Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Waffleman_ posted:

There's going to be so many good Marcille faces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

anyways, I am looking forward to the Torture anime, instead of any of the isekai, which would be actual torture

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

anyways, ground floor on 2024

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:page3:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

if you want to watch Rayearth, make sure you don’t watch the OVA. It’s garbage and a poor retelling of the anime and the manga

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

the “season one” of rayearth on Crunchyroll actually has both tv seasons. The first season ends on episode 20.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Arc Hammer posted:

First ep of Dungeon Meshi is pretty good and funny.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I watched the dungeon meshi sub but decided to watch the english dub because of the cast. It’s so good. They adapted the script to let the conversation flow more smoothly and I really love the “well, a duck isn’t going to walk by with a green onion” joke.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Arc Hammer posted:

So I wasn't going crazy catching a bunch of Pokémon references in the episode, then, only for me to miss the Farfetch'd joke.

Endorph posted:

a duck bearing a green onion is an old japanese saying in general, farfetch'd is just a reference to it

I listened to the japanese audio again and I think the actual japanese audio does mention a green onion. I copied the jp subtitles with google lens and got “カモがネギをしょ来ることなんてないんだよ” which machine translation means “Ducks never bring green onions”. But the official netflix subs just translate it to “There’s no such thing as a free lunch”. I can see why professional subbers would go one way or the other. But the english dub made it sound good even without Endorph’s helpful context.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Arc Hammer posted:

Perhaps but when I'm hearing Pokeball sound effects in the show and Laios's book has a picture of a Rattata in it I'm starting to sense a trend.

yeah, it’s stuff like this and the great performance of the english cast that may get me to just watch the english dub instead of doing the subs

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

wonder why there seem to be no north american distributors for Pon no Michi

I'm hoping that it's just that the distribution fees were too high for the expected content but hopefully Crunchyroll picks it up at some point.

(I also have Netflix and HiDive subs so that would be fine too, although the latter is much more likely than the former)

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

lv99 villainess turned out to be charming

glad I’m reading this thread which pointed out this diamond of a show

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Furnaceface posted:

I am actually really enjoying the laid back nature and pace of Delicious in Dungeon. Good characters and silly premise.

:same:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

binged watched the first two eps of bravern and I’m sold

may not get anime of the year (that will certainly go to dungeon meshi) but will get a special mention

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

lol at all the manga spoilers for Frieren

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I was really hoping for some bloodshed but my expectations have been seriously tempered at this point

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Frieren’s slow pace is both :discourse: and :f5:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Feldegast42 posted:

Is Dungeon Meshi any good? It was hyped to hell but now that's it's airing I'm not hearing much of it and a lot of people seemed turned off by the first few episodes.

it’s good

also, the english simuldub is also very good and this is the only anime I’ve ever skipped the subs on for the past 20 or so years (when I watched cowboy bebop in 2001 on cable).

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Xelkelvos posted:

Still watching Pon no Michi and something I didn't know was that it's apparently a shoujo series. Or at least, the manga that got released shortly before the anime started is running in a shoujo magazine. It's still a mahjong themed SoL series, but it's a slightly interesting thing about it. It also already has a spin-off manga published in a Seinen (online) magazine which seems more appropriate.

too bad it doesn't seem to be on crunchyroll or hidive

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Kwyndig posted:

Oh nobody licensed Pon no Michi, they all decided the asking price wasn't worth it for a show with such niche appeal.

:smith:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

cave emperor posted:

Eh no big loss, it's extremely mediocre.

I’m not surprised

I should try watching Saki, maybe

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

cave emperor posted:

I quite enjoyed the bits where they actually play mahjong, it's just that that's been like, 10% of the show so far, and the other 90% is an extremely generic and unfunny slice of life show. Proportionally speaking it's a cooking show more than it's a mahjong show at this point.

yurucamp is more of an outdoor cooking show than a camping show

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

just kidding

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Synthbuttrange posted:

Level 99 Villainess' lousy with poor cgi everywhere

:yeah:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

if you can’t get enough of bad cgi and generally low stakes isekai fluff, lvl99 villainess will hit the spot

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

cant cook creole bream posted:

Delicious in Dungeon is so delightful. Thanks goons for hyping that up and making me watch it.

this week is so good

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

all caught up on Bravern up to episode 6 and I dunno where this train is going but I’ve got my ticket punched for the end of the line

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Pan Dulce posted:

This may not be germane to this season, but who cares? Next season, the third season of Laid-Back Camp comes on! I was recommended this series by doomrider7 and I need to catch up! Starting to watch S1 now and I like it.

it's just so good!

S2 is very hit or miss but the movie is top notch

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Arc Hammer posted:

Isn't it a jelly donut

then what’s ramen?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

we were expecting a different answer but your contribution is appreciated

AnoHito posted:

Burgers, obviously.

correct

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

dunno about anchovy, spinach, and pineapple pizza, but I could go for an anchovy and black olive pizza right now

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I do not condone dog kicking and so I will choose not to watch metallic rouge

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Darth Walrus posted:

Speaking as a certified dog lover, it was a deeply upsetting dog worthy of being kicked.

:smith:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I guess that will be one anime that I won't be watching with my dog.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

it is going to be incredibly hard to choose the best anime of this season because I am watching three of them closely and they keep getting better and better

• bang brave bang bravern
  • frieren
  • delicious in dungeon

I should probably also watch apothecary diaries s2.

But I just binge watched the last two eps of bravern and it just doesn’t slow down for anything. Absolutely incredible. All three of the above shows hit different needs and I haven’t had this feeling since watching bocchi last year

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Having watched only the anime, I think right now is a good time to catch up on Frieren. I will admit that the bird catching episodes were a bit weak but the worldbuilding is essential groundwork. I think it gets much better after that set.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

anyways, a lot of my discords have people uploading clips of frieren to show how beautiful the animation is, particularly of the last two episodes.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Ibblebibble posted:

Is Bravern over already? Guess I should binge it if it is.

Nope. Still going strong.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

sorry, when I said “last two”, I meant it in the spirit of “the two most recently aired episodes”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Xelkelvos posted:

Spring 2024 - The Spice (and Wolf) Must Flow