Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

From last year's thread.

Holy poo poo that's terrifying.

Stay safe, Japan, gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Wombot posted:

Eta: and the stupid loving API changes mean legit accounts are getting rate limited https://bsky.app/profile/xunlingau.bsky.social/post/3khvwr565gm2b

Goddrat Elon Musk can go gently caress himself with a rusty pipe.

goatsestretchgoals posted:

If Portland OR took that shaking I guarantee more poo poo would have fallen/broke. Please continue being good at responding to earthquakes and tsunamis my Japanese friends.

I'm envious of that country's ability to set and execute standards, across the board.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Really, why would someone not just take their pants off? The answer is creepy, isn't it?

It's so you can flash your penis at women in public, and jam it back in if any witnesses/police arrive, so, yeah, they're sexual assault pants.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

That's the problem, Donny got told "EMALS" and thought they said "her emails"

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

She's speaking the actual, plain truth and not wrapping it up in pretty decorumy congressional nonsense, it's good to hear.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Crab Dad posted:

People sit in cars. Heck sometimes they leave pets and children in them when they run inside to get something.

That cop car certainly had a cop in it.

A very angry cop by the looks of it, after he got Bobcatted.

Either way, everyone seems to be alive, hopefully insurance will take care of the property damage, Bobcat guy got to have some fun, and everything's OK.

E: here's an actual article Bobcat Boy injured at least one person in an occupied vehicle he attacked.

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jan 15, 2024

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Stravag posted:

Thankfully, liqour stores never have people in them, only alcoholics.

:chloe:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Arcella posted:

The only way to stop a bad guy in a Bobcat is a good guy in a Bobcat.

The good guy needs a bigger cat.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

The Blue Ridge looks way more modern than the age suggests, I think it's that super sleek superstructure.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

We've been dealing with the coldest temperatures our region's seen in 70 odd years, our local utility asked people to turn their thermostats down a bit, and the chuds are losing their minds at the prospect of having to put a sweater on. Our local Sinclair owned fuckstick media has been eagerly egging them on, blaming it on our State's tiny proportion of wind power. It's really frustrating.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I can't think of another VP, going back to Gore, with less of a voice or media presence either, which is weird since she's not a terrible public speaker.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Mustang posted:

I already knew that, and Microsoft has put it to better use. And Edge isn't as much of a resource hog as Chrome.

Click of one button in Edge and it imported all my bookmarks and extensions from Chrome.

Bing is also better than Google as a search engine now, which is not an endorsement of either product.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Quackles posted:

Why are there so many small wars popping up right now??

Cold War II, Electric Boogaloo

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

We had a base CO fired because he went cruising in his dress blues, tried to pick up a cop on a sting, ignored her "oh, I'm not working right now" poo poo trying to give him an exit, and got pushy with her until she went "okay fucker" and had him hauled in.

Or the sub CO who was bringing prostitutes back to his stateroom.

Some officers are Enlisted As gently caress at heart, in a bad way, with the false sense of invulnerability being a high ranking O gives you.

And they still face forced retirement as their worst "consequence".

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

stackofflapjacks posted:

In the spirit of the current airplane shenanigans:
I was (attempting) to drive down Auburn Way in WA and got diverted by a cop, went to go around a side street to another roadblock and found this plane crashed into the sidewalk

Can't park there mate.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Vladimir trying to reprise the Battle of Tsushima on his playlist of Imperial Russia's greatest hits.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I was lucky enough not to be in a combat arm, I gained a valuable skill set that has vast and lucrative opportunities in the real world, and my best and closest friends are all people I served with.

That said, gently caress being a literal second class citizen for the MIC, and gently caress even more being one of the dudes I work with struggling with PTSD and TBIs from combat. Wouldn't recommend enlisting to my worst enemy.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Midjack posted:

In addition to weird butt stuff Vince looks like poo poo. The too-dark hair dye and embarrassing mustache aren't doing him any favors either.

He's in that uncanny valley region that happens when the plastic surgery stops working right.

RE: nitrogen asphyxiation: it'd be my choice, if I were in death row and had a choice between it and the various other methods used throughout US history. Unless I was feeling froggy, then it'd be firing squad. I "got" to do an impromptu rescue for someone who was rendered unconscious by N2 asphyxiation, he had nothing bad to report besides "whoa, what happened?"

Either way, the death penalty poo poo is nothing but a stupid resource drain, and is completely morally indefensible in light of the many people who have just been straight up murdered by the state.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

ded posted:

i was coughing directly in my docs face with an obvious cold and poo poo in my lungs and was given motrin with no option for anything else. navy medicine is the best!

My first doc would laugh at you and tell you to get the gently caress back to work if you were sick, last doc would say "I only get the good poo poo" and give you enough pseudoephedrine to start a meth lab in nucleonics. Docs are a land of contrasts.

Kesper North posted:

i knew a guy in college who ordered a kilogram of pharmaceutical grade, powder-form DXM from a chemical supply company and proceeded to, uh, use it all in the course of a year. At one point he disappeared for two weeks and we thought he was dead, but then he turned up at brunch one day and said he thought he'd taken a greyhound to berkley and back based on the tickets he found in his backpack, but couldn't actually remember any of it. Once he went through that claimed it cured his schizophrenia. Quit doing drugs, went straightedge and became an aerospace engineer.

Come to think of it, he might be working at Boeing now :laffo:

I got a call at 3AM one time, friend of mine was sobbing so hard he could barely speak, telling me his GF was dead, begging me to pick him up from downtown.

I could clearly hear his girlfriend screaming "I'M FINE!" in the background, so it was pretty funny. Put me off ever using DXM for off-label reasons though.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Lmao at Musk, what a loving piss baby, I hope between this and the "gimme 25%" bullshit the board finally tosses him.

E: loving twitter poll "should I move my corporate headquarters" give me a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I always love when someone puts the FBI, BLM movement, "woke", every single gay person, ICE, and the IRS (???) Into the same conspiracy, it's such a good litmus test for if someone's to loving insane to even bother talking to.

Sucks for the dude's dad though, that's rough.