Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
new year new me! I'm going to stop doing that thing where I post in a way where it's hard to tell how serious I am

really enjoying watching Ōsama Rangkingu while walking around in circles in my living room.

gently caress.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

*looks at watch* they should probably come up with a title for that. I'd want to come up with a title for it soon, me.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Hackers film 1995 posted:

i know im not on twitter and i am old, but i never have a clue that any of these psy ops that the internet speaks of are happening. probably because they are not happening or they are just extremely ineffective
I definitely feel this way while playing Madden NFL 24 and enjoying the improved block, return of refs to the field, and more than 1,000 new animations. Madden NFL 24, available now for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Series X/S, and Windows PCs . EA Sports– Your defensive capabilities are unable to withstand us. Strength is irrelevant. Resistance will be punished. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

IndecisiveMexican posted:

Dunno, if this has been mentioned here but Rich, Jay, and Mike provide full commentary for "Demon Wind" in the 2022 game High on Life.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iwz6STAGWPI
it has, but thank you

Cubone
May 26, 2011

sigh.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

what is a bizarrre shooutout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEI7oX0XxJw

Cubone
May 26, 2011

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

That actually sucks, but I got the vibe that Josh did most of the directing anyway

Cubone
May 26, 2011

X JAKK posted:

all the budget went into dumb looking full body costumes and puppets,
sold

Cubone
May 26, 2011

hard counter posted:

sinister, supernatural men in suits
AHHHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHH!

scared the poo poo out of me

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Hackers film 1995 posted:

for most of my life i thought con air was directed by michael bay. in hindsight its not crazy/stupid enough. but it has the same feel as the rock so you can see how i was confused
you were probably sensing jerry bruckheimer in the producer's chair

Cubone
May 26, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

No one knows where he's from and he's not saying
he's from new orleans :mad:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

You have Tim the functional alcoholic who gets increasingly deranged as the movie goes on,

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Sunk Dunk posted:

the disaster artist audio book is super good btw. i recommend it to everyone. greg does a PERFECT tommy impression throughout. it makes the disaster artist movie look like poo poo
yeah the movie was kind of a weird revisionist fluff piece, I assume because of wiseau's direct involvement. in the book sestero is constantly comparing him to the talented mr. ripley lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

trilobite terror posted:

the Vince McMahon meme, but it's Jay

Paul Verhoeven is making a new American movie
it's an erotic thriller
written by Ed Neumeier

Cubone
May 26, 2011

kalel posted:

watched the lord of the rings: the fellowship of the ring: extended edition at the alamo

worth it just for the balrog scene imo
there's no movie theater at the alamo

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I don't think anyone remembers this.
yeah wait what?

I don't remember the first season of the walking dead being in black and white

kingo explain. EXPLAIN.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I'm da jokoy baby

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I might be due for a rewatch on A.I.

I thought it stank and then I watched it three more times

Cubone
May 26, 2011

they're actually extremely well-controlled boners, but they are ungovernable

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Bloodsport owns

I'm not sure if this post is part of the "fake true stories about white dudes becoming the most important person in secret asia" conversation or the "uncontrollable boners" conversation

Cubone
May 26, 2011

lmfao

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

Does anyone know if the AI art thread in GBS is ironic or not?
what does your heart tell you

Cubone
May 26, 2011

america's cool actually. danny devito, rap music, movies from the 70's, rich evans, mexicans, the three stooges, chicken and waffles, etc.

edit: x-men. the declaration of independence. stone cold steve austin. gremlins 2. huge gay orgies where no two men are the same race. star trek 2 the wrath of khan. this thread's a joke. grow up

Cubone
May 26, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

First bit of Oppenheimer made me want to punch myself in the balls over and over.
did you do it?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

there's no need for name calling

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I was playing Cave Story the other day and I got to the part where you're imprisoned in a really tall room and there's a bunch of robots at the bottom that are like "there's an exit, but you have to climb, and it's really hard" and I was like "whoa, Dark Knight Rises stole this"

then I was thinking of the sick rear end score for the climbing scene that was like DISH DISH POSSUM POSSUM and how that was in the trailer and got people super pumped even though they ended up thinking the movie was stupid

anyway the point is, where is Hans Zimmer? what's he been up to. did he and Nolan have a fight. no I will not google it

Cubone
May 26, 2011

N. Senada posted:

There’s a few good short fiction pieces that are written as wiki articles.
tell me more

edit:

N. Senada posted:

I’ll be damned if I can remember the name of any tho
oh.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Space Kablooey posted:

didnt oppie hang dong?
last thread somebody linked an article from one of the kinja sites that meticulously articulated every single bit of nudity in the entire movie and they said he doesn't

Cubone
May 26, 2011

oh. I've read this before but I don't remember where, but thank you, it's very upsetting

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Kingo Ligma posted:

