Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i forgot game club was eastern time :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

you should upgrade your pcsx2 man

I don’t think it would have helped

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mbt posted:

Raidou locked and loaded on the steam deck.

If you've played 1, 2 is better. Every chapter is like a new poirot mystery but hastings is a cat and the villain is always a demon.

spoilers much?????

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

God Hand This Man A Better Clock :D

-_-

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
yes pick chulip

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
the only game more esoteric than la mulana

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

Game 3-8

McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure (Genesis) - 1993 - Deadline 2/21/24 11:59EST

Ronald McDonald finds an old map and decides to take on the adventure. But he's only got one piece. A trio of villains are holding the other pieces. And just waiting for Ronald to show up! - Ronald tosses sparkling Magic to win against the Baddies. A special Scarf helps him swing on hooks and climb to higher ledges. Mounds of exciting rounds! Ronald tangles with the Baddies who drop gold and power-ups! Two games in one! Collect enough gold and play a matching game to win balloons, gems and goodies!

Treasure Land Adventure was developed by Treasure, who were commissioned to design a McDonald's game after the company was deemed too unknown to receive a publishing contract to develop Genesis games. Treasure agreed to pay their dues with this game so that they could finish development of Gunstar Heroes simultaneously.

a completely accurate depiction of Sega kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxP69Yfdbyw

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

: Have 7 jewels and 3 magic power
: Steal the train engineer's hat
: Beat the game on Normal
: Find a Block Game door in each world
: Beat the game on Expert (PLATINUM)

:siren:Game starts 2/15/24 12AM EST:siren:

Thanks to oddium for the game and trophy picks, and good luck imps!

Ugh

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

Tim Rogers ranked this as the sixth best Treasure game, right after Radiant Silvergun. I'll try it at least

Treasure made nothing but slop. :cheers:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Stux posted:

im goinf to kill you

Seethe

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

symbolic posted:

we've done it, we've actually become Rat Frenzy

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

American McGay posted:

Evil Eagle: “I’m going to do a 6 hour midnight marathon of Dragon Quest and unlock every available trophy within mere minutes of the gaming window opening.”

The nastiest of insane freaks who just started posting in the IZGC thread one day: “Hold our fountain Hi-Cs”

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i'm ice assing anyone who gets a trophy for this freakshow

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
why is this happening

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Namtab posted:

I hate this

you knew the rules

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

: Have 7 jewels and 3 magic power

bro....

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

absolutely deserved

Lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
All the thrills of looking at a keyboard, now on screen!

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
they're off. and running.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

why the stealthy larryist propaganda from these two?

WHat are they hiding...?

wow

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

I'm not saying foomin and pleb have an alarming fascination with picking games with tiny characters. and certainly not implying they somehow get off perversely and sexually on making imps unwitting dancers in their sick waltz

as ik i'm taking this very seriously

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

Announcing in advance that my next pick is Doshin the Giant

Then I’ll pick Tail of the Sun

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pragmatica posted:

drat quote is not edit... long time since i have done that lmao

know that i tried to sixer you for this

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i would never undermine you like this

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

Game

Illusion of Gaia (SNES) - 1993 - Deadline 3/20/24 11:59EST

Radiating an ominous light in its path, the Chaos Comet threatens the existence of the planet. In the Age of Exploration, a boy named Will is born. Armed with his transformation abilities of two great warriors, Will must save the planet.

Illusion of Gaia (aka Illusion of Time), is an SNES action RPG developed by Quintet and released in Japan by Enix in 1993, and in NA/PAL territories by Nintendo in 1994-95. Set in a fantasy reimagining of Earth, the game's plot centers on a boy named Will who is chosen to save the world from an impending disaster. During the course of the game, the player guides Will through levels based on ancient ruins of real-world civilizations and Wonders of the World, such as the Great Pyramid and the Great Wall of China.

Soundtrack by Yasuhiro Kawasaki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KelnHjOateU

Link to the game manual (which is actually a strategy guide lol):

Trophies:

: Acquire 2 Mystic Statues
: Beat the game
: Collect all 50 red jewels
: Defeat Solid Arm (PLATINUM)
: Defeat the vampire twins as Will (PLATINUM)

:siren:Game starts 3/7/24 12AM EST:siren:

Thanks to symbolic for the game & trophy picks, and good luck imps!

now we're talkin

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
also, lol.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
my next pick is one of the best games of all time

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i almost did

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

P-Mack posted:

Warrior Within expands on the Sands of Time gameplay very slightly, in exchange for introducing impossibly bad vibes.

Every 3d Prince of Persia has a gigantic flaw of some sort but sands of time probably comes out the most unscathed. Sands acts like a successor to the original with the amount of detail in the princes’ animations, they might be the most complex on the ps2.

Sands biggest problem is the tedious combat which is used to stretch out time between puzzle/platforming challenges. There’s even some mechanical depth, the dagger powers are cool but not as effective as acrobatic moves and enemies have no problem hanging up on you.

The best advice I can give when people get tired of the combat is that the acrobatic sword attacks will knock down any enemy in one hit, but you have to use the right one rps style.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I couldn't take it seriously even when I was 12 but I liked the gameplay (other than stupid poo poo like the chariot racing minigame) and vibe of Two Thrones. I think I remember people saying it was a good middle ground between the two, but in retrospect I'm not sure "this game is the middle ground between a good one and a bad one" is a great selling point

It’s pretty good, I feel like it’s lacking the magic the narrative and platforming have in sands and the combat is barely an upgrade. I don’t think combat is what makes PoP a great series but at the time you had to have it in a mainstream game even though 3d action combat was still pretty rough outside of like dmc

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

I cannot imagine the kind of decision making that led to Warrior Within.

Listening to korn one time

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
it's a game that I Think People Should Play because it's the first parkour game and it instantly became part of the fabric of game design. it's mechanics are similarly influential on gaming trends as things like halo, modern warfare, re1, re4 but due to the series' tendancy to have deeply flawed aspects in their game design and management from ubisoft it falls far short of other games in terms of cultural impact.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

welcome posted:

The combat isn't even that bad in PoPSoT, it's definitely no DMC or Ninja Gaiden but it's perfectly fine with some cool stuff you can do. The problem is every encounter has far, far too many enemies, and eating poo poo on enemy #49/50 means starting over at enemy #1 and if you're really lucky rewatching a cutscene while you're at it. I still love it so much that I've bought every 3D Prince since and made it maybe an hour in all of them combined lol.

i agree, i'm only so hard on the combat because i've played it close to 10 times, many of which was in one setting. the flow of platforming and puzzles is so crisp and having to chug through two dozen enemies one at a time is incongruous with the game's strengths.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mbt posted:

not a roguelike, deserves even harsher punishment

remember when this place had an ik that would take care of this kind of thing?

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

French Accent posted:

: Get the Dagger of Time

contender for quickest trophy to get

you earned it

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Aston posted:

These trophies are really getting soft

: Turn the game on

gently caress you.