Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

wiki posted:

Central Norway started introducing Epic (branded “Helseplattformen”) in the winter 2023. After approximately two months, the public broadcaster NRK reported that around 25% of the doctors at the region's main hospital considered quitting their job, and that 40% were experiencing stress related health issues due to the new IT system. Previously, health personnel actively demonstrated against the software by marching though the city of Trondheim.[46] Due to the chaos ensuing the introduction, including 16.000 letters not being sent to patients, the Norwegian CEO of the Helseplattformen IT project, Torbjørg Vanvik, had her employment ended by the board. Unexpected cost increases forced the authorities to decrease efforts in other areas, such as a planned initiative on mental health. Employee representatives state that the public will receive ”significantly worse services“. A year after implementation over 90% of doctors in the affected hospitals considered the Epic system a threat to patient health, and hospital staff organised large demonstrations at seven hospitals that had or were planning on implementing Epic systems.

Helse Midt-Norge today forced Helse Møre og Romsdal in Norway to start with Epic / Helseplattformen even if M&R's own board voted against it. Helse Midt has sunk billions of NOK into Epic's trash heap already.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_Systems#Norwegian_experience

Was it Shaggar that worked at Epic? Maybe this should be a callout thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

ahh

oh well, anyone else volunteer to being the thread appointed epic scapegoat?

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

i forgot to add uk's epic system to the topic

anyone know what they called epic over there?

you know epic's expensive since every installation must get its own name

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Kernel Sanders posted:

M-M-M-ONSTER BILL

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

no, I think she worked on mumps stuff

I want to say it was tori but iirc he works in health insurance adjustment/claims software, which is probably an even more disgusting branch of all-american medtech

i thought epic systems were mumps stuff

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

yeah it's exactly the same issues in norway.

and helse midt knew about the issues with sundhetsplatformen before themselves going for epic, it's kinda baffling they did

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

a shame it's so difficult to find articles about helseplattformen that is in english and not paywalled.

https://www-nrk-no.translate.goog/m...&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Kernel Sanders posted:

if norway is anything like sweden, the procurement process is driven by people who have been doing procurement forever, but for stuff like snow plowing or bathroom supplies for schools and why change a winning concept?

i'm guessing that + epic had the best powerpoint deck and the most expensive representation dinner/open bar

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

akadajet posted:

I thought mumps was mostly only used at Epic.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

akadajet posted:

we’ve got a wpf/xaml based client that I refuse to touch

so you're saying you work at epic? :p

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

i really wonder how epic spins the story of its nordic rollouts to their own employees

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

since there are several danes in here

has anyone got affected by sundhetsplatformen in any way? just wondering what we've got in store when they've finished rolling it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

necroing threads today, but i found tokin posting this video in the grey forums a while ago, and it belongs here