Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

You hosed up dude. Nerds have been waiting in the shadows to pounce and tediously explain why book series X is actually perfect for TV. You best start enjoying warhammer lore discussions, because you're in one

Ohhh no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

LanceHunter posted:

Warhammer could be an intensely awesome show/movie, if they really lean in to how deeply hosed humanity is and the absurdist humor of the whole situation. (Like, have an episode that follows a platoon of Imperial Guard who are hopelessly outmatched by a single chaos demon, but though sheer wit and determination they find a way to kill it. Then, immediately after their victory a backup ship finally arrive, but it's full of Inquisitors who immediately merc all of the survivors.) Like, an ideal Warhammer series would have different main characters each episode, and at the end of that episode they would be dead (or worse).

Unfortunately, 90% of the Warhammer fiction out there takes everything way too goddamned seriously and wants to make the child soldier mutant fascist Space Marines into the actual heroes of the story.

So basically kind of like a Twilight Zone format?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Vakal posted:

You mean Rich isn't Mike's son?
No not this

DLC Inc posted:

all of RLM uses fake emails and proxy accounts, how do you think Mike has kept his secret wife and son hidden so long

You mean besides the shovel and shallow graves?

pop fly to McGillicutty fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 6, 2023

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Lol I quoted the wrong post

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

You mean besides the shovel and shallow graves?

for sale: folding chable, barely used

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Rich is Mike and Jay's guardian angel, but he just keeps helping them hide the bodies. All of his verbal flubs are just him accidentally slipping into his native angelic speech.

It's also why when he laughs, a wave of euphoria washes over you.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

That DICK! posted:

the evidence of him being a toxic gamer bro came from an unsourced rumors blog.

Hey it’s 2023, if that isn’t air tight proof I don’t know what is

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Remember the Halo TV series?

Lol I almost forgot it existed and I actually soldiered through the first three episodes of that train wreck before giving up.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Remember the Halo TV series?

nope

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

DaysBefore posted:

I thought there allegations of Cavill doing pervert stuff to crew or something? Be nice if that didn't turn out to be true

The podcast Deuxmoi included a bunch of obviously fake poo poo about how he was disrespecting women in the witcher production behind the scenes. Never heard of Deuxmoi? It's a gossip blog that runs with everything they get sent. They made a retraction, but that's a lot harder to find than the rumors that are still floating around. I saved this bit from a transcript of it since it was just so laughable.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Henry just had to let everyone know about his pokemons that is not a crime!!!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Taking my absolute best shot at cavill and it's "he was Gamer to me"

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
It was pretty obvious given the timing of his behaviour being leaked that it was the show runners trying to make it seem he was forced off over that, and not because he didn't like them ruining the witcher.

Trying paint him as a violent, misogynist gamer also came across as lies by people hopelessly out of touch with gaming. He likes games so that means he's a toxic gamer bro because all gamers play COD and Madden. When he plays nerd games.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

He is the guy SNL got to replace Alec Baldwin to do unfunny political sketches. Not that that makes it any better.

Unlike Alex Baldwin he is actually a talented impersonator, and was a good poo poo poster well before they hired him

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

now listen here you n00b bitch, this scene you've haxxored? you may think it is l33t but it is epic fail. now alt f4 until you come back with a KD ratio that's poggers - and WHERE'S MY loving GAMER FUEL!

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

That DICK! posted:

now listen here you n00b bitch, this scene you've haxxored? you may think it is l33t but it is epic fail. now alt f4 until you come back with a KD ratio that's poggers - and WHERE'S MY loving GAMER FUEL!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

That DICK! posted:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The poop sock budget for The Witcher quickly became a point of contention between Cavill and the producers

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

That DICK! posted:

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

Gripweed posted:

They fired Henry Cavill from The Witcher because he kept fighting behind the scenes to keep the show faithful to the books, recast the role with an arguably bigger name actor, and this is how they're advertising the new season which they filmed with Cavill before they fired him.

https://twitter.com/witchernetflix/status/1675834157451161600?s=20

Lol the new season came out a week ago. The numbers must be way down for a promo this desperate.

