Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Like a Dragon: Ishin!
  • The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition
  • Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Persona 3 Reload
  • Call of Juarez Gunslinger
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV
  • Tales of Arise

3.5/5. With 0.5 added for nostalgia value. This is essentially a ps2 action rpg from 2002, for all of the positive and negatives. Mid as gently caress but in a way that's still weirdly good, like a slim jim. The story was decent enough, if not a little overloaded in the final few hours. The characters were shockingly good. I liked everyone in the cast aside from the main 2 characters since they were a little too generic for me. The gameplay was fine, kinda chaotic and tough to tell what is an enemy cast or a friendly one.. nothing to write home about

The thing that stood out to me were the settings. Some really neat areas to run around in, kinda reminded me of DQ in that way. I can't really recommend this game to anyone unless you also grew up playing 3/5 ps2 rpgs, but if you did you'll enjoy at least something this game has to offer

Daikatana Ritsu fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

I'll try to keep track this year since i made the first page this time.

RIP

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

PM me, 100 dollars

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Stupid bitch.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Bob: Every game he plays is the only good game of that genre.

Mamkute: Loves every game of every genre.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol. The Goofus and Gallant of imp zone

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

bloodstained ftw

this

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Like a Dragon: Ishin! - 4/5. Very enjoyable side game that feels like everyone in the Yakuzaverse came together to put on a play for U. If you're like me and playing thru the series from 0, this will absolutely hit.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Best bethesda style game i've ever played. Nothing too deep here, but you can break the entire game w/stats & builds & poo poo, and it's always satisfying in some way

Oh there's a Badass Mutha Skag Queen outside of town? You mean the one I beat to death with my bare hands??

4/5

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Roth posted:

1. Tetris Effect Connected
2. Alan Wake 2
3. Mega Man
4. Mega Man 2
5. Crash Bandicoot
6. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
7. Crash Bandicoot: Warped
8. Crash 4: It's About Time
9. Super Mario Bros Wonder
10. Super Mario RPG
11. Donkey Kong Country
12. Ib

Girlfriend wanted to watch me play this.. It was interesting as a small little horror game.

what kind of newgrounds rear end poo poo is that game lmfao dude:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just wrapped up Britney Spears vs. Cartman.swf - Decent little fighter. Not even close to a BLAM, hovering around a 4/5.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fred Beans, the only name worse than Wade Fulp.

Smart, actually.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Roth posted:

Newgrounds sums it up pretty well I had literally never heard of it before she suggested it.

That's chill. We all do some dumb poo poo for our partners, like rooting for the Eagles.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

w/TB12's Authentic Auto-Gains Muscle System Nutrients flowing thru my body: No, they can still come back from 6 - 42.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mycophobia posted:

i hate the fuckin eagles man

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://tb12sports.com/

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdXrkUPcWro&t=12s

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Best ever.

It's the best movie ever made

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Punished Chuck posted:

Like a Dragon: Gaiden.

Fully sick game, it's crazy that this whole game was basically made just to make Kiryu's appearance in Gaiden feel like less of an rear end-pull and yet they put in a full-fledged story in probably 10 hours or less if you rush it that can stand up to most others in the series. The combat feels maybe the best it's ever been, I wasn't super crazy about Agent style even though it did have some fun toys to mess around with but Yakuza style feels just as good as any in the series but also a little slicker with some more options available to you. Lots of great story moments capped with an extremely sick final boss and a deeply heavy emotional beat. I was worried about the series without Nagoshi but I think it's safe to say that the team still has it.

I was planning on platting this and would have if I got it wrapped up before Infinite Wealth, but now that Infinite Wealth is already out I think I'll shelve that for now and come back to it either after IW or if I start missing the brawler style during it.

Agreed w/everything here. I even thought about platting it before I saw it involves mahjong & shogi. No thank you

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Actually I take that back - Agent style rules. Upgrade Spider & Serpent Gadget to make every fight a joke. Hella fun

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Bob just traded in 9 PS4 games for 1 PS3 game. He's actually doing his part rn tbh.

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vwUTl7fS0Q&t=8s

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

EO ftw. If you like that style of game check out Persona Q. Not as good as EO but the first Q game was quite dank

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

personally i thought it to be Mid, wasnt into the dungeons and the gameplay just kind of felt like a weak persona and weak etrian mushed together, but i wouldnt say to outright avoid it or anything

Yeah it felt kinda half baked but good enough for a playthru. I actually really liked the character interactions and it was pretty funny in spots too. Plus you can make Aigis an unkillable tank which is Lore accurate

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I got the tude now posted:

Say that to my face, you old rear end bitch

This guy was banned from Forged in Fire

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Just in time for pocket card jockey.

I saw that on switch today. Is it a new game or just a port?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Super Mario RPG

Finally got around to wrapping this up, pretty great remaster/port whatever you want to call it. Adds just enough new mechanics while still feeling like the old game so it's perfect for everyone. I'm also glad I won't have to lug out my SNES to replay this whenever the urge arises, tho I will probably still do that anyway. 5/5

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Beat Balatro with 1 deck.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

Bro have you actually played any of these games

Tetris. Some kind of puzzle roguelike?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Kiryu thinking:

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

bad news, nioh 2 also drags on forever and gives mobs way too much health and damage. also 90% of the 80hr campaign takes place in the same Burning Village map and its nauseating 👍

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOxutBMCOUc

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Super Mario RPG
  • Persona 3 Reload

5/5. I didn't know if I wanted this remake but I absolutely did. Nothing else much to say. Finished at 88% compendium which is probably my highest percentage in a fresh run

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Lmfao making one of those Day In the Life tiktoks where I reveal I'm a beautiful 20something college grad on a Silicon Valley startup tech campus surrounded by equally beautiful 20somethinf women all making doom.levels 14 hours a day.

Yeah, it's funny how this will never happen, dude. That's real loving funny.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

power rangers theme blasting from my room

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Disabled Gamers stay winning.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATVZiCp-KVA

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

insane anime posted:

1) Who crop dusted Uncle Marcus's girlfriend?

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

is the combat improved?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I didn't like the combat in 7 but it grew on me once I found the OP skills and encounters didn't feel like borderlands bullet sponges, so any minor improvement on that is A+ in my book. I fully expect boss fights to feel the same but that's not a huge deal. Looking forward to playing it in 5 years

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mycophobia posted:

1. Arcade Archives: Mystic Warriors (Nintendo Switch, Spyros 1CC, 646k points)
2. Sega Tetris (1998, Dreamcast, 1CC)

didnt survive the ending but w/e im counting it

noob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

So am I when I face an insurmountable challange. Guess I'm build diffy.