Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Anderson Koopa posted:

Umm, are they aware of the temperature in Brazil during the summer? They'd have to play early in the morning or in a dome for it to be feasible I'd think.

this doesn't seem noticeably different than a September/October Miami game. I’m going to assume that I'm the first one to make this observation and not read any of the following posts until I've sent this reply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I was wrong and I apologize

e: what were the ratings like for the super early games this season?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kalli posted:

No, the only thing they should do with the QB sneak / shove plays is call forward progress immediately when the QB is stopped.

Either you get it on the initial push or you didn't, play over.

fully agreed

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

drat you had a 60 inch vertical that rules

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Rectal Placenta posted:

You realize it's not uncommon for someone's head to be at least five feet from the ground just while standing.

oh so he has a 0 inch vertical. that's impressive in its own way

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I wonder if a team would ever be willing to sacrifice a roster spot to be able to hand out a Bonilla type deal. like extend Mahomes for 20 years on minimum salary with a $575m signing bonus. it'd be a way undervalued cap hit to make room for more superstars, but then you're limited to 52. I guess once he turns 45 you can reasonably put him on IR every year. or find a guy who place kicks with his right leg and punts with his left

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Print the shirts Squirt the mayo.

this is not ok.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kalli posted:

You can only spread signing bonus cap hits across the next 5 years of a deal/restructure. You'd have to do insane locked in roster bonuses and then when the player does leave the team, all the remaining cap hits move up to that year / the next year with a June 1st designation. So you can move money forward for a long long time (see the Saints), but you can't do an Ohtani / Bonilla contract.

oh I didn’t know it was just 5 years, you're right that would make it almost impossible

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'm glad Mahomes apologized to Josh

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the whole Chiefs diaper saga has just made me want a one hour NFL Films special called The Best Plays That Didn’t Count

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

We can only hope

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cole Pennington sounds like he should be a white jazz clarinetist

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Simplex posted:

It's kind of besides the point, which is why is Russ snapping the ball with 20 seconds on the play clock there? Give the video assistants some time to look at the play. It's just not smart football in that situation, and he did it on back-to-back plays.

the head coach and play caller probably has some influence on when the ball is snapped

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Chiefs fans can have that false start back if they give the eagles their DPI back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

sharknado slashfic posted:

Not that I believe it but that would have to be the weirdest suspension ever right

idk, homeboy seems to care about wildlife. I could see him horking a rail, hearing they shot a bird, and ordering them suspended