Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Yes?

Violent crime is down, and significantly so compared to any of the eras that Stiglich would seek to return to. The existence of a specific violent crime (or more likely freedom eagle dot patriot going on about the knockout games again) doesn't mean anything regarding the overall rates.

There should be an award category for this kind of "can't tell the difference between weather and climate" deliberate ignorance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Boring cartoon, but man, the rant is even more :tinfoil: than usual. Chemo brain or just brainworms?
The James Webb one is a strange addition.

The whole thing is brainworm nonsense, but it could have gone either way on "Biden will use the James Webb telescope to look at children" or "James Webb telescope will change science specifically to own these people I don't like".

Unsure why the universe being larger/older than previously predicted is good for Ben either. It used to be that everyone claiming it was older than 10,000 years was an atheist Darwinist Marxist trying to reduce the human spirit to just another animal in rants that also claimed that swat teams were coming for Christians to turn everyone gay.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

the_steve posted:

I almost feel like he's trying to go for

"2024 just started, and therefore the crime rate hasn't had a chance to happen, but the Mainstream Media is disingenuously using that information to make it seem like crime has actually decreased."
I read it as saying that long as there's at least one violent crime (which in Stiglich world probably includes Black teenagers looking at him) he thinks it's irresponsible for the media to say that violent crime is decreasing even if it is.

Being charitable, this could be because he views violent crime only on the human level (the violent criminal goes out and chooses to do violent crime for immoral reasons) rather than the analytic level (the crime rate is something that can be looked at statistically, and policy and economic factors, which are things made up by liberals to let criminals off the hook) but really that's just using too many words to say

The Islamic Shock posted:

Stiglich is a scared little bitch and knows his intended audience are scared little bitches.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Alhazred posted:

'Art should not be political' says man who's job is to make political art.
It's even dumber than that, it's the "punk is establishment now, which makes conservatism the new punk rock" poo poo they've been trying for decades, as if the 'elites' that the oldschool anarchists were railing against were the people building water pumps and providing cholera vaccines, rather than the system of capital-aristocracy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

skeleton warrior posted:

Edit: also, "Transgender" is an adjective, not a noun, you can't put a comma after it in a list what the gently caress even is that
It's a play (to the same humorless degree as the rest) on Sex, Drugs & Rock 'n' Roll.

Punk is boring and elitist now because they support vaccines and trans rights, as opposed to the cool conservative guys who support sex and drugs (and dying of any easily avoided consequences of them).

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

MechaCrash posted:

I don't know why you're surprised. These dumbfucks have the media literacy of a moldy turnip.
Not my edit, but it's the right time for it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Trapezium Dave posted:

Ted Balls posted:

American electoral politics was originally designed to make the franchise as powerful as possible for as many voters as possible
Ted explain the 'as possible'.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Yes.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Goldwater-Reagan Conservatism:

getting mad at the federal government using taxpayer money to do its loving job

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

100YrsofAttitude posted:

US gun violence by Cai Meng

At least put "Feed me, Samuel!" somewhere on it. C'mon man!

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Kellies Nomination: Best Overall

Good Scarfolk style PSA nod, :allears: points for whimsy, and an educational resource for the people who get far too involved in "It's CHRISTmas not Happy Holidays!" stuff without knowing the first thing about Twelfth Night, Epiphany, etc. who will of course never read it.

Also someone needs to do a "It's not Happy Valentines it's CANDLEmas, don't you respect Candle" one.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also if he respected his audience enough to know the trojan horse from the obvious drawing then he should have gone with "my little phoney" as the graphic title, rather than repeating it endlessly in the attached rant.

Uninspired but also aware enough to know nobody will read his

SAVE 2024! - Donate to my Muskfundr because I got kicked off real apps!

rants that go along with each comic.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Pain-in-the-rear end Liberation Front

Ted Rall posted:

Let's garner attention for being annoying as poo poo.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

#5 in the US for literacy. Kellies Nomination: Most Opposite of Reality

If corporations are people then why do you oppose their right to keep and bear arms Branco?

Kellies Nomination: Worst Label

Better make sure that people know that this faucet spraying blood everywhere is a bad thing.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pants Donkey posted:

Rall bitched about Occupy Wall Street too. I assume he wants a revolution to overthrow our capitalist oppressors, and somehow him doodling ugly cartoons is contributing to that but not protests.

You could probably find a cartoon with him whining about protests being too easy to ignore.
I think this one may even be a direct response to Rall's self-righteous attitude to Occupy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pants Donkey posted:

That was…maybe not his fault. Some sites used a different format with different color data. However, given Rall knew this and could probably have done something to fix. I mean, it’s not like it happens to every cartoonist.
I recall it happened to Scott Adams once back in the 90s, the color version had it look at though the one Black guy was the idiot and the butt of the joke.

(The actual reason I still remember that is because his response was an apology and a promise to add more positive diversity rather than a 20,000 word rant about how Black people should not even look at his comic. Guy's brain really melted.)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Neito posted:

IIRC colorists for dailies were pretty common at that point, and often either requested by or mandated by the syndicate, but I could just be making poo poo up.
Yeah his statement said that his work got sent off to be colored in and he didn't get to see it.

Which could just be a "racist getting caught" moment, but if so he at least cared enough about getting caught that he didn't just go "yeah I'm racist, whites should stay away from blacks, MAGA MAGA MAGA" for five pages back then.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The writing in the top left confirms that it is racist.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: It's Democratic If the Constitution Says It

Eat poo poo Ted.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You're forgetting that the most important thing is that Tod Roll is so controversial that he doesn't agree with anything in the mainstream.