Was he born in Ireland? Does he have Irish citizenship or residence status? Does he live there?
part of the irish national character is a "special affinity" for the irish diaspora. it's in their constitution

https://gjia.georgetown.edu/2021/02/02/ireland-and-america-a-special-affinity/

you might be thinking of the french
the french will meet a french-speaking child of french parents in a former french colony called French Noveau-Bourgogne Dijon Escargot and be utterly bewildered that this rear end in a top hat thinks he's french

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Sunk Dunk posted:

Did anyone watch the master of horror series on showtime? Any recommendations for good episodes?
Cigarette Burns

Cubone
May 26, 2011

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

There are six commonly expressed nationalities in America. White, Asian, Mexican, African, the first, and Irish. Expressing like this in other nations makes you sound turbo racist
that's not what the word nationality means

Cubone
May 26, 2011

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

We know that you know and why you're still calling Americans Irish
I think you're reading more into my comments than is actually there

I don't even know what argument you're imagining me to be on the other side of

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

(though still derivative of Polanski’s The Ninth Gate starring Johnny Depp :yikeseroo:)
both derivative of The King in Yellow imo

Cubone
May 26, 2011

quote:

Trivia revenge is a dish best served with a side of jerk chicken. Hi, I’m Krebs Gorlon the owner/operator of this YouTube channel (not affiliated with MrBeast) and I’m here today to share with you a video. A lovely video indeed about three stunted men in their 40’s that dress up in Star Trek costumes and play a 30-year-old trivia game. Real men are out there in the cold fixing downed electrical lines, savings lives at hospitals, or providing air traffic control for our nations busiest airports. These men are doing this…. In olden days they would have been called “village idiots” perhaps even court jesters. Morons who shame thyselves for the delight of the King. In the 1800’s they would be circus freaks or even clowns – a shameful profession that does nothing for the betterment of the world other than entertain the regular townsfolk while they slurp down turkey legs coated in meat slime. With every stale laugh, stinky belch-filled chuckle, and gape-mouthed pointed finger, a piece of their soul is taken away. If there was any soul to begin with. Today, morons, clowns, court jesters, and idiots are called “YouTubers”. From dimwits opening up a Walmart “toy haul”, to content thieves reacting to “hair dye fails”, and buffoons playing a board game so you can watch them play it, this generation of artless village idiots have a new bell to ring in the town square. Just a digital one that uploads 9,000,000,000,000 hours of new content every second. I’m afraid to say our dear friends at RLM are no different. For this channel is filled with endless tales told by idiots full of sound and fury and signifying nothing but Star Trek trivia and the occasional movie review. This time Mike is out for revenge. In our last battle, Mike was winning and made a crucial mistake in the final question. This prompted the internet to crown Rich Evans as the king of all TNG trivia. Winning by a simple question doth not make one a king of trivia. Showing relentless and consistent knowledge is how to achieve that. I’m afraid to say Mike has and will continue to do that time and time again with surgeon-like precision. Evans, I hate to say it, is on his last leg mentally. Sure, Mike makes a mistake here and there, but his wit and knowledge remain strong and intact. Not much remains in Evans’ soiled soul. His meat sack body is nothing but a rotting bag of regret. Sure, he remembers some things about TNG, but did he retain anything else? Probably not. He’s seen with his own eyes Star Trek turn into a living nightmare and a joke. Star Trek was once a bastion of hope for lonely nerds in High School. If you liked Star Trek The Next Generation (or Star Trek in general) you were relentlessly mocked. Why? Because the show was thoughtful, proposed interesting ideas, and was scientifically methodical. It was the opposite of cool. It was the opposite of an exciting football game or going to a concert and pushing your friends in a mosh pit. Now, Star Trek is a football game and a mosh pit. It’s made for the dimwits who can’t hold their attention for 5 minutes without a joke or a quip or a stupid comment or something exploding or something dumb happening. No, our last sanctuary, if you will, is cuddling up with that warm blanket of nostalgia with a show that will never happen again. Committing each and every episode and it’s details to memory. To save and preserve a glorious time when life was worth living. So sit back and relax. Pour yourself a frosty beverage and watch as the last of the greatest generation mull over trivia questions read to them by a man who is allergic to barbers. Watch two old friends who met in 1995 and bonded over comic books and Star Trek, things that would get you beat up back then but are now cool, push their memories to the limit in a trivia battle for the soul of our nation. - Krebs Gorlon
it's honestly nice to hear from Krebs again

Cubone
May 26, 2011

the schneider thread in CD is flipping out about this

Cubone
May 26, 2011

lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I will not hear a bad word about the o.g.
topic locked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

I just popped in a movie and saw a credit for a William Baldwin.

It’s like I just keep discovering new baldwins. It never ends.
that's the one from backdraft, he's like the second most famous one