Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watchmen TV show had an excellent Reznor/Ross score. That's about the only thing I remember about it. Oh yeah, and Jeremy Irons was in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I remember thinking Star Trek Beyond was really one of the best Trek movies, looking at it without a nostalgia lens. And yet, I've never wanted to rewatch it.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Big Bizness posted:

Who watches the mastodon men

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

LazyMaybe posted:

a friend of mine really likes prometheus entirely because of David. never mentions anything else in the movie

they're right

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Pretty wild how Adam Driver is the only member of the main casts of all the Disney SW movies whose career wasn't crushed to dust after they were finished. And Ben Mendohlson, who owns, but he was already well established by then anyway.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I didn't care of Beyond much really. Sure it was better than Kahnderbatch but that's not saying much.

Beyond pretended like it existed in a long established world that had been around for years and people felt any kind of attachment to, just aping off the original Search For Spock. We're supposed to feel something seeing the Enterprise destroyed. But no one gives a poo poo because its been around for 2 movies, the original had been around for decades when it was destroyed. Kirk waxes poetical about how he's starting to feel old and he's been on, just so many adventures you guys, you don't even know, boy if you ever got to see any of them, they would have been so exciting to watch, shame you missed it all.

The villain was boring and a criminal misuse of Idris Elba.

Everyone seems to forget the other two main set pieces after destroying the Enterprise was Kirk dirt biking, and how The Beastie Boys saved space.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Laterite posted:

Pretty wild how Adam Driver is the only member of the main casts of all the Disney SW movies whose career wasn't crushed to dust after they were finished. And Ben Mendohlson, who owns, but he was already well established by then anyway.

oscar isaac is the lead in del toro's currently filming frankenstein movie

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

UnleashedDad posted:

As a continuation of the story, the Watchmen TV series was better than it had any right to be. Really enjoyed it, especially Jeremy Irons.

Irons was enjoyable but it was awful as a continuation this is such a bizarre take. Did everyone under this delusion erase the comic from their memory or did they just never read it.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

BoyG posted:

Wait there's a Watchman comic?

Yeah, it's an adaptation of the Snyder film. It even uses a lot of frames from the movie for its panels

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Beyond pretended like it existed in a long established world that had been around for years and people felt any kind of attachment to, just aping off the original Search For Spock. We're supposed to feel something seeing the Enterprise destroyed. But no one gives a poo poo because its been around for 2 movies, the original had been around for decades when it was destroyed. Kirk waxes poetical about how he's starting to feel old and he's been on, just so many adventures you guys, you don't even know, boy if you ever got to see any of them, they would have been so exciting to watch, shame you missed it all.
lol it's Skyfall

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Laterite posted:

they're right

Yep, the David story/arc is genuinely ontresting and well done. The rest can at best ne described as a good looking fun mess, if you've being charitable.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i was looking up a steven seagal movie and i stumbled upon a somewhat active steven seagal focused forum: http://www.steven-seagal.net/xen/index.php?forums/general.5/

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Stink Billyums posted:

oscar isaac is the lead in del toro's currently filming frankenstein movie

forgot about P.O.E.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sunk Dunk posted:

i was looking up a steven seagal movie and i stumbled upon a somewhat active steven seagal focused forum: http://www.steven-seagal.net/xen/index.php?forums/general.5/
I think we can take 'em

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Reboot movies come in three flavours:
1. An origin story about how the heroes came to acquire all of their iconic marchandizable stuff.
2. A follow up to 1. where they bombard you with five thousand references back to the original show/movie while offering you an inferior version of those things.
3. All the actors are on death's door and you make a movie about how they have to retire after finally becoming too old for this poo poo.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
drat new road house is bad

And Connor mcgregie is somehow in this movie?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Rageaholic posted:

Watchmen TV show had an excellent Reznor/Ross score. That's about the only thing I remember about it. Oh yeah, and Jeremy Irons was in it.

how tf did you forget lube man?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuQNy9CIFek

Also gently caress yeah that soundtrack rules

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
ok I thought what I've seen of 3 body problem was alright but these ads I'm seeing are making me mad.
"FROM THE CREATORS OF GAME OF THRONES" bitch you are not GRRM. you did not create game of thrones, you flubbed an adaptation of game of thrones.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
cancer guy is in a paper boat

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Benioff & Weiss made the most popular ending to GoT that will ever see the light of day.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

N. Senada posted:

it's weird they forgot how to film a rowdy bar scene.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I watched the original Road House for the first time last night. It was a lot of fun! Cartoony and charming.
I was thinking of seeing the new one today but sounds like it might be a slog.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Generally I don't poo poo on the idea of remakes, because Hitchcock remakes introduced me to much superior originals.

