Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I hope to see some good comics this year. I want to believe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Famous supervillain, Superman (Yes, I'm aware of Injustice)
There needs to be a Kellies category for stuff like this but I'm not sure what to call it. Often it shows up as Santa bad.

Oh! Let me know if it works.

Kellies Nomination: Are we the baddies?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The use of the word 'thug' is such a tell for what he wanted to write. It would've been fine to just say "Man". That would've been even easier to read. Just "Thug" with an article threw me off.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

US-style 'peace' by Yang Zhongkui

US gun violence by Cai Meng

Peace or war? by Song Chen

US gun violence by Cai Meng

Cai Meng had something on their mind. I'm enjoying the new artists styles.

Charlie Hebdo

Stars robbed!
"Police, the women came through here!"

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Sorry had a crazy busy weekend.

China Daily

No end in sight by Song Chen

US democracy in crisis by Cai Meng

Chip war by Ma Xuejing

Le Monde

by Le HIC from Algeria
Door reads: Happy New Year!

by Urbs from France
Who will go into what ministry? Prime Minister, Interior, Defense, Health, Culture, Foreign Affairs Answer: Macron

by Herrmann from Switzerland
"I love his second-in--class vibe!"
Macron recently chose a new prime minister in Gabriel Attal, who at 34 is the youngest Prime Minister ever. He's also a complete toady.

L’Équateur en proie aux violences du narcotrafic/Equator in the grips of narco violence by Ramsés from Cuba

by Stellina from Taiwan

by Urbs from France
Meanwhile at the Macron's
"Is Gabriel happy with his government?"
"I don't know, you'd have to ask."

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I hate QR codes. Not everyone has smart phones, signal, or wifi or wants to. Nothing wrong with a menu! I don't know how good it is to agree with a Kelly but I do!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily doesn't seem to be doing as many cartoons. This is all I got for the week.

China Daily

Warmongering by Song Chen

Ticking clock by Luo Jie

Caught in the middle by Luo Jie

Le Monde

by Chappatte from Switzerland
Transfer of power at the Elysée
on papers:At the same time... to the right!

Taiwan fait le choix de tenir tête à la Chine/Taiwan choose to defy China by Lectrr from Belgium

Taiwanese elections

by Amorim from Brazil
Davos 2024: "Today we'll talk about the crisis!"

Macron talks to the early-risers

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Meanwhile, in French politoons there seems to be a quota.

That seems to be just Charlie Hebdo and I can’t really get anything off their site anymore which is a shame.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm curious about that lightsaber color. Not technically wrong but I mean shouldn't it be red?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

The rotten core of politics by Cai Meng

The 2024 election by Cai Meng

Searching for peace by Luo Jie

Shirking responsibility by Song Chen

Wrong way by Luo Jie

Le Monde

by Ahmad Rahma from Turkey
Sailing the Red sea

Remaniement/Reshuffling by Micaël as seen in Marianne

"On your right you can see a reshuffling."

Agricultural Anger

Allemagne : la menace de l’extrême-droite/Germany: The threat of the far-right by Joep Bertrams from the Netherlands

by Adene from France
Rearmament, Demography, Pressure, Conciliation, Social, House-work, Inequalities, Sexism, Stereotypes, Mental Stress

by Amorim from Brazil

Parrainez un enseignant/Sponsor a teacher by Micaël as seen in Marianne

Sponsor a public school teacher

L’Europe récolte la colère de ses agriculteurs/Europe reaps the anger of its farmers by Le Hic from Algeria

Agricultural protest

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

Well, it's been about seven months since I last posted Stonetoss. Let's see what he's been up to for the last half-year.

This is all rather upsetting but you are really something. Just thanks for the effort and for curating it best you could.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I was going to ask. Maybe... they're working together to open the border?

I see it as the Democrats trying to lock the door but are unable to do so do to an obstruction by MAGA. Which seems to be the case? Opinion on border "security" notwithstanding.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Marty Two Bulls

Bit of a miss from Marty here. I think the cartoon hits harder if you take out the skeleton and its word balloon - you get the whole thing just from filling in the word "deeer".

OK, still better than 90% of the stuff in the thread, obviously.

