Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

New woke lamb ad doesn't poo poo on vegetarians and hippies.

This made me look up Sam Kekovich

He filmed facebook ads for Corey Bernadi's political party and the lamb people got angry with him for using the term "lambassador"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm OK with the supermarket duopoly being the Australia Day battleground, it's extremely Australian

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I wonder how much Morrison's connections in Parliament are worth to an employer. I was under the impression that he was not well liked within his party. Along with his well documented managerial incompetence it's not surprising that it took him this long to find a gig

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Do voters care about broken promises?
I don't really know any swing voters, maybe those perverts do

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've never really understood broken promises as a knock on a politician or party. It's table stakes, they all do it all the time. Most of the time they only "promise" things cos the media push them to.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

freebooter posted:

Will the upper income bracket actually be "worse off" or is their tax cut just not going to be as large as it was going to be?

They still get a tax cut, just around half of what they would have got

The reporting and politics around this issue is going to make me insane

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pleasant Friend posted:

Don Bradman was a peice of poo poo.

You made me read his Wikipedia page
He seems like he was an aloof weirdo but he went against the cricketing establishment to recommend against playing apartheid South Africa. :shrug:

EoinCannon fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jan 25, 2024

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pleasant Friend posted:

My parents were friends with the caretakers of his disabled daughter he threw into a asylum. He'd only visit her once every few months for about ten minutes and by all accounts was a real nasty bloke in real life.

Well there you go, sounds like a dickhead

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Warnie statue when?

There's one at the MCG

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

It's also funny seeing the teals squirm about completely justified changes that will effect the very rich people that voted for them

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

lih posted:

photoshop does have an ai 'extend this image' feature that can just generate nonsense like that now. nine used it on a cropped version of the image for some reason instead of just finding an uncropped version, obviously a stupid thing to do

Adobe has apparently 'cast doubt' on this explanation

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

Please link

Sorry

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2024/jan/30/georgie-purcell-mp-photoshop-automated-image-nine-news-apology-victoria-animal-justice-party

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Note that the photo on the right isn't actually the source photo that was used for the 'shopped image, her pose is almost exactly the same but her face is turned slightly further away from the camera.

If you do a google image search for her then this cropped photo from the same photo session used to be one of the first images that came up before all this:

..... which matches the pose exactly, and seems to be the photo that Ch9 used for their graphic. Why they used generative fill to 'expand' the image rather than just downloading a different photo is a mystery.

Yeah I don't necessarily believe Adobe in this case.
Should have been checked by an editor or something before publication though

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Solemn Sloth posted:

When did the chaser become right wing? They’ve spent a good twenty minutes on their America show talking about how it’s too easy to claim asylum; super predators are coming across illegally; and undocumented migrants are ruining the joint; and their solution is to shut the border and stop processing asylum claims.

In thought that was just Chas Liciardello and John Baron, who's always seemed kind of right wing. Nothing to do with Chaser

Assuming you're taking about Planet America.
It's a pretty bad show

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Weren't they all rich kids from private schools?

Because that's your answer right there.

We went over this, they didn't go right wing. Chas is on a lovely America show on ABC, where he has wonky centrist takes.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's not very goatse-ish but it annoys me that one hand has more structure to it and the other is more rounded and cartoony.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Non Compos Mentis posted:

You could design a better goatse tunnel

I would make a tunnel so red and glistening, and some anatomically plausible and stylistically consistent hands

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's relatable behaviour for a lot of us so nobody will care except scolds

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Maybe I’m a bit cynical but anyone else a little surprised that passed out Barnaby wasn’t on the front page of any of the newspapers today?

Barnaby being a messy drunk isn't news

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The world need ideas guys Bucky
You keep at it mate

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I kind of skim read the Sydney bike chat cos I don't know much about about Sydney, but I do commute by bike. It doesn't piss me off cos I know gently caress all about urban planning or civil engineering so I've been learning a thing or two. I admire Bucky's perseverance, and it's not like I'm contributing compelling discourse to the thread.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I reckon escooters will attract more people cos you can easily get them on a train and just hop on and off them and fracture your skull and break your wrists. They're the first share vehicle scheme I've seen catch on in Melbourne.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
In think people were throwing around alt Australian flag details and he copied the indigenous flag and made it pastel. I think he staunchly defended the concept, as is his style.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Animal Friend posted:

have you considered tofu?

:respek:

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

freebooter posted:

Randomly flicked over to the ABC late at night and how the gently caress do John Barron and that Chaser guy still have a political analysis show? It's neither funny nor astute. This is negatively polarising me towards the Sky News "Channel 2" guys, abolish this poo poo and give me my 7c a day back

I'm surprised it's still going. Holy poo poo it's been on since 2012

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Seemlar posted:

Works for me, I think that would be a fine punishment

It would be funny to hear the whole stadium boo him so they should do this

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Solemn Sloth posted:

Didn’t have Sam Kerr getting milkshake ducked on my bingo card tbh

If you want to believe the cops about the incident I guess

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sportspeople do abominable poo poo all the time, much of the time it barely effects their careers.
Even if you think that what Sam Kerr supposedly did was wrong (it wasn't), it's so far down on the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, spicy Friday