Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Infinite Wealth is fast approaching.

Imma cry

Finally got into crypto?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Heard people say that a lot. The aesthetic and the choice of heroes has always convinced me to stay away.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Atoramos posted:

I beat Witcher 3 with my wife in 2023 and while the story and quests hold up fine, the combat did not. I would love for someone to mod better combat into that thing

I've been saying it for years. The story is generally good in W3, although it has it's weak points. But the combat has always been busy work as is the detective vision quests. W2 is luckily much better in both areas.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

My friend Todd would never resort to coarse bribery to influence a result. Some people just can't accept Todd's brilliance in creating the year's most innovative game in Starfield™ and try to tear down great men with their baseless and unfounded accusations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Neo Kobe pizza is legit good. People should try it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Which soup would you recommend?

From my experience Chicken Noodle and Tortilla are both good.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's fun watching early Linklater and seeing Mr.Jones show up, man is in like all them early ones.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Check out the uncharted waters series. Hugely underrated

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It makes me so sad we got one good new XCOM, one bad new XCOM, and then a weird spinoff. When we could have had Terror from the Deep 2.

Anyone ever play Xenonauts 2 EA? Liked the first one aside from the air combat.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

2 was bad. Procgen levels and messing up class balance. No dlc can fix that

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

You can tell who overwatch crept in XCOM 1 based on their thoughts on 2

Chimera Squad was a fun little experiment and it was nice to get it for 10 bucks at the start of lockdown

The Bureau is a middling Mass Effect but I enjoyed it

They already fixed OW creeping with Enemy Within. And it wasn't broken as hell like the concealment feature was.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dragon Age Origins is one of the few games where the term Grimdark actually applies well. They're trying to tell a "serious" story so hard that they fall into every amateur fantasy trap the entire Darkspawn and Grey Warden ecosystem is idiotic in the extreme and the Mages and templars, Jesus.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I just feel bad for Rocksteady.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Superman could gently caress up the Suicide Squad so bad.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Is resident evil a good franchise ?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Arrrthritis posted:

Unless you really love the series you're pretty okay to skip every third game in the main franchise, IMO.

Shame that RE9 is going to end up being trash, but that's the law of pattern recognition.

CV is way worse than 3 though.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Had to go in to work today after being on vacation last week, a vacation that entirely consisted of being ill. Then had to go visit the Waltons twice, once for new shoes after which being bought I discovered that my modem had broken which meant I had to drive right back out to get another overpriced modem from the only place in town selling one. Then had to spend an hour on the phone with the Internet lady getting it set up because she'd never dealt with someone who bought their modem instead of renting it from the company. Pretty bad day one could say, but upon getting everything working I realized my games were downloading lightning quick, turns out my 11 year old modem had been holding back my speeds for years.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

GlyphGryph posted:

The only good game with a bunch of different currencies is DRG and it's not even any good in that game.

Fallout New Vegas?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Roman dodecahedrons are very real

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I was convinced it was a remake of the first game for months

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Inflation was invented by eggheads and pencil pushers to steal half my paycheck.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Incredible that REØ has two of the most annoying enemies in gaming history when the rest of the franchise has none.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Is that the game with a condensed version of the entire US

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

You kiddin? GodIsAGeek is just PoP dot com now

Prince looks like Nacho

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Compound is a lot of fun

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Give me another Napoleon Total War you cowards

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They were both bad. Franchise needs to die.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I honestly consider it an accomplishment they found someone more aggravating than LeBeouf for the Indy replacement slot.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

He's dating Mia Goth
Oh poo poo they're married

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I miss fantasy novels having poorly drawn scenes from the novels, or random scenes entirely invented by the illustrator out of lack of interest. There's a lot of either Ai art or just fancy design work now that makes everything look the same.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Vermain posted:

my pet favorite is the style of cover like the old discworld novels with kirby's art where the goal seems to be "how much poo poo can i cram into this postcard-size drawing"

I feel better about that kind of art now that we've seen what minimalism has done to cover art. It does make it feel like a CYOA book though.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I hope the inventory system is better

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

How can people possibly be mad at such a dumb concept that's going to be a dead game in a month.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RE VIII is actually hard?!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Battle Hunters

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I have no idea what most PC options do and just flip things on and off at random

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yen? Sounds like you made a wrong move somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Spiderman is more popular than Batman and Superman combined, it can weather any storm.