Maybe I should look up remakes that come out recently and go watch the olds.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

N. Senada posted:

He's the only worthwhile part. Awful film. Almost completely devoid of charm, which is a total 180 from the original which is full of it.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Laterite posted:

If you like Ben Mendohlson, you need to be watching The New Look on Apple TV+. It's probably the best show to come out this year, but since it's on Apple TV+ no one is talking about it.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Rageaholic posted:

He's the only worthwhile part. Awful film. Almost completely devoid of charm, which is a total 180 from the original which is full of it.

It's wild that Connor McGregor might single-handedly bring down the UFC entirely because Dana White wants so badly to make him a superstar that he's bending/breaking every rule in the organization to keep McGregor's coked-up, steroid-popping rear end in the spotlight.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

https://twitter.com/tdcpresents/status/1773160918475555173?t=5wYEJaU_WB8I-JXiNoxSng&s=19

return of the king

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The more of Breen's movies you see, the more surprised you are that he wasn't at the January 6th insurrection.

But enough about eyes on Breen, there's a Patreon Update!

Red Letter Media posted:

Lots o Stuff

Hey everyone! We've got a handful of videos that are already shot/produced and in various stages of editing. The next thing being released will probably be Mike and Rich finally talking about that ancient TV show Andor. Remember Star Wars???? They finally watched the recent new Star War. In addition to that, Colin was in town and we shot a re:View for Predator 2 as well as watched the latest Neil Breen film Cade: The Tortured Crossing! In addition to those, we have another animated Spitballs video coming as well. Just need to do sound mixing and some minor editing to that one. Lots to work on!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

return of the king

Breen real is a master of bad to the point of surreal movies. Every frame just completely saturated with bizarrely terrible choices.

Breen, never change.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The directorial debut from washed-up hack Jerry Seinfeld:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lqRPUhPfho

This somehow looks even worse than the Flamin' Hot Cheetos movie

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Wow after bee movie people were still dumb enough to give him money. It is genuinely impressive how many legitimately funny comedians they managed to get for this and to still have it look so bad.

I just looked them up. The three other writers worked with Seinfeld on bee movie. lol.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Give Jerry Seinfeld a Superman movie

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

LanceHunter posted:

The more of Breen's movies you see, the more surprised you are that he wasn't at the January 6th insurrection.

But enough about eyes on Breen, there's a Patreon Update!

I'm glad they're talking about Andor. Whether they liked it or not, it's really in their wheelhouse.

Rageaholic posted:

Is it me or is he somehow transforming into a replacement Gilbert Gottfried?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Sir Lemming posted:

Is it me or is he somehow transforming into a replacement Gilbert Gottfried?

Only looks wise. Gottfried actually has a sense of humor and can tell a joke though so there still pretty different.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cassian of Imola posted:

I avoided Rogue One for a long time but it turned out to be the only Star Wars movie since ROTJ that I liked (still haven't seen Solo or ep 9 and never will, God willing), and I'd rank it right after Empire and A New Hope. Although they were brief, the very worst parts were all the bits with Vader, including the final sequence — Final Fantasy Peter Cushing was tasteless and bad, but at least his character had a reason to be there, and Ben Mendelsohn jockeying with him for power was a great subplot culminating in, for me, one of the most memorable effects shots of the last decade

All this is to say that, compared with Prometheus, Rogue One is Citizen Kane

I'm guessing then that Citizen Kane is a dog poo poo movie that does nothing interesting, worthwhile, actively makes you hate the rest of the citiizenkane franchise and expanded universe?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Jerry Seinfeld is a child predator

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Rageaholic posted:

Sooo many paid posts in the comments that are some combination of 'bill burr', 'jfk', and 'hair'
They already know this is a major flop so they're canvasing out of the gate

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I thought Jerry Seinfeld was busy doing support the troops thing in Israel.

Anyway Prometheus is way better than R1.

Also both Watchman comic and 3 body novel are mediocre.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

dr_rat posted:

Only looks wise. Gottfried actually has a sense of humor and can tell a joke though so there still pretty different.

Gottfried wasn't a pedophile either so there's that

No. 6 posted:

Jerry Seinfeld is a child predator

Really can't be overstated what a creep Seinfeld is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Frank Frank posted:

Really can't be overstated what a creep Seinfeld is.

i mean you could, but you'd need to think for a minute first