Many people are saying things similar to what he may or may not have said years ago, so Tad can't possibly agree with those things now.

In summary

Guavanaut posted:

Eat poo poo Ted.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
May 1945 - lovely obit where Ted had all of Roosevelt's ideas before he did, and is so much smarter

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
No see the Jewish head of the NGO for multinationals and free market capitalism (which is bad this time, says Branco) is adding the extremist antisemitic nationalism (which is also bad this time, says Branco) and the anti-market Marxism to the globalism in order to forward the anti-business green agenda and force us to eat the bug.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Oh wow, there's absolutely nothing else that you could be a white supremacist piece of poo poo over instead Ben? Amazing.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Damnation from some Hebrew loser? I'll make my own heaven. It'll be great. Best heaven. This is going to be a great death, and they'll see after it happens.
:chaostrump:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Kellies Nomination: Worst "If Climate Change, why Weather Disaster?"

Pants Donkey posted:

It is insane how conservatives are still mad that a teenager had the gall to call them out for burning the planet to make another buck. Like five years later and they are still doing ugly cartoons about her.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Trump good because pro-war. A confusing cartoon (unless you know Kirschen doesn't think bombing the poo poo out of everyone is war).

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah? Lincoln was viewed as an inelegant orator too, so I bet his speeches wouldn't sound great if you put all the pauses and half repeated words in, the inebriated duck just disagrees with the message.

I didn't yesterday and missed something, so made a point to this morning, so a fair point, even if it is banal even by the standards of PC.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There's nowhere to go but down after the most eloquentest talker ever in history.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

If Stiglich can't extrapolate from "Iowa is overrepresented by white Christians" to "compared to the rest of the country, which means it may be bad if you're using Iowa to figure out what the rest of the country wants or needs, or good if you're marketing to white Christians and planning to market there" (which is true for any case, a primary, a poll, a candidate for a position, a singer) then he's stupider than I thought.

Of course he's petty and spiteful as well as stupid so he also just doesn't like the person saying it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Kellies Nomination: Best Overall
(for everywhere)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Real Rishi Sunak and his friends are gremlins too, so it figures.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

idonotlikepeas posted:

Oh, great, it's a running gag.
It feels a bit like going through the motions at this point but Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Antisemitism)

He's gone past "naming the Jew" and into just wandering around shouting it now.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yes Bob, we know you think that white Christians are the real Jews and the Jews are Khazarian fakes or something.

Pants Donkey posted:

Someone did the Dry Bones parody but for an actual cartoon :stonk:

It’s almost certainly intended to be antisemitic garbage considering the source
And the implication that eating children is kosher.

Bumper crop recently what with Tats not even bothering with "no see it's ZOG, which is different" and plumbing new depths of antisemitism and claiming that Jews are trying to kill time itself.

Also this A Wyatt Mann horrorshow.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

"Burn flags not fossil fuels!" with a picture of the former is going right up there alongside "your son died for nothing" with a silhouette of a Marine for bumper stickers I might make in the future if I ever want to commit insurance fraud by provoking people in a deep red area into loving my car completely up
Strong 00s Top Gear vibes from this post.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Strange way of spelling Covid.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

the_steve posted:

plus outright sexual assault probably wouldn't get past many editors.
Meanwhile, in French politoons there seems to be a quota.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Telegnostic posted:

This one might work better if the first two were in any way "Democrat plants."
Yeah I'm surprised that Stiglich didn't just jump to the racist option of using plants commonly associated with African-American or Mexican stereotypes.

Or drugs plants, which he considers a subset of the above.

Must be the first time in a while that I've seen a clear avenue for Stiglich to be anti-Dem in a way that is coded as racist instead of incomprehensible and not jump on it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Vib Rib posted:

Pretty cool how somehow "WEF" became just modern allowed shorthand for "scheming jews"
Just make a new one called the Joint Economic Workshop and see who goes "uhh guys maybe we shouldn't this time" and who is Bob Moran.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah a lot of this would be sustainable if it were only the West eating meat with every meal and everyone else on subsistence diets.

But the growing middle class around the world doesn't agree with that setup. So the only options are to change things or try to justify the inequality.

Changing things means admitting loss of status though, and admitting that unequal status was unjustly earned, so much like the French hereditary aristocracy when overtaken by the capitalist merchant class, or the Russian aristocracy when forced to flee by the Bolsheviks, or WASPs when forced to accept a changing workplace, it's easier for them to blame the globalist elite Jews destroying whiteness or the Pope in Rome bribing Tammany Hall or the Illuminati aborting all the workers or whatever. It's all just a way of handwaving the inequality by demonizing the agents of the change.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah there's a whole bunch of people so culturally insulated that "hey if we communicate mostly by email/groupchat and come from places with differently gendered naming conventions perhaps we should agree on a simple pronoun convention in the bio or footer" turns into "robots will transhuman your penis" because transphobia melts your brain.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Angepain posted:

this is the true terror of the AI driven future. a world without bomb-rear end racks
I'm surprised that he didn't draw a pro-tech cartoon with drug users stealing the bomb-rear end racks off of robots to sell for scrap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Stultus Maximus posted:

I do not get this at all.
All Keir Starmer has to do to win the next general election is not get involved in the ridiculous slapfights that Sunak, Hunt, and I guess Penny Mordaunt keep getting themselves into over the repeated failures of ridiculous things like the Rwanda Plan and the Bibby Stockholm.

(Also possibly that Starmer does not appear to have any policies and is winning by the marginal virtue of not being any of the above.)