Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dreylad posted:

will say that when i tried to get the current background changed jeff wanted it to be something original and not made by someone outside the forums (assuming that picture was) if any mod dares to take on this important Quest

the current one isn't from here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
sleep is the jeffkiller

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

the weekend was too short

dont want to work tomorrow

i just spent four hours making red beans and rice and one of my two RTO days is tomorrow and i'm just not feeling it

our district's director finally just retired on new year's day so i'm mostly hoping that the acting person doesn't mandate more days or something or get replaced with an even more insectoid freak

we all did this job for literally years fully remote, it's complete bullshit. and lol they just closed our old office so now we're hotelling with a different unit, switching off RTO days with a complex schedule that's cube-by-cube

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
then again, a pension and "literally impossible to be fired" are quite nice perks, so i'll definitely put up with such nonsense

but still, i like waking up whenever instead of a commute

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
anyway please make the goku rockwell painting the background, tia

also here's the backstory on the og one

quote:

Freedom of Speech depicts a scene of a local town meeting in which Jim Edgerton, the lone dissenter to the town selectmen's announced plans to build a new school, as the old one had burned down,[7] was accorded the floor as a matter of protocol.[8]

lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

ya. tho i completely expect to die on the job before I can even touch my PEPRA pension. but maybe my partner or kids or w/e will still get something out of it

i used to think that, but apparently stress diseases can kill you faster than smoking so i worry about outliving hoverwife, despite my whole rear end cancer thing

physicians born after like 1980 are probably going to largely be dying in their 60s or some poo poo, it's terrible what they do to them between understaffing and covid and all

speaking of smoking, i did just join the autistic manchild world of meerschaum pipes, so we'll see

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

RadiRoot posted:

do you smoke meth with that?

no no, pipe tobacco from a tobacconist like a grandpa

i started going grey at like 25 so it's not appropriating gramps culture

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
a buddy of mine tried to get me into cigars, but woof i'm not 20 anymore

just all weirdly burping up stink days later, like a costco hotdog

also the nicotine can really gently caress up your sleep schedule

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
if you smoke cigarettes you should be more worried about emphysema and heart disease which will almost certainly getcha

lung cancer is horrific but relatively quick and cheap, compared to most cancers

if the government really wanted to save money on healthcare they'd subsidize cigs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
hell yeah dude

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

political bits im workshopping: gay triumph the insult comic dog

for me to buttfuck

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Cuttlefush posted:

quite clear they went innsmouth style insane in the course of making it. and now they're a crypto currency. you think that's still just weird and silly?

what's weird about it is that it's conflating the entirety of cspam with the trump thread imho

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

speng31b posted:

i think at the time it was conceived / created the trump thread was probably pretty close to being that. since 2016-2020 batshit electoralism stuff died down more of cspam emerged and the trump thread receded

go read the op of the book thread again, it's just a bunch of jacking off about trump thread posters and idiotic catchphrases

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

lobster shirt posted:

oh the cspam book talk reminded me of something funny. this guy

is also

a book purchaser

that guy is a finnish yosposter btw

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

the last guy who tried to clean house in cspam blew his head off

In This Update I Murder My Fiancee and Unborn Child

the signs were all there

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

lmao whats the deal with that seattle guy

whoa

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
pinochet was just a big fan of helicopters ok

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

copy posted:

for some reason this reminded me of a time where some weirdo dnd podcast guy was posting here (i think the one who got an australian court to make anoyher tradgames poster write an apology post for calling him a sex predator or something) and he showed this tattoo on his arm of his girlfriend's preexisting conditions and it was like IBS and poo poo and another poster replied saying he'd done that too and a picture of his arm with "butt porblems" written on it in sharpie

hahahaha

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Poppers posted:

Numbers guy is back everyone. And he's here to get sexx0red in his rear end

Best Pussy Disease

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
wait wait the ibs tattoo dumbass is that rapist who consulted for d&d 5e? lmao

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
bust rodd posted normal in the commander thread

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

lobster shirt posted:

the edit to the op of that thread really is something else

whenever i see herstory post i'm reminded of the time they pissed their pants in qcs about needing emergency intervention about people arguing in d&d

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
why are people calling dibs on on-street parking

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

spot dibs is real and insane. the very first time I ever saw real physical violence was seeing someone move a lawn chair to park then the guy (ostensibly) whose spot it was run out of the apartment and pull the guy out of his car and beat the brakes off him

see that just sounds like an excellent way to get yourself shot

yankees are nuts

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mr Hootington posted:

You shovel the spot. You get the spot.

the privatization of public space should be opposed wherever it occurs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
how are these people home to defend "their" spot when they had to shovel it out to go someplace anyway

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mr Hootington posted:

Do you live somewhere it snows?

lol no

but i'm from louisiana where it's legal and normal for people to keep guns in their cars

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i think numbers guy's posts should probably start being blanked

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

anyways that reminds me, i bought one of those weeaboo hanzo japanese double-sided knife sharpener whetstones. been meaning to git gud at using it but i'm too forgetful to remember to soak it overnight. my knives are getting a little on the dull side. considered trying to get it sharpened by those fm stalls that do it but its too much $$$, they charge more than some of my knives are even worth

the butcher department at the grocery store near me does knife sharpening

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i sleep in blocks of 3-4 hours because small children waking in the night have destroyed that part of my brain

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mr Hootington posted:

Work just called and canceled our shift tomorrow due to the impending snowstorm. Need that scratch, but a three day is good.

we get a 3-day here because MLK Day is monday and my employer isn't racist

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

it turns out that hospitals dont really have holidays so if i want mlk day off i have to take pto

you should sign up at the VA they get all the holidays even juneteenth

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

lobster shirt posted:

wife and i both have monday off, should be a fun day since daycare is still open

hell yeah

unfortunately the schools are closed here so we'll be bringing the 6 year old to nice lunch and then swear her to silence for the two littler ones

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Lib and let die posted:

is that the guy constantly handwringing about the frickin chuds in frickin florida?

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I think trump is a fascist and supporting him is supporting fascism. Every one knows I think this and I’ve been rather consistent about it since the primaries for 2016.

We aren’t going to agree on that. and I’m autistic so good with luck socially pressuring me to think anything.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Buck Wildman posted:

I'm only just now getting back into my model work

i've gotta buncha necromunda stuff to paint up but my oldest really wants to help me build the stuff outta the new epic box so we're gonna be doing that this weekend instead

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

with jamie clayton as pinhead

whoa didn't know this

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you must watch all of the hellraiser movies to understand the meaning of pain and pleasure

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
rubix cubes are a kind of fidget cube

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i liked both of the Warlock movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
in the first one the witch hunter guy boards an airplane holding a bigass weathervane

one of the flight attendants is all "can i take that for you sir" and he growls at her YOU CAN HAVE IT WHEN YOU PRY IT FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS