Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Weird question cus I can't find it and was thinking about it, does anyone have the original Calm Hitler comic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

skeleton warrior posted:

Their breakout hit, "Basket Case", also switched up the gender of a person in one of the verses.

Which you can read a lot of different things in to, so I'm not saying it's clear and supportive representation, but it's a thing that was on the radio before Ellen was out of the closet.

Isn't it "I went to a whore, who said my life's a bore, so quit my whining cus it's bringing her down"?

Fake edit: Huh, no. I've been enlightened this day.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

The Islamic Shock posted:

Just checked out the Harvard thing, looks like conservatives decided to throw poo poo at a wall until something finally stuck. So good of these normally anti-education guys to come to the defense of the importance of intellectual honesty in lol no they're just happy a black woman's out of work

The funny part is the guy who went wrist-deep on this was bitching on Twitter that someone found out his wife was a massive plagiarist.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Is it time for "The Ted Rall memorial at the Comics Museum would be a urinal" again?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

I dont know posted:

The comic had a security guard that was stealing poo poo at night. The colorist decided to make the one off thief character black. It was still Scott Adam's fault for being lazy and hiring a colorist instead of doing his own work unlike most cartoonist, and not even checking what the guy was doing before signing off. Given what we now know about the guy, I would not at all put it past him to hire a racist friend.

IIRC colorists for dailies were pretty common at that point, and often either requested by or mandated by the syndicate, but I could just be making poo poo up.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

I know it's also an Alfred A Neuman thing, but am I totally off base thinking gap-tooth Obama is a bit racist?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Unkempt posted:

America has famously never changed its flag ever

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Skios posted:

Bob Gorrell

I feel like a different candidate was complaining about what polls people were looking at, too. Could you guess which one, Bob, you hack?

Kellies nomination: Most opposite of reality

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Doesn't scan.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Murdstone posted:

It would be great if Haley won NH just to see what the reaction from people like Branco would be.

She won’t, but it sure would be fun. Even getting within single digits would probably be good enough.

Well one can dream.

New Hampshire republicans are weird cus yeah, there's a strain of weird Trump-loving chud, but that's mostly just the border towns with MA; there's a real posibility that she could pull something out there.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Extra stupid is that "you vill eet ze bugz" is a 4chan shibboleth.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Murdstone posted:

I didn’t think any of those license obscurers worked. A fake license plate would but the penalties for that must be enormous.

There's some that work like cell phone privacy screen protectors and severely limit the viewable angle of your plate. Those might last long enough to not get caught by the cops and not be visible on a camera.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

the_steve posted:

A lot of it is dependent on pretending the southern strategy never existed.

Not understanding that things are different than they were 150 years ago is on-brand for the republicans, though.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Kellies Nomination: Most easily reinterpreted. I had to double check the comic to make sure I understood what was going on, that's not sending the message you think it is, Branco.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Byzantine posted:

Harm reduction/lesser-evilism is an admission that we have already lost and there is no hope of things ever getting better. Things will forever get worse, more evil and more harmful, and the only choice we get is rate of increase. And then the people exposing it seem baffled that that makes people depressed and demotivated.

No, it's not? It's an acknowledgement that there are near-term measures that can and should be implemented quicker while advocating for longer-term solutions. Nobody advocating harm reduction is saying "We get to this part and then stop"; it's not about giving up halfway and assuring yourself you did a good job.

It's basic first aid; you do what you can to minimize damage now, then get to the next level of care where something can be actually solved. If someone's shot in the leg, I can staunch the bleeding with a tourniquet, but nobody is under the illusion that the tourniquet is the solution, it's simply a stop-gap until I can get you to a hospital or at least a first responder.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

They probably have been as part of some passive income side hustle life type gambit.

Isn't the theory that Tina took over the comic without anyone saying anything?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

RoboRodent posted:

I'm half convinced none of these people know what fentanyl is beyond "scary actual poison in drugs."

Like any of these people care about accidental overdoses.

A lot of that well is heavily poisoned by police, too, who act like fent is some sort of malicious entity that murders healthy people stone-dead by being in the same zip code as it.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Skios posted:

When Curtis Sliwa was shot, John Gotti jr. was the prime suspect, but in spite of three attempts by the prosecutor to put together a jury, Gotti was never formally charged. His co-host Ron Kuby later remarked that that wasn't surprising, since it would be impossible to find twelve New Yorkers who would agree that Sliwa didn't deserve to be shot.

A.F. Branco

You to the lost all above, too, Branco.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

On the one hand, lol at re-hashing 27 year old drama on a public stage.

On the other hand, 1997 was still after the WTC bombing in 93, so Bin Laden was a known anti-american figure at that point.

On the gripping hand, gently caress Stiglich.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

Can they just fly?

I think they're trying to do a Calvin-and-Hobbes-style "Jumping down a large hill while having a conversation" thing, but Allie couldn't copy the right images for it.