Apparently it's really awful too. Completely confirms what Henry was saying about the writing.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

henry meant Bawls energy drink

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

somehow got tickets to a Cade The Tortured Crossing premiere next month at a Drafthouse. I have no idea what kind of people are going to be at this loving screening lol

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

That DICK! posted:

noice

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
For anyone who wasn't aware, a bunch of people/brands are posting "Follow me on Threads" links today, which is a Twitter clone made by Facebook. That's the context for Jay's tweet. Not sure I follow his logic about using a fake email address or whatever, but I do get the "why would anyone bother signing up for another version of Twitter" thing. It feels more like performative spite for Elon than anything else, which would be fine if Zuckerberg weren't basically just as bad.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

That DICK! posted:

Hall of fame

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think a breen screen premiere would be fun as long as it's not a the room thing where people are yelling their lovely jokes during the movie. Hopefully a drafthouse would not go for that

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

LanceHunter posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? LaBoeuf wasn't in this movie because he's a woman-beating piece of poo poo. It had nothing to do with anything he said about the production of Crystal Skull.

Space Kablooey posted:

Idk for sure but Id believe more that he was dropped because he badmouthed someone rather than Hollywood suddenly growing a consience about this
It's probably a trifecta of (1) badmouthing Spielberg (2) plagiarizing an entire book for his indie movie and (3) being a woman-beating piece of poo poo

ProperCoochie posted:

Shia is good in American Honey. A movie where he plays a disgusting junky scummy idiot. But he's really good in it. Underrated movie
Yeah Shia is actually really good at playing scummy badguys, just not so much heroes

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

Sir Lemming posted:

For anyone who wasn't aware, a bunch of people/brands are posting "Follow me on Threads" links today, which is a Twitter clone made by Facebook. That's the context for Jay's tweet. Not sure I follow his logic about using a fake email address or whatever, but I do get the "why would anyone bother signing up for another version of Twitter" thing. It feels more like performative spite for Elon than anything else, which would be fine if Zuckerberg weren't basically just as bad.

I used a burner phone and email to sign up to twitter when I first joined. But that was my M.O. for most social media. And I was vindicated when it came out the Irish government was monitoring Twitter accounts during the BLM protests and had twitter hand over user data.

I'm sure it's the same everywhere.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think a breen screen premiere would be fun as long as it's not a the room thing where people are yelling their lovely jokes during the movie. Hopefully a drafthouse would not go for that

Drafthouse has started to occasionally have "rowdy" screenings where their very strict no-talking rules are a bit relaxed. But even those are more about people whooping and such rather than some dingus trying to have an open-mic night from their seat.

Also, there's the story about how the Drafthouse's policy first started (from an old Austin Monthly piece about the history of the Drafthouse) -

Tim League posted:

The second month in operation, we had one of those midnight shows that was successful, sold out, for Blue Velvet. And we had a cheap Pabst Blue Ribbon special. And sold a lot of Pabst Blue Ribbon, and … it became mayhem. People were yelling and shouting and telling jokes … It made me sick. So that next week, I bought a copy of Final Cut 1.0, learned how to use it, and then started cutting the “Don’t Talk” PSAs.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Marenghi posted:

Lol the new season came out a week ago. The numbers must be way down for a promo this desperate.

Apparently it's really awful too. Completely confirms what Henry was saying about the writing.

I've been watching it and it's been long enough since the previous seasons that I'm in full-on old man mode asking "who's that? what's happening now? who's that?" but I'm the only one watching so I just think it. I don't really remember why everybody wants Ciri, what the elf factions are up to, what's the deal with that one dumbass king, etc.

Also the biggest reason to watch it is to see Geralt Geralting around the countryside but his role is mostly to stand near Ciri and/or Yennefer for a while before telling them it's time to leave again.

If Netflix actually bothered to shoot a 4th season they have made a huge mistake

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
there's clearly something wrong with henry cavill, he plays custodes

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

LanceHunter posted:

Unfortunately, 90% of the Warhammer fiction out there takes everything way too goddamned seriously and wants to make the child soldier mutant fascist Space Marines into the actual heroes of the story.
that's also the content that 99% of warhammer fans have been consuming for years and they won't accept anything else

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

Pham Nuwen posted:

If Netflix actually bothered to shoot a 4th season they have made a huge mistake

They're supposed to start now but if S3 is doing this bad without Cavill I can see them just not bothering to go ahead. Especially after insulting Helmsworth with this marketing. He can't be too happy about that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

apologize to Liam Hemsworth

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

IronicDongz posted:

that's also the content that 99% of warhammer fans have been consuming for years and they won't accept anything else

I'll disagree, kinda. There's newer book series coming out that are pointedly not giant, all-encompassing battles (crime and horror, specifically). In order to really get those stories, however, you have to know the goofy dumb-dumb poo poo behind it, ehich is the huge, ridiculous lore.

I started reading the books during the pandemic.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

Liam Hemsworth, for the first time in his life, thinking “sorry I can’t be him” :cry:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

now apologize to liam helmsworth

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
Sorry, I just drank a whole bunch of Dan Aykroyd vodka.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao