Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I haven’t kept up wtt but Solo Leveling has been pretty quality and decent so far, especially compared to the pretty meh adaptation of Returners Magic. Manhwa adaptations seem to stay hot or cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Xelkelvos posted:

It's meant specifically to be more entry level too compared to the big mahjong series so that makes sense.

It reminds me that Chihayafuru, which was sponsored by the Karuta association, still hasn't animated the last bits of the manga (though a good chunk of it is basically one tournament which may or may not go down well)

Did that manga finish? I paused it for a bit and wanted to pick it up eventually if it’s done now is a good time I guess.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Solo Leveling looks really good both in webtoon and anime forms. The fights come off well. Otherwise its meh.

Compared to A Returners Magic the anime adaptation is vastly better looking and higher quality sound, editing etc despite both being average isekai stories.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

GateOfD posted:

Liked the Returners Magic adaptation better, maybe because it has a more rounded support cast, wheres Solo Leveling is well....very Solo and will continue to do so

I also enjoyed it, same for the manhwa comparatively, but it felt definitely lower quality of production for the respective animes, which is why I think the high quality of Solo Leveling brings in a certain amount of eyeballs.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Endorph posted:

i think some amount of translation notes in the margins can be interesting trivia or help inform the reader about the process but at the same time trying to make the manga too much about the translator can be really annoying, and that can happen even if they are just actually informational translator notes

A few now and then are either useful, or sometimes funny. It's bad when it's like real cringey stuff though or someone just talking to interject poo poo. I like having a note like 1-2x in a chapter if its crossrefrencing something back to other parts of the story, or dropping in some regional context that's not well known for westerners etc.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

gently caress yeah

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

ninjewtsu posted:

trigun stampede utilized the 3d pretty well i thought.

Yeah I cringed at it for the 1st few minutes then by the end of 1st ep realized this was working well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

:golfclap: