Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I had my kids early and late.

I never sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Caro got fat.

And I’m assuming did not get mental health care.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Got a paxlovid script. Hoping the kids dodge this. They’re gonna eat so much DoorDash

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Freaquency posted:

Just got back from our Christmas road trip. Some real sicko stats here:

Really annoyed that I was off from an even 4400 by .1 of a mile, and that a light rail train blocked me and kept me from an even 70 hours :mad:

70 hours? In a car?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Day 4 of Covid here. Still just the wife and I. All the kids are still clean. I hope it stays that way.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

swickles posted:

Does anyone know like a discord or something that can help me with an excel issue? I have two spreadsheets with a shitton of UPC's in columns. I need to find ones that exist in both spread sheets, and then export the price in a different column from one spreadsheet to the other one.

VLOOKUP from one sheet to another for the same value. Next column over evaluate if the two cells match A1=B1, column after that you can do an if for TRUE/FALSE and then key in another vlookup in the next column to get the price.

I'm sure there's a nicer way and yes you can nest this, but if you're new enough to excel to ask then you probably don't need the confusion of nesting if statements.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My friend keeps trying to get me to buy tickets to the playoff game this weekend and I cannot think of new ways to say “absofuckinglutely not”.

1 degree rear end game. gently caress you, I’m gonna be home with a fire.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Forrest on Fire posted:

I'm embarrassed for my local infrastructure that 4 inches of snow and only 20mph winds are knocking out power. This is the Midwest why is this enough?!

On the bright side I got to take today off work. Just gonna sit under blankets and sip tea :)

What state? I can tell you all the embarrassing claims your utility has made at conferences about reliability.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My company recalled all remote employees to hybrid roles for two days a week in the office in August. They’re increasing it to three days in April.

I applied for 11 roles today. gently caress that.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I like RG3s assumption that we will all also die in our 50s-60s as most dumpster fuckers do

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Bloody Mary’s in Wisconsin are serious loving business

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Hey car knowers, my truck hit a curb today skidding on ice. Broke the wheel and knocked it out of alignment. Screwed up the stabilitrak, although I’m assuming that’s because the alignment is off. It’s going to the shop for an estimate anyway. I think the frame may have had a bolt hole expanded? Does anyone know what I’m looking at while I wait a week for the estimate?

Good side then bad side shown.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Fifty Three posted:

am I extremely dumb/blind or do you have the pictures in reverse order?

Yeah they’re reversed. I’m bad at phone posting.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I had a steak and eggs breakfast burrito from a hole in the wall Mexican joint with a drive thru this morning. It ruled.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I just started the first episode of 30 Rock again and it still rules.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I was rooting for the lions

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I haven’t heard my phone make a notification sound or ring since like 2009. Hearing a cell phone ring or make a notification ding just alerts me there is an old person in the room.

E:lol I got a new avatar I guess

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

yo someone call me and listen to my ring back tone, it’s the newest nickelback

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Alaois posted:

i see, so you're all apple watch freaks...

I was going to write a lengthy reply but my watch has informed me it’s time to stand instead.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My wife would like me to load the dishwasher but does not like how I load the dishwasher. So we compromise and make the kids do it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I hope you're sharing those sodas.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

Ok I’ll bite: who’s ehud

not much man what’s ehud with you

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Qwijib0 posted:

A series of close photo crops that appear to be a cocaine-fueled BDSM party aftermath but are just granddad's shop.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

So uh anyone want some dirt?

https://x.com/formerlyfiz/status/1760444900753932597?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

On the bright side I bought a pallet of those stones. I still have to wall off another terrace, but I might as well terrace other things just to give me somewhere to put the dirt.

I have a pile of those bricks in my side yard still that my wife won’t let me throw away because we might use them.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

company meeting is talking about using generative ai

I want to die.

I managed to avoid all the vendor presentations, but they've found my area and I'm now back to be involved in planning our Generative AI strategy for the foreseeable future.

I.. don't see much use currently that anyone in critical infrastructure would trust implementing.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

I work in medical software. This suit is acting like we can use it to write patient summaries.

No you loving can't.

Just show them how ChatGPT is currently acting.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Tulalip Tulips posted:

AHHHHH what sacrifice do I need to make to convince people that discovery on cases should be done every 6 months at the bare minimum? Going almost 18 months without it is unacceptable and yet that's what court related issue I gotta crisis manage because oops trial is coming up and nothing's been done. I'd rather deal with getting a last minute rare for our area language interpreter again. Thankfully it's a work from home day for me today and I can get on my excercise bike to get out my anger/anxiety energy.

