Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

PostNouveau posted:

This thread seems like it would know.

Is it possible to die of being hungover?

Well it could burst a blood vessel in you if you're predisposed to having 'em break on you's. All the vomits and strains, doncha know. But in practice no, not randomly much really. But it's not like it's good for ya's.

Crystal meth is probably much safer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

You wanna know how to make non-rlm movie youtube content? This is how you make movie youtube content. About 8 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVlXXwCIUiQ

Also Harrison Ford is a bad actor and that's why that scene didn't work until he stopped acting and just told the truth about him and Carrie irl while being himself

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 2, 2024

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Watching a nobel prize speech written by someone who has never heard a single nobel dinner laureate speech in their entire life

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

There are six commonly expressed nationalities in America. White, Asian, Mexican, African, the first, and Irish. Expressing like this in other nations makes you sound turbo racist

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Cubone posted:

that's not what the word nationality means

We know that you know and why you're still calling Americans Irish

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

things like "stories" "characters" and "vision" are outmoded concepts. all that exists is the brands. you buy the brand and you slap that label on the ol slop bucket, and when people get sick of that, you buy a new brand

brands!

School of General Motors automotive engineering and buisinessTM

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

He directed Fitzcaraldo (etc) so I'm going to pretend that's my reason for posting it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FS9JKeEZss

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I don't watch "movies" from japan or italy

I don't watch "children's adventure stories" star trek

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

They should hire her back and make her character a lesbian. Like all the character does is gently caress ladies and speak out in support of body autonomy and support her drag queens reading space books to young space children. And whatever else has the fascists all hot and bothered lately.

Have her shoot piss out of her fingers on vhs tape and deny its existence and only want to date mexicans and indian tech support. That will end her popularity with them

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Stink Billyums posted:

probably the #1 thing is everyone's attention spans have been destroyed by having the internet on your phone, with you at all times. people just can't concentrate on one thing long enough to give it much thought.

It's also that making profound stuff is hard and not easily compatible with commercial motivations, and so the shallow crap of yesterday now has to be quick to keep people from dumping it. Phones have ironically set people free to not suffer being bored.
No wonder crap entertainment gets frantic trying to hide what they are

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

This ended up being a nothing.

Empire’s latest issue is a look back at the prequel trilogy in an attempt to rehab them and say “no the prequels were good, actually. I suspect Disney paid them for it.

SA predicted the future once again. God I hated SGM's posts

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

X wings and tie fighters like a ww2 movie. That was a major part of the original popularity. It was a major part of why ILM got so much attention. Give me Memphis Belle in vacuum hell of get tae gently caress

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Striking when the iron could never be colder is a disney classic strat

Disney on icetm

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

mfer said a dang lmao

Dang, pilgrim

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

Dennis Hopper died in Vietnam

Why would you say such a thing

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

khwarezm posted:

Its very enjoyable seeing Dune eclipse Star Wars at the moment, even the fans can't believe it.

What I can't believe is Stellan Skarsgård is in both. In this economy this hippie managed to fed 8 children by acting

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I believe the skarsgards are the inheritors of dark, unspeakable, scandinavian magic

change my mind

we don't talk about real Thor (Tor) with outsiders

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Molothecat posted:

I'm doing my best to temper expectations, but it does look like they understood the source material

They understood fallout 4. Fallout 1 was the first game I bought with my own money. Motherfucking Disney is better at star wars than bethesda is at fallout

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

LookieLoo posted:

drat, I can feel the violence behind those words

You mock me!? I'm putting you on the list next to Howard :argh:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

poisonpill posted:

Gratuitous nudity IS feminism, according to modern pop culture. Who am I to gainsay progress?

My t-shirt i answering the questions strangers are asking because of my t-shirt

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

That DICK! posted:

if he truly was a "scars guard" he wouldnt be doing a freaking joker right now

scar's gourd

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

His mother's a bitch

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

"And throw Zendaya in there, something for the dads!"

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

What was the god damned point of disowning all the wookiepedia wank with the "legends" rebranding if they're not going to delete any of it.

E. And why do I have to remind myself that I don't care about star wars :psyduck:

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 19, 2024

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

can you imagine if somebody didn't know what the volume was? pathetic. how do you suppose you'd explain it to them? I wouldn't. I'd spit in their face for not knowing, but what do you think you'd say?

google spits at you? are they allowed to do that

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

I don't agree, it fails my three criteria for ghost movies: being in black and white with subtitles

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Humanity is one species. There are no human races, we are all the same human species. Using the word race reveals the person believes in race, and that is what the word racist means. Documents that ask you for your race, are racist. The concept of Race is 18th century pseudoscience. We stopped saying r*tard, why not also race?
American english is a tiny bit hosed.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Gripweed posted:

This is a racist position because it ignores that while there is no scientific basis for race there is extensive sociological basis. People are still judged and oppressed based on their race. Ignoring that fact simply allows racism to continue.

No, akshully. Letting people judge and opress other people, for any reason, is what allows it to continue. The fact that some people systematise fictional differences is a facet of sociology, but it sure isn't a societal basis for anything, and it does not justify using their concepts. It very doable to acknowledge and legislate hate crimes without acknowledging the haters intellectual constructs or language.

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 23, 2024

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

congratulations to non-english speaking countries on never having developed a concept of race

We stopped using it after ww2. You should too.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Gripweed posted:

No, you actually do need to know what race is to stop discrimination on the basis of race.

You criminalise mistreatment. You do not need to establish a criminals motives to prove what they've done. You do not need to recognise anyone's framing but your own. I'm not pointing to a legal system "look there, that's how it's done", I am saying it is possible to make one.

Gripweed posted:

Ah yes, the famously non-racist Europe. Why, Europeans are so not racist when they saw what racist Americans would call a black soccer player on the field, they saw only a hungry young man and threw bananas at him because they thought he needed potassium, not out of any race-based nonsense!

Our racists don't win popularity contests and don't get to be president

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Khanstant posted:

There is zero meaningful difference between a replicant and a human. Anyone trying to determine Decker's personal info after the movie is a nosy bigot who should mind their own fuckin business.

:hmmyes:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

I like how Mike can't imagine how the Empire works. Like how does any government work? Yeah people join the empire, just like how people join the army or join the state department or become a cop or become a local judge or get a nice paying job at Newport News shipyards. That's the whole point of Andor, it shows the banality of the whole thing. Yeah there's thousands of middle class core worlds paying taxes and funneling tax money from their economies into the empire, just as they did in the republic.

Also they're so correctly mad about the idea of Luthen being a Jedi but then demand an entire missing-the-point-of-the-character rehabilitation arc for arc for Kyle's character? Guys come on, you were so close to understanding the character by seeing the parallels with Andor.

It's evident how star trek has rotted their brains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

For my money the best visual in the movie is that overhead shot when Paul is moving through the crowd of Fremen and each head looks like an individual grain of sand, with Paul's movement across the screen from top to bottom symbolizing the coming avalanche of change.