Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I know it doesn't get a lot of discussion, but I really like Noor. It always feels very human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I realize that marching band week was last week on Crankshaft, but I had a couple of thoughts on it. All the focus is on Marching Band only, instead of also including Concert Band (Orchestra minus strings) which could share instruments, players and the director with marching band. Actually, thinking a bit further, I never remember any strips about the marching band without the focus being on fundraising for the uniforms, or that drat convention they were just at. That convention actually annoys me a bit too. It looks like it's for the Ohio Music Educators Association, but there, Mr. Marching Band only directly being a loose dipshit hawking his book. The Texas Music Educator's Association had their conference recently and it's mostly instrument, uniform, and repertoire sellers both on the distributor and retailer level. There are a some outliers, like some of the the bands for four of the branches of the US military. I figure all of the letter S should be a representative sample:
SABIAN Ltd. | 681
Salyers Percussion | 680
Sam Ash Music | 793
Samson | 391
SanMar Sports | 2368
Santa Barbara Music Publishing, Inc. | 2479
Scents Of Soy Fundraising | 2459
Schilke Music Products / Greenhoe Trombones | 851
Schlitterbahn Waterparks | 1161
Schoolfundr | 2344
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment | 1486
Select Tours by Sabol & Associates, LLC | 2760
Shawn Belle | 2682
Shelf Foundation | 892
SICO America, Inc. | 1268
Sigma Alpha Iota | 2751
Silver Dollar City Attractions | 2580
Silverstein Works | 917
Simply Sheets of Mobile/Simply Fundraising | 2766
Six Flags Fiesta Texas | 2447
Smithsonian Folkways Recordings | 2245
Snap! Mobile | 2551
Sonor Orff/Nuvo | 1327
Sound Thinking LLP | 2277
Southeastern Performance Apparel | 2774
Southwest Emblem | 1240
Southwest Strings | 601
Specialty Shops at Schmitt Music | 375
Spirit Worx | 1580
St. Louis Music | 275
Stadium Creations | 1675
StageRight Corporation | 1233
Stanbury Uniforms | 1958
Stanbury Uniforms | 1959
Steinway Piano Gallery | 631
Steinway Piano Gallery | 635
STL Ocarina | 349
Stomvi USA | 715
Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center | 2581
Straight A Tours & Travel | 1359
Strait Music Company | 575
StylePLUS Band Products | 2452
Summit Tour & Travel | 986
Sunline Products | 2481
Sweet Pipes | 1241
Sweetwater | 881
SyncedUpDesigns | 2143

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

The Crusher was an actual wrestler from the 60s and 70s, mostly in the AWA territory of Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin. There's a statue of him in South Milwaukee.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Not with the name Count Crusinski you weren't. I'm going to make a assumption that you played a knockoff Baron Von Racheki or a Fritz Von Erich (Not the more famous sons), with the Baron being more likely as you wrestled the Crusher, and both of them wrestled for the AWA. While the Baron eventually turned good, he spent much of his career as a villain. Evil Germans, Eastern Europeans, and Russians were a common heel character, even to this as recently 2015 with Russev.

Additionally, while the Count seems to be a territory guy from the 60s-early 80s, a number of wrestlers from the late 80s-early 2000s have come clean about being beat up from years of taking moves and from addiction. Diamond Dallas Page, a former WCW champion and current yoga instructor, has helped rehab a bunch of them, and it's always met with how cheers that they're working to get better.

The Count's kayfabe at all costs mentality is incredibly toxic and has ruined lives. The Von Erich family is a great example. It's thankfully going away.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

At least since the 80s, and probably earlier, good guy(face) wrestlers made a significant amount of money from selling 8 x 10 pictures of themselves, especially if they were hot. Think Shawn Michaels, the Von Erich brothers, the Rock n Roll Express, prime Jeff Hardy, Jungle Boy.
Ok, so he may have been a more tough-guy face like Bruno Sanmarito, the Road Warriors, or Steve Austin. They still shared a locker room with the hot faces, and still sold photos. Unphotogenic Mick Foley still sold photos of himself.