As someone who has navigated a shitload of family court recently, I’m glad you’re out here doing this and I wish I’d had insight like this a year ago.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Thaddius the Large posted:

lol, we got mandated to do rolling discovery so now our office staff just keep active shared directories where they send out everything once a month or so, no effort on my part so I can’t complain. Though we’re also supposed to discover all text messages, but the only way to do that is to screenshot, email them to myself, then transfer them to the right directory, and, like, my entire caseload is teenagers, I send dozens if not hundreds of messages per day, so that’s one area where I’ve not been in compliance for years

You could probably get a program to automate the export of all conversations and then use an AI program transcribe them.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Aren’t huskies pretty known for being attached to only one person?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Wife is on short term disability instead of working for 6-12 weeks with long covid poo poo and of course the loving company hired to deal with disability claims for her work is denying based on a clerical error and making her refile everything.

No no, don’t let the person who is sick and needs time to rest and recuperate do that, make them chase their doctor to redo all of the paperwork entirely because one loving field wasn’t filled out.

Wife is too nice for this poo poo. I’d already be wrist deep in an HR managers rear end in a top hat if it was me.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

No! Butt Stuff?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

You probably know this, but the primary function of medical insurance companies is to deny claims, for any possible reason or no reason at all. Some percentage are never appealed, so that is a profitable strategy, even though handling appeals is a cost. Generating profit is the reason the insurance company exists, so, denying claims is therefore central to the business model.

And, no, you wouldn't be deep in any HR manager's rear end in a top hat, because this happens 1000 times a day every day at every hospital in the country. Every doctors office, everyone who has to bill a medical insurance company, has to have full-time staff dedicated to filing claims appeals. They have met you and everyone else like you who is furious about it before, they've had to deal with that, they have arms-lengths policies and so on, because of course everyone's loving furious about it. And the reason some field wasn't filled out right is because the insurance companies intentionally make it as confusing and difficult and obtuse as possible to file: it's all tricks, to try to get you to gently caress up.

When you start yelling or getting pissed or especially making any kind of threats, even empty ones, you don't get results: you get stonewalled. The only chance you have of eventually getting your poo poo paid for is by being incredibly kind, patient, and easy to work with with 100% of everyone you talk to, without exception.

You misunderstand. You get wrist deep in the HR managers rear end in a top hat at your company.

You can try being all nice and sunshine and butterflies to the powerful dipshits trying to deny claims, or you can go to the person who manages the program and ask why it would be acceptable for a contracted entity to behave this way.

You are right though, I generally give HR a chance to make things right before I get testy, but I 100% will and have gotten upper levels of management involved in support of not making one of my employees have to deal with this mundane bullshit while they’re otherwise incapacitated, as any responsible people manager should.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Air Skwirl posted:

Why am I supposed to vote for Biden at this point?

https://x.com/BreakingNews/status/1763335044788076907?s=20

because you don't want to hear "in a 7-2 majority" for the rest of your natural life.

i get that it totally sucks and we should have better choices for leaders, but it really boils down to that simple, even if you don't look at biden's track record of poo poo that got done in his first term.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

People who say they won’t vote for either one are the same people that try to make up a third scenario in the trolley problem

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 2, 2024

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I also bought a butt for this weekend. But I think I’m doing it tomorrow.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I’ll do garlic powder, kosher salt, black pepper, and maybe some smoked paprika. Just cover it liberally and toss it in until it hits 165, then I’ll wrap it and skip the stall. At 235 it’ll still take forever to reach 203.

E: then I shred it with the bone!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Can I buy Butt Rub at the hardware store? That’s where I usually buy rub.

E: I’ve used the mustard method before. If I have some I may. I haven’t found it made much of a difference for me.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

Not sure about hardware store but maybe! I’ve seen it at the grocery store and Costco definitely has it too

poo poo, I skipped the spice aisle at Costco yesterday because it was crowded and I didn’t think I needed anything.

I forgot I’m taking my oldest and some of her friends to Dave and Busters for a few hours today. Guess I’ll definitely be doing the butt stuff tomorrow.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Its Rinaldo posted:

Wait hardware stores sell food???

Mostly bbq sauce and rubs. But usually jerky and candy too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I bought a model Y from inventory and with all the tax credits paid around 40k for a long range with a third row. It’s a pretty fun car.