If it weren't such a good comic I'd even say it's Worst Label except I don't think it's the worst really, just wholly unnecessary.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

What comes next? by Zhao Guopin

Troublemaker by Cai Meng

Warship repair ill-intentioned by Ma Xuejing

Sticking hand into the beehive by Luo Jie

Le Monde

by Piet from France
Angouleme Comics Festival
"And you have another job on the side?"
"I'm a farmer."
"And you have another job on the side?"

Road sign reads: Ecological transition
Signs read: "Had it up to here!" and "Enough!"

by Stellina from Taiwan

Gaza : tractations autour d’un cessez-le-feu/Gaza: Cease-fire negotiations by Adene from France

by Urbs from France
"Higher wages! Less bureaucracy! Open more doors!"
"This feels like a reshuffle."
It's a play on words beginning with 'de' but I'm not making that effort.

Birmanie : trois ans après le coup d’Etat, la junte vacille/Myanmar: Three years after coup, the junta is struggling by Heng from Singapore

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I like the visual simplicity of that last Bennett but boy does it feel like he’s arguing the wrong side. Unless he’s a fan of an overly strong executive.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Warning of global warming by Song Chen

Free-fall by Cai Meng

Running out of steam by Lu Jun

Reading too much by Cai Meng

Le Monde

Rothko et l’IA/Rothko and AI by Micaël as seen in Les Arts dessinés

"I don't see what's so special about it."

The Three Steps in the Attal Method
"Diagnose! Decide!"
"Give in!"

by Urbs from France
Distrust the Youth
"Eat your soup! I don't want to see it end up on the Mona Lisa!"

Sénégal : Macky Sall reporte les élections et déclenche une crise politique/Senegal: Macky Sall pushes back elections and sets off a political crisis by Dilem from Algeria

Senegalese presidential election pushed back

by Tjeerd Royaards from the Netherlands

by Stellina from Taiwan

Israël-Hamas : pas de feu vert pour la trêve/Israel-Hamas: No green light for a truce by Ahmed Rahma from Turkey

Lights read: War/Truce

Le Monde also posted this collection of illustrations that accompanies their articles. I'd be happy to post them, but there's like 30 images. Should I break it up or just throw them all up in one go?

An example:

Les animaux, nouveaux sujets politiques/Animals, New Political Subjects from Nov 12, 2023 by Christelle Enault

The article focuses on how our views of animals has evolved to consider them as "sensitive living beings" and what that entails.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 11, 2024

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It’s clearly not ideal but “well-meaning” really does sound a lot better than the “ill-intentioned” of the guy. Regardless of memory.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You know what I'm on holiday. So here is a selection of "political cartoons" from Le Monde. In fact these illustrations accompanied specific articles. Does it count? I don't know, but it's a lot prettier than some of the stuff we tend to see.

1. Les animaux, nouveaux sujets politiques/Animals, New Political Subjects from Nov 12, 2023 by Christelle Enault

The article focuses on how our views of animals has evolved to consider them as "sensitive living beings" and what that entails.

2. Immigration : tolérance de la société, vote à l’extrême droite, le paradoxe français/Immigration: Societal tolerance, voting far-right, the French paradox from Oct 20, 2023 by Laurent Corvaisier

The article's about how despite a more tolerant society, politically people are voting far-right.

3. En Israël, les psys au chevet d’une population traumatisée/In Israel, psychologists are at the bedside of a traumatized population from Nov 5, 2023 by Aline Bureau

4. La politique à la recherche de la confiance perdue/Politicians in serach of the trust they've lost from Oct 13, 2023 by Sergio Aquindo

On the general distrust voters have in politicians and the failure of that social contract.

5. Entre la France et le Maroc, les frontières de la discorde/Between France and Morocco, the borders of discord from Oct 5, 2023 by Titwane

On how a restriction of visas has shown the difficulties between France and Morocco.

6. « J’ai pas le niveau ! » : à Nanterre, les jeunes pris dans la mécanique de l’échec scolaire/"I'm not good enough!" in Nanterre, kids are falling through the cracks of academic failure from Oct 17 by Anna Wanda Gogusey

On minority populations in the troubled inner city populations of Paris being unable to succeed at school.

7.Le devoir d’exemplarité, une exigence politique aux contours flous/The trouble of being exemplary, a political necessity with unclear demands from Sept 1, 2023 by Tally Randall

On the high expectations we put on our leaders.

8. La Lettonie, terrain de jeu des agents de Moscou/Lithuania, the playground for agents from Moscow from Aug 22, 2023 by Anne-Gaëlle Amiot

9. Najoua Ferréol, coordinatrice d’intimité, prend soin du bien-être des acteurs sur les tournages/Najoua Ferréol, Intimacy coordinator, takes care of actors during shoots from Aug 17, 2023 Fanny Michaelis

10. Le mythe de l’« Américaine à Paris », histoire d’une fascination/The Myth of the "American in Paris", a history of an obsession from Oct 5, 2023 by Brosmind

A journalist from New York chronicles her own experience in Paris before trying to peg the types of Americans in Paris.

11. A la Fondation des Treilles, dans les pas de Michel Serres/At the Treilles Foundation, in the footsteps of Michel Serres from Aug 11, 2023 by Clément Thoby

On a research center located in Vars.

12. L’école, un job à plein-temps… pour les parents/School, a full-time job... for parents from July 29, 2023 by Giullia d'Anna Lupo

On the investment American parents make for kids education in school and after-school activities and how France is soon to do the very same thing.

13. La charge mentale des enfants d’immigrés : « A 8 ans, ma mère me disait que je devais savoir remplir les chèques »/The mental load of the children of immigrants: "At 8 my mom told me I should know how to write a check" from Feb 23, 2023 by Charles Monnier

On how kids are being forced to grow up too quickly due to their parents lack of French.

14. La jeune mère et l’enfant de la « honte »/The Young Mother and the "shameful" child from July 7, 2023 by Yasmine Gateau

On the impacts of the trial of an Algerian mother who had killed her cild.

15. De ChatGPT à Midjourney, les intelligences artificielles génératives s’installent dans les entreprises/From ChatGPT to Midjourney, AI begins to show up in companies from April 25, 2023 by Mathieu Labrecque

16. Les derniers secrets de d’Artagnan, serviteur sans visage du Roi-Soleil/The last secrets of D'Artagnan, the faceless servant of the Sun King from April 8, 2023 by Antoine Moreau-Dusault

On the real D'Artagnan.

17. Dans les champs bretons, l’industrie agroalimentaire et la culture de la peur/In the fields of Brittany, Agrobusiness is sowing fear from April 4, 2023 by Benjamin Tejero

On the nefarious actions of agrobusiness on small farmers.

18. De l’assassinat de Kléber à la réserve du Musée de l’homme, l’étrange parcours de Soleyman El-Halebi, le « Syrien fanatique »/From the assassination of Kléber to the Museum of Man, the strange life of Soleyman El-Halebi, the "Syrian Fanatic" from March 21, 2023 by Olivier Dangla

On the life and post-life of Soleyman El-Halebi. It would seem that his skull was used in phrenology.

19. Au Maroc, le grand malaise des parents face à l’éducation sexuelle de leurs enfants/The Discomfort of parents teaching sex ed to their children in Morocco from Nov 30, 2023 by Xavier Lissilour

On how Morocco's sex-ed is focused on abstinence.

20. « De Civitate Angelorum », de Donatien Grau/It's latin for 'City of Angels'. It's a book. from June 1, 2023 by Tom Haugomat

On a book on LA written in Latin.

21. « Trois vies par semaine », de Michel Bussi/"Three Lives per Week" by Michel Bussi from March 9, 2023 by Sylvie Serprix

Another book review.

22. La « situationship », un flou relationnel qui se répand chez les jeunes/The "Situationship", a blurry relationship is growing in popularity among the young from Nov 9 by Chiara Dattola

On a new sort of relationship status.

23. Quand avoir un enfant fait perdre un ami : « J’ai senti pour la première fois que ma fille dérangeait »/When having a child makes you lose a friend: "I felt for the first time that my daughter was bothering me" from July 4, 2023 by Henri Crabières

On a pair of best friends split by one of them becoming a parent.

24. Quand les femmes prennent en charge la santé mentale de leur conjoint/When women take their partner's mental health in hand from July 6, 2023 by Marine Lognonié

25. Comment la guerre entre Israël et le Hamas menace la paix des cercles familiaux et amicaux/How the war between Israel and Hamas menaces the peace between friends and family from Dec 12, 2023, by Theophile Sutter

Don't get into fights with your friends thanks to these accessories
1) The anti-controversy mask 2) Anti-discord Ear Plugs 3) Anti-Social Network glasses
"Thanks to our amazing accessories our friendship is saved!!! Thanks Le Monde!!!"
"HMPFFFPFFP!!!"
"Huh?"

26. Maux de tête, nausées, vertiges : et si c’était les écrans qui vous rendaient malades ?/Headaches, nausea, vertigo: What if it was screens making you sick? from Dec 12, 2023 Mathieu Freak City

27. Arnaques à la générosité sur les cagnottes en ligne/Donation scams using online fundraisers from Sept 24, 2023 by Filippo Fontana

28. « Papa, maman, arrêtez de consommer ! » : et si le problème des écrans, c’était les parents ?/"Dad, Mom, stop watching!" What if screen addiction, was affecting parents? from July 4, 2023 by Marion Laurent

29. Un jour, un miracle : « Je sonde la neige, et l’avalanche se déclenche »/One day, a miracle: "I was surveying snow, and suddenly an avalanche" from July 4, 2023 by Thibaut Laget-Ro

30. Cinq façons de sortir du « Dry January »... et de changer son rapport à l’alcool/Five ways to escape 'Dry January'... and to change your relationship with alcohol from Jan 19, 2023 by David Adrien

31. « Je me lève et je vois une vidéo de moi nue sur Snapchat »/"I woke up and saw a nude video of myself on Snapchat" from July 4, 2023 by Amélie Fontaine
:nws:Pubic hair

32. Cauchemars : les nouvelles thérapies pour mieux les maîtriser/Nightmares: new therapies to better treat them from March 21, 2023 by Pierre Mornet

33. Marché immobilier : comment se positionner dans ce contexte incertain/Real Estate market: how to deal with this incertain situation from Sept 20, 2023 by Leonie Bos

Signs read: Sold, For Sale

34. Comment bien préparer sa succession/How to prepare your inheritance from Sept 20, 2023 by Sylvain Havek

35. Les promesses du chiffrement homomorphe pour traiter les données privées/The promise of homomorphic encryption to deal with private data from January 4, 2023 by Julien Pacaud

Feels like it's about block-chain. But maybe not.

36. Epargne : comment profiter de la hausse des taux d’intérêt/Saving: How to take advantage of rising interest rates from Sept 18, 2023 by Baptiste Alchourroun

37.Le boom des applications pour suivre la vie des enfants à l’école, entre convivialité et intrusion/The explosion of apps to better follow students at school, between friendly and intrusive from March 2, 2023 by Anna Villechenon

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Austin S posted:

Excellent palette cleanser, thank you. Reminds me of the Pawel Kuczynski collection that was posted a year or two back. Incisive commentary, no labels needed.

Glad you all liked them. I’ll sift through their articles more often but this was easy as they made the collection themselves.

However labels may be unnecessary but context sure is, without the article title or the blurb explaining them there are a bunch that I would find baffling. The Moroccan sex-ed one is still weird to me.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Antigravitas posted:

Homomorphic encryption is basically witchcraft. It's witchcraft that allows you to encrypt data but still allow certain mathemagical operations on the encrypted data. So you could encrypt data to be processed by a less trusted third party.

It's a pretty advanced topic to cover in a magazine for the ordinary public. No cryptocoin connection.

Well, I understood very little of that. Sure seems impressive anyway. Le Monde is a daily paper. Probably France's equivalent to the NYT. The illustrations showed up online at any rate. I don't know if they were printed on paper as well.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So Barnaby Joyce lay down on the ground. But why?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Warning of global warming by Song Chen

Free-fall by Cai Meng

These were from the week before and I missed them. They took last week off.

Le Monde

by Urbs from France
Macron got a coffee at a bar/cigarette shop
"The search for new ministers has taken him far."

Recharging your batteries by Micäel

"I'd love to recharge in the city!"