Specifically, I think the implication is somehow supposed to be that they're traversing that black hill that's clearly way in the background; if I stare hard enough I can kinda force it to make sense.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Is there like, talk of actually passing the ERA again, or is Branco's brain going soft(er)?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Man they're really proud of that dumb "lawfare" thing aren't they

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Hostile V posted:

So I'm lurking just to watch this trashfire as a trans woman who used to read this comic and now revels in this motherfucker's misery but I just want to say as someone who read a ton of old webcomics that were contemporary to this one: congrats on, somehow, managing to do a worse take of "literally retelling LOTR" than Least I Could Do did.

Is it worse than when User Friendly hamfistedly made it about Linux somehow?

EDIT: The Least I Could Do one, I mean.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Clerical Terrors posted:

Lmao die mad about it, Ed.

Did he originally plan to draw this character as elderly as well, but then realized it wouldn't actually make sense?

No, Gamble can only draw two types of people: 75 year olds who hate their families, and what he thought a college student looked like in 1972.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

I wonder how many dumbasses will do “If global warming why snow” thinking that all of California is like Hollywood and LA

TBF there's a lot of Californians who think all of California is like LA.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Microplastics posted:

I guess I don't know much about how voting is done in America because what the gently caress is this? Is this what a voting machine looks like? You gotta aim a tiny stick into one of two very-close-together, very small holes between metal strips? (Or are they tiny buttons?)

So, with the usual caviets of "It depends on your state" (for example, a Massachusetts ballot used to look like this: ), that's the infamous "Butterfly Ballot" from the 2000 Florida Presidential election. You slide a punch card under it, punch out the options you want, and it's fed into a machine to tabulate the vote. I don't believe any place uses them anymore, but it's a very well-known picture of "this is a ballot".

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

The problem for the republicans is that a lot of Joe's gaffes and poor word choice is him trying to counter his studder. When he has time to prepare, he's a firebrand.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Ambitious Spider posted:

Who still reads this besides us? Bigots who agree with him can certainly get a hit of hatred much easier from cartoons where you don’t need to decipher his ever shifting metaphors.

There's exactly one person left on his forums, who manually posts each comic and makes a thread for it.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Man, they must be really, really nervous about the SotU address if they're still harping about it.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

The Islamic Shock posted:

This is very likely going to be the default conservative response to capitalism failing us from now on.

I mean, it's been that way for a while, the idea that someone's a "token" and whatnot. It's part of their standard bullshit.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Yes, but you're forgetting that facts don't care about your feelings, and the fact is that Tina wants to be wildly racist.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

JamesBont posted:

At this point, I've just given up on following the story. Is there even any sort of central plot other than "Jews bad"?

Excuse me, but you're clearly missing the sideplots of "Gays bad" and "Woke AI bad".

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Doomykins posted:

The last time "nefarious man steals women's thunder" in swimming came up I recall that the person in question wasn't even in the top 3?

Riley Gaines, who's the big one complaining these days, tied for fifth with the trans person she's so up in arms about existing. It's all a grift.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Another Casualty of the Cashless Society

You're right, Ted. We should kill them the old-fashioned way: Shoving them onto train tracks and then bragging about it in a book.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

Does NT even exist?
I mean, I have never installed it on anything

Did you use XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, or 11? Those are all NT-lineage.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Alhazred posted:

I don't know what's funnier, that he thinks Jesus just stepped down from the cross or that the he left his loincloth up there.

It might be his poor attempt at the shroud of turin?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Angepain posted:

"women won't wheesht"

Do I even want to know?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

InsertPotPun posted:

branco you have a platform to reveal the many crimes of biden.
no? just vague "oooooobaaaammmaaaa!!" scare noises and references to debunked propaganda and "smelly poo poo!!!" jokes?
how are people not convinced yet??

also the sippy cup is the biggest, most childish "n-n-no U!!" in history

I'm not sure if there's any evidence for this, but I've always felt that the Biden sippy-cup was a response to Clay's Trump Sippy Cup that existed for a while and may still.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

Remember the days when Ishida was still kind of okay with gay people? Good times.

Tats, keep J.R. "Bob" Dobbs' image out of your loving bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Even with him being a full-blown mask-off nazi for a hot minute now, it's still kinda jarring to be reminded that Ishida holds sex workers in the highest contempt. Like the image of a dolled-up trollop making a beckoning motion towards an older man obviously bothers him so deeply. He's been shouting about blood libel for so long that I almost forgot that Sinfest is fueled by his intense guilt every time he jerks off.

Infantilizing sex workers is a common SWERF tactic; he makes them all out to be manipulated and only doing SW because of some mysterious force (at this point, mostly Jewish people) taking advantage of them. It is, I'm sure, in his mind, something Feminism-Adjacent.