Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Huh, I was able to see it. Here it is :nms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Hasn’t it always been this way? At least for a lot of manufacturing, the average level of material quality, tolerances, etc are way better than at any point in the past. But a combination of unintentional over engineering and survivorship bias from older stuff makes people think the opposite is going on.

I thought that consumer goods were the area where that was really the issue.

I had a lovely (not really that lovely) argument with a guy I know once who works as a commercial buyer, where he took the position that planned obsolescence is a good thing, actually.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

No, it's true. Bell Telephone held a vertical monopoly in the United States.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I checked on the uBlock Origin subreddit. The uBO maintainers say this was caused by a bug in AdBlock (the extension), and uBlock Origin wasn't affected.

Victory?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Why are there so many small wars popping up right now??

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

lightpole posted:

Rent control and affordable housing are terrible ways to deal with this. It just means people do everything they can to stay where they are and won't move across the bay for work because losing that perfect landlord or rent controlled place and jumping up to market rate is so extreme.

That just means that you need rent control across the bay, too.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I got all four of my wisdom teeth out at once.

I got prescribed Tylenol 3 with coedine.

It didn't help that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

bad_fmr posted:

She drove on the right side of the road.

Ah, but the right side was the wrong side.