Robert Badinter : la mort d’un humaniste/Robert Badinter: The death of a humanist by Urbs from France

Thank you Robert Badinter:
"Are you crying because he passed?"
"More for the ones that are still here."
Badinter was responsible for the abolition of the death penalty when served as Justice Minister under Mitterand.

"What if Trump encourages Putin to invade Sweden?"
"He's always confusing us with Switzerland anyway!"

by Dilem from Algeria
Trump threatens NATO
"Ok...I'll pay!"

Indonésie : Subianto remporte des élections controversées/Indonesia: Subianto wins controversial election by Amorim from Brazil

by Urbs from France
Farmers are threatening to start again...
"For land rights?"
"In some sense."

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Did Trump do something with sneakers? 3 comics mention them is it a coincidence?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Nenonen posted:

Here's a few rare cartoons from early 20th century Finnish cartoonist Oki Räisänen. He wanted to become a painter but ended as an editorial cartoonist first for the Agrarian party supporting Suomenmaa paper, then to Progressive supporting Helsingin Sanomat when Suomenmaa closed.

I really like his style.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

NEMØ isn't a tankie, just a straight-up right wing nutjob. The point of the cartoon is "hero dies in prison and everyone memory holes it, but idiot leftie failure dies in prison and we all have to pay attention". This does require you to view Navalny as a leftie, which is, let's call it, a bit dubious, but right wing cartoonists are not known for being closely in touch with reality. (Particularly the "Nazis were actually left-wing" meme, which has been part of the alternate reality conservative cartoonists have lived in for a while now.)

Dude seems like an Russian AI bot or something.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

War harms world peace by Shi Yu

Exacerbating tensions by Cai Meng

AI grants wishes by Luo Jie

The threat by Cai Meng

Blinken's 'table and menu theory' by Luo Jie

Le Monde

Russie : le meurtre de Navalny/Russia: Nalvalny's murder by Nardi from Italy

Plus de neige/No more snow by Micaël

Dernier espoir pour Julian Assange/Last hope for Julian Assange by Ramsés from Cuba

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

So why are they taking this line? I can't imagine they (or their editors) are pro-Trump or pro-NATO.

I had the same thought, but China Daily seems to be pro-peace and maybe they're just trying promote a sort of status quo?

Skios posted:

I... I really don't get this one. There is literally no reason shown for the person on the right to be running away screaming from... what looks like just an ordinary genie's lamp?

The smoke's a question mark for what it's worth. A monkey's paw would've worked better but genie's also tend to grant wishes with a catch.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Having listened to all of Taylor Swift's discography this past week to try to understand why she's quite that popular, I get not getting it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

I'll go to bat for 1989, Folklore, and Evermore at the very least.

This is really harsh, but on the other hand you're not wrong.

1989 is the best example of her work. Folklore the best thing she’s done. Lover was my favorite but none of it felt like it merited the phenomenon she is.

Gonna listen to Beyoncé now since she seems to be the best comparison.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

What's the bias on the Evening Standard, because that drawing isn't show a 25 point lead.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

This is really clever, if a bit inside baseball.

I get the McConnell Supreme Court line, probably, but not the others mainly as I don't recognize the buildings. Were they the architects?

That KAL just reminds me how good an artist he is. That's a really good Haley. He makes it look real simple too.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Weakened EU by Shi Yu

Not enough by Cai Meng

Protectionism hinders global economic recovery by Luo Jie

Japan unleashes monster by Cai Meng

Uncle Sam greedy for capitalism by Luo Jie

Le Monde

L’homme et l’artiste/The Man and the Artist

"Today we're going to try to answer the question: Should we make a difference between the bastard of a man and the despicable artist?"

by Tjeerd Royaards
It's the environmental laws the EU was going to implement but that got scrapped due to the farmer protests.

Ukraine : les tergiversations des alliés de l’Ouest/Ukraine: Western allies are procrastinating by Emanuele Del Rosso from Italy

by Sanaga from France
Cyclist till the end
"I'm going to work from distance."

by Chappatte from Switzerland (We can agree this isn't the same Chappatte that's sometimes posted right?)
"How many divisions in Nato?"
Screen:Troops on the ground in Ukraine? Macron on his own

France : l’IVG en voie d’être inscrit dans la Constitution/France:Abortion on the way to being enshrined in the Constitution by Elena from Colombia

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Eh, the Supreme Court didn't exactly say that Trump could run even if that was the effect in practice. I agree that only the federal government can declare it someone illegible even if they won't for reasons. They made a lot of effort to ignore everything else about the question.

