Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lol, sounds interesting, I'll check it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think he's saying you have bad opinions

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Delicious in Dungeon is very good, though

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I like the actress and I like the character, but it's a loving radioactive role and it's really gonna suck for her

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

make them fight

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

He's actually right, in this case

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Those working conditions have gotta be harsh, they're putting out enough content that the network can regularly air 24-hour marathons! :v:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Okay, but they're not, like, the people that operate the machines at Northrop-Grumman that turn children into grist. They're just writers, it's fine that their job exists and they deserve a living wage even if they're doing bad work.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I feel like Cowboy Bebop is, at least theoretically, easier to adapt than a manga that heavily involves tank combat

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lmao gently caress off, what a hilariously bad direction. Don't blame Stewart for chasing that bag, but they had Roy Wood Jr. right there and they just fumbled it back to an old host.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

mystes posted:

drat just directing a bunch of pilots and raking in the cash would be nice

The rub is that a ton of pilots for shows that don't get picked up at all get produced every year, iirc

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah so just don't direct a bad pilot

I've got bad news for you about the taste of network executives

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

feedmyleg posted:

I present the first annual feedmyleg award for mediocre posting to myself

eh, i've seen less exceptional

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bright Bart posted:

That scene that everyone says makes the show a masterpiece from that point onwards? Where he breaks down and finally talks about his brother? How he loved and hated him? Is glad to be rid of the mess he makes in everybody's life but would give anything to have him back?

I watched it. It's fine. Maybe more than fine. And I obviously missed the build-up and context. But I've seen better. I listen to more touching stories every week irl

Please tell everyone here your favorite show so we can watch it in the dumbest way possible

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The actual series finale is one of the best episodes though??? And I don't love the Season 5 finale but it's a lot better than 4's.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Shageletic posted:

they should have done a Monsters v. Aliens one instead

MvA already had a cartoon spin-off!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oh, poo poo

rip tobias' acting coach :(

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You'd be surprised by the psychology there, last I heard people like voting for the winner and are less likely to bother if they think it's hopeless

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Plot Against America

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Godzilla is an alternate history, exploring what life would like if Godzilla existed

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rousey was in 7, but Carano was in 6!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

*feverishly sprinting to my keyboard*

Now THAT'S a Quick Bite!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Khanstant posted:

Amazons player is already bad. The only good thing it has is the IMDb overlay to tell you the actors on screen at any time.

Even that sucks! You can't turn it off!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Scabs: LA

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think the dialogue is pretty bad and it's very reliant on cliché

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

zoux posted:

It's cool they got the original Cyclops and Storm VAs back. I can't tell if that's the same wolverine. There's only one VA that absolutely must return and that's Gambit.

Cyclops is clearly Ray Chase to me, so I don't think that's his original voice actor

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I really liked that show

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Max: The One to Watch for HBO

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I loved both Knives Out and Glass Onion. They're not really meticulously crafted mysteries, but they embody Johnson's storytelling sense. The man's a magician, and the whole point of a magic act is sleight of hand and misdirection to draw your attention to the right wrong place. People derogatorily say he's all about "subverting expectations" instead of telling the classic story you came to see, but every time he pulls the rug it's with clear purpose.

e: Brothers Bloom is maybe his least film (as in, it's the one I remember the least), but it basically spells this out in the first five minutes

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bautista is very clearly supposed to be a composite of Joe Rogan and Andrew Tate

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

With everything else Brick is going for I wouldn't really call it much of a "mystery." I'm not saying Johnson is at all a one-note filmmaker, I'm saying his priority in KO and GO is trying to twist the murder mystery framework by getting the audience to overlook the extraordinarily obvious truth. For me at least, they wildly succeed.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It really doesn't matter which it is, either way they're refusing to engage with the actual statement.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't think that's meaningfully better

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've heard basically zero good things about 3 Body Problem

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

mystes posted:

Unsurprisingly because not enough people watched it or was there some sort of scandal or something?

I assume because of the thing three posts above yours

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

feedmyleg posted:

I thought it would be a bit more Mad Men.

From what I remember of its history, I think the producers thought the same thing

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

First episode of Fallout was alright. Shouted "WHAT THE gently caress" at Matt Berry in the "This Season On" promo at the end, though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I can't believe the real killer got him too :(

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rageaholic posted:

The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story ruled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=726Ujz_KOHE

One of my favorite shows ever, in part for making Sterling K. Brown a breakout star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Timby posted:

I'm pretty sure This Is Us did that.

He got his first Emmy for ACS, I'm counting it