Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Roth)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Yeah I feel comfortable waiting for the DC so as not to encourage that kind of bullshit. I don't really care about reviews and loathe Rotten Tomato but I don't have time for Netflix's games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

CaptainN posted:

AI is so easy to spot, only hack writers are blind to it.

The Emperor's new AI generated whathaveyou

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

McCloud posted:

Don't worry, Gunn is gonna come out soon and call it his favorite movie of the year!

Stephen King too. Or maybe he will endorse Rebel Moon, a movie that looks pretty muscular to me.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I just peeked the first minute before work, is there a way to get a gif of the vagina vortex and penis ship right from the beginning? That's one hell of a first impression.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Yesss thank you!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Snyder needs to get netflix back in the physical media business. Start printing their exclusives on disc. There are a few on there that I'd buy 4k discs for.

The Night Comes for Us on physical media, gently caress yeah!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

McCloud posted:

One of the supplemental materials netflix put out reveals that the king was just a big of a murderous twat as the current regent is, and the many many kings before him, but the birth of his daughter softened him and turned him more doveish, implication being it was influenced by the godly wholesome goodness of his daughter. This heel turn is what prompted the more hawkish contingent of the senate (led by current regent Bellisarius) to hatch a coup and assassination plot. The king died, Bellisaurus took over and rededicated the empire to their evil nefarious ill-deeds. I assume this is going to be explored in future segments.

All this makes sense and can be inferred from the movie, it just seems like Snyder is eternally doomed to not make things clear. Gary Elves gets one scene with audible lines, expressing the hope that things will be different when his daughter rules. Then he gets 2 1/2 scenes of screaming at his troops from his Reichstagstribüne in a stark contrast to his softer tone.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

The long version is just the short version x2.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

There's like a 95% chance that the spider monster's going to have nipples, so get ready for that.

Quoted from the Snyder Dome:

The MSJ posted:

Found this on Threads LOL

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

wyoming posted:

Also talks a bit about how he's writing a King Arthur-esqe tale set in the wild west.

Zack Snyder is my son when he didn't clean his room and can't find a specific toy for a scene he has in mind so he'll just take whatever and pretends those cowboys ard actually knights because eh, close enough.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Started watching Scargiver just now but had to stop and post because Ed Skrein's pronunciation has made me realize that Wheat-world is literally just called "World" in German (Welt).

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It's Veldt, according to the subtitles. Which is still pretty on-the-nose, but for slightly different reasons.

The way Skrein says it, it's just "Welt". Go back to "Welt".

Finished Teil 2: Die Narbenmacherin, and yeah the seams aren't quite as noticeable as in the first one. I feel the need to say that Ed Skrein has two problems, and only two problems because I want to state that he is otherwise perfect: Firstly, he is basically doing the same bit as in the first movie. There is no noticeable difference, except now he seems to be stronger because that's what being brought back from the dead does for you I guess. Secondly, Ed Skrein can't loving deal with fighting on a falling battleship platform. Between Rebel Moon 1, Deadpool and this, he is 3-0 on getting his rear end kicked in such an environment; get your poo poo together Ed Skrein!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

teagone posted:

No pain, no grain. Or... no grain, no gain. Either works.

Thread title please

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I got a question about Kora almost surrendering herself when Noble threatened the helpless people in the longhouse: What?

It's just a house, in the village. The Empire has scanners, and are assholes. How did Kora not see this coming? Was this already an attempt by her to get on the ship, or was the plan truly that bad that it almost got foiled by the Most Obvious Move Ever?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

josh04 posted:

If I'm remembering the first film right, Kora thought that with Noble dead that no-one Imperial would know that she was the most wanted criminal in the galaxy. Him undeading himself means all their grain-based assumptions about how this will play out are wrong, so she panics.

But the assault on the longhouse doesn't even have to involve Noble; it's just a reasonable assumption that the Empire would attack their weakest and most helpless people just to be dicks. Especially if you gather them all in one easily accessible spot. I guess Kora was thrown off by Noble's presence, but her and everybody's surprise at the attack doesn't make sense unless it was meant to be a trap for the Empire.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I like how the Empire has absolute superiority in aerial and space combat. Say what you will about its tech but the rest of the galaxy seems to be in worse shape. Even the rebels with their fighters only engage with them when the Dreadnought is already crashing. It sells how oppressive and overwhelming their power is, even if you beat their ground troops you just can't touch them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

YggdrasilTM posted:

I think the whole three day timeline was a little too compressed. The farmers harvested the crop in a third of the time they usually needed, AND they were trained to the point of being able to fight, AND they prepared a network of boobytrapped trenches, AND they recovered Kora ship? It's not a big deal, but it's also not very credible.

Agreed, but watching them go and do all that made me think that there must be some time fuckery going on, like a standard Velt day being 45 hours long instead of 24. There is never any indication for this to be the case outside of the harvesting and training montage so it's just a personal theory.