Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

He is likely to pick someone that appeals to his base at this point, I don't think he is going to go looking for a moderate anyone. I don't see him having a VP that has ever criticized him or ran against him in any capacity. He wants someone that will give him unquestioning loyalty and will be happy to stand by if he tries to consolidate power or perform a coup. Noem meets that requirement, and because she is a woman Trump can make unflattering comparisons between VPs based deeply in racism and misogyny, which will appeal to his base. Having the VP be a subservient woman will also appeal to his base and Evangelicals. She seems like the perfect pick; there is no need to find a moderate to mollify undecided voters at this point. Everyone knows who Trump is and what they are going to get with him, and they know the VP will be powerless to reign in any of his behaviour.

Its gonna be Katie Britt or Elise Stefanik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

redshirt posted:

I'm so tired of every election being a civilization defining event, but, alas, here we are again.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

IncredibleIgloo posted:

He is likely to pick someone that appeals to his base at this point, I don't think he is going to go looking for a moderate anyone. I don't see him having a VP that has ever criticized him or ran against him in any capacity. He wants someone that will give him unquestioning loyalty and will be happy to stand by if he tries to consolidate power or perform a coup. Noem meets that requirement, and because she is a woman Trump can make unflattering comparisons between VPs based deeply in racism and misogyny, which will appeal to his base. Having the VP be a subservient woman will also appeal to his base and Evangelicals. She seems like the perfect pick; there is no need to find a moderate to mollify undecided voters at this point. Everyone knows who Trump is and what they are going to get with him, and they know the VP will be powerless to reign in any of his behaviour.

There are like a dozen Republican women vying for VP at this point. It would be easy to pass on Noem for this

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

radiolab had an episode about weather forcasting, and its 3rd act/conclusion is that gov. weather services are one of the major public good trophies that private biz wants to kill and profitize.

also reminder dont use accueweather because its own by the above crazy libertarians that wants to privatize basic data measurement like thermometers

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

kazil posted:

There are like a dozen Republican women vying for VP at this point. It would be easy to pass on Noem for this

Yeah but Donald Trump hates animals and it's riling the base

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

Yeah but Donald Trump hates animals and it's riling the base

It's going to be Loomer

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Nah Laura Loomer said hurting dogs is bad, but said nothing about abortion in the same breath

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

HELLO WORLD

YOU HAVE BEEN LOOMERED

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Trump would be taking a big risk picking a vp who’s willing to kill based purely on foul smells

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

This might turn my mom's vote at least. I know, one vote in California is meaningless, but at least it means one less popular vote. Her dog is old, useless, blind and full of health problems and she loves the dang pup. It's basically a roomba that vacuums treats at this point. She's actually super cute.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Loomer is a tryhard

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

This might turn my mom's vote at least. I know, one vote in California is meaningless, but at least it means one less popular vote. Her dog is old, useless, blind and full of health problems and she loves the dang pup. It's basically a roomba that vacuums treats at this point. She's actually super cute.

Sounds a lot better than the roomba I had actually.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

This is a neat 2012 flashback to Romney's dog on the roof of the car on a long trip

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

This is a neat 2012 flashback to Romney's dog on the roof of the car on a long trip

Like I said earlier, the GOP have a proud modern tradition of going all-in on animal abuse in presidential elections

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I know a guy that keeps hemming and hawwing about voting for Biden because of student loans (he never had one) and the border (he's not left the mid Atlantic for 20 years) but if there's one single issue I know he'll never vote for Trump over it's having a VP who killed a dog.

I actually wonder where he's getting gop pilled from because we have pretty much all mutual friends and he doesn't watch the news or use social media. Dude had a flip phone until like 6 years ago.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

I know a guy that keeps hemming and hawwing about voting for Biden because of student loans (he never had one) and the border (he's not left the mid Atlantic for 20 years) but if there's one single issue I know he'll never vote for Trump over it's having a VP who killed a dog.

I actually wonder where he's getting gop pilled from because we have pretty much all mutual friends and he doesn't watch the news or use social media. Dude had a flip phone until like 6 years ago.

I hope you can find a way to flip him because student loans suck and immigrants rule. Dogs drool but in