I can't believe Ramirez reads news from other countries honestly.

Guavanaut posted:

The king believes in homeopathy and the water companies pipe poo poo and piss into all the rivers under emergency storm surge powers though, so that's probably just part of the overall retvrn to 1820 program.

Please tell me his belief in homeopathy will result in cancer killing him.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

There's only two and very possible answers. They are not exclusive.

1) They are very dumb.
2) They are doing it purposefully.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Didn’t watch the SotU, what’s with the “kitchen”?

Also, Aside from the fact no one is happy with Trump/Biden I’m pretty sure having “repeat” elections is quite common? Didn’t Nixon run a bunch of times before winning let alone the elections in 1900’s? Everyone’s acting like it’s such a unique phenomenon.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

These are from last week, sorry for the delay.

China Daily

Puppeteer by Shi Yu

Broadcasting hypocrisy by Cai Meng

Cold War mentality by Luo Jie

Blocking peace by Cai Meng

Ready to devour by SHI YU

Symbolism by Luo Jie

Le Monde

by Ahmed Rahma from Turkey

"There might be a cease-fire to allow us to fast for Ramadan."

L’Allemagne, embarrassée par les fuites de son armée/Germany is embarrassed by the desertion in its army by Amorim from Brazil

by Piet from France
Signs read: Eco-Museum: Biological Intelligence; Next part of the exhibition; Don't feed the creatures please
Signs on exhibitions read: Writer, Graphic Designer; Cartoonist

by Emanuele Del Rosso from Italy
Finish line reads: My body My choice

by Micaël
Walk for the Climate

États-Unis : on prend les mêmes et on recommence/US: We'll take the same and start again by Kal from the US We saw this already but it's interesting that they ran it

by Sanaga from France
Sign: No to the A69
"Aren't you tired of associating with ultra-violent groups?
Protests have tied up the attempts to extend the A69 highway.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 11, 2024

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

To be fair that one's an accidental duplicate; I'm sure the real one is even worse.

That's the one. Fixed the OG post too.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

Christ the racism on display. “Haiti was doing great until the slavers got killed :smith:” is a hell of a take.

I think the thing that bothers me unnecessarily given all the other awful things, is the fact they got him speaking French. They speak Creole there! Acting like they know Haiti and its history.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Delusion by Cai Meng

Hot air by Luo Jie

Inflated problem by Luo Jie

'Scary China' by Cai Meng

Le Monde

Haïti : face au chaos, le premier ministre démissionne/Haiti: Facing chaos, the prime minister resigns by Yas from France

by Emanuele Del Rosso from Italy
"Chainsaw."

L’Europe vote la première loi de régulation des IA/Europe votes on the first law regulating AI by Kroll from Belgium

The AI Act
"Well?"
"What does it say?"
"Do you understand?"

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Going up and down by Li Min

Continued military aid to Ukraine by Cai Meng

Removing key pillar by Li Min

Hidden agenda by Cai Meng

Nuclear-contaminated monster by Cai Meng

Le Monde

Putin wins re-election with 87% of the vote
"Doesn't that make it a bit too democratic?"

Gaza au bord de la famine/Gaza on the verge of famine by Osama Hajjaj from Jardon

by Paresh from India
"Will it soon be all destroyed?"
Boat:Last Chance Tourism

Préparation aux JO/Preparing for the Olympics by Micaël for La Croix Hebdo

"Dear Passengers, this is a test in preparation for the Olympics..."

by Stellina from Taiwan

Brésil : Rio ne respire plus/ Brazil: Rio can't breathe by Vadot from Belgium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

I'll take care of it if nobody else does, but I'll wait a couple of days before starting in case anyone wants to volunteer since I've got a couple of things on my plate already.

I can do so, but it'll be a weekly thing alongside China Daily and Le Monde. I assume they're easy enough to find and get?