Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

TIP posted:

glad I didn't post in the fake thread

i got got

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
oh god im already 3 pages behind in the new thread and it's not even noon yet

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Cubone posted:

*looks at watch* they should probably come up with a title for that. I'd want to come up with a title for it soon, me.

Bad 4 Boys 4 Life

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Rageaholic posted:

Why are they releasing Ghostbusters Frozen Empire during a month that won't have freezing temperatures :confused:

It's 2024 there are no more months with freezing temperatures.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Rageaholic posted:

Saw Night Swim earlier and it sucked. Shouldn't a movie about a haunted swimming pool be fun to watch?

I feel like the entire concept of "haunted swimming pool" was covered by the end of It Follows and we really don't need anything else on the subject for awhile.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

PostNouveau posted:

Googling around, it looks like he shut down @midnight himself because he was overworked about a year before this happened, and then yeah, after this he went from doing Ryan Seacrest levels of workaholic poo poo to basically nothing other than hosting some NBC game show.

He also married into the loving Vanderbilt family so he probably lost the urge to work really hard.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

LanceHunter posted:

She’s had to run an absolute gauntlet of lovely junket interviews while doing promotion for this movie. Every halfwit entertainment reporter who sat down with her was either trying to trick her into saying something bad about the movie (which she’s contractually forbidden from doing) or trying to subtly dunk on her and thinking she didn’t notice. So good for her getting to show up and look amazing and remind everyone that no matter how bad the movie is, she got paid millions for it.

I liked when she was on Seth Meyers (I think) and said how it sucked being a guest star on the finale of The Office and it took forever and people were kinda lovely. It reinforced my vibe that The Office was a lovely unfun set to be on.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Sunk Dunk posted:

has anyone seen this movie

disgraceful

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

priznat posted:

He hosed the otter’s wife not a lot of exposition required there!!

Han shot first.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Castor Poe posted:

Girls and gays, Madame Web needs you.

https://twitter.com/celestialdevils/status/1757999789827137958?t=8_tRKRAnCrWAD2KJDZ3nqg&s=19

Imagine wanting a sequel for Madame Web lol.

if i made a movie i'd have everyone be cool and have powers in the first movie

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

the first jurassic park movie should have been about them making their connecting flights to get to the island and ended when they started to open the big jurassic park gate

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Presto posted:

I guess I am the one person on this earth in a 3rd category: those who have never seen Cobra and have no idea what this scissors thing is about.

there are billions of us! billions!!!!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Hackers film 1995 posted:

look, i was silent the first time you mentioned this but now its time to get irrationally angry again at this 38 yr old movie.

At first I thought you were saying Primer was 38 years old and I almost fainted

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

No Mods No Masters posted:

I feel like the failing new york times is about 20 years behind on this one

"They're called 'B movies' and 'B movie parties' are cropping up both in real life and on the internet. Participants purposely watch bad movies, sometimes providing their own commentary which can come in the form of jokes or even criticism of the movie as it plays. However amateurs aren't the only ones obsessed with this new tread. It's also big business on streaming platforms where certain popular channels can reach millions of views per video with would-be movie critics screaming 'AAAAAIIIIIIDDDDDDS! into their internet camera'."

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Light Gun Man posted:

did starship troopers outright state the humans caused the 9/11 inciting incident on purpose to fuel a war or only imply that? maybe that would make it clearer for people, dunno.

I don't think the implication was it was a false flag, but more like the actual 9/11 where it was the bugs retaliating for hosed up poo poo the humans had done. I think they had destroyed a bug planet before the attack. I kinda remember it being implied but not really stated.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

First of May posted:

I believe the book makes it clear that it was a false flag by the humans to solidify support for the war.

lol awesome.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Barudak posted:

They communicate via Neil Patrick Harris telling us their feelings.

Just like Ted Mosby.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Nigmaetcetera posted:

It's my understanding that early in Star Wars' conception Lucas was seriously considering casting all Asian actors.

Wasn't Luke going to be a 700 year old robot prostitute or something?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Mozi posted:

"The film introduced a trio of supporting characters (played by Isabela Merced, Celeste O’Connor and Sydney Sweeney — now one of the top stars her age). It set up a future in which the three could have become a team of Spider-Women under the guiding eye of Johnson’s Cassie Webb. Now that’s not going to happen."

gently caress!!!

edit:

"Sony is willing to take some risk but also wants home runs — that’s good. And if [Sony’s upcoming Spider-Man Universe title] Kraven is a gigantic hit, the narrative could be completely different. So it’s too early to know the outcome.”"

there is hope!!

#cravinKraven

"We're betting it all on Kraven! The kids are going to love this new superhero, or villain, or group, or whatever a Kraven is!"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Jarvisi posted:

This is amazing. Women aren't ready for our serious grounded movie. Thank you studio execs for your wisdom

The director hasn't directed anything except 1 or 2 episodes of various tv shows for the past 20 years and directed the entire miniseries Anatomy of a Scandal. The only thing she wrote before co-writing this was a series she created in the UK called Mistresses that ended 8 years ago...

Not that movie is entirely the writer/director's fault, but...

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

hmmm, who could have assigned that director to the film?
(church lady voice) could it be.... SONY!?

Yeah, I'm not sure it was wise!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

priznat posted:

It’s funny how there are several sequels to blockbusters in the 80s that were perhaps regarded as meh at the time but people have grown to appreciate more. Like Robocop 2 and Ghostbusters 2 as well, they tried to be proper sequels and not just endless callbacks and which probably helped. Ghostbusters 2 is probably more controversial but I like it, a lot more now than when it came out anyway.

Jimmy Cameras sequels are the exception with both Aliens and Terminator 2 being instantly more successful than the first movies.

I've probably seen Robocop 2 three or four times in my life and I can't remember a single thing about it. I recall Lewis being barricaded in a church with a bunch of people but I'm pretty sure that's Robocop 3 which is when I believed a Robocop could fly.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

priznat posted:

It has some excellent stuff in it, especially the failed attempts at making another robocop.

The scientist guy wincing and holding his arm when he gets shot in the video replay they're watching always makes me laugh.

It's not as good as Predator 2 but it's pretty decent! Tom Noonan always is fun.

Maybe I'll wattch it again and see if my brain can retain memories of it this time.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

George H.W. oval office posted:

Vice Principals too while you’re at it. Him and Danny McBride have great chemistry together

Goggins' performance in Vice Principals is something special. I don't think I've ever seen a character played so deranged. That dude was a menace.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Red Letter Media 2024: It's got a gimp man with glowsticks in his head, a couple Jim Hensons, a slut, and a pop culture man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

mysterious frankie posted:

I’ve been rewatching Curb Your Enthusiasm and finally caught up to the final season last night. Is he seriously ending the show with a more convoluted, season long version of the Seinfeld finale?

Big lol if so.

I just finished the final season after binging the whole thing series and that was my exact thought when I started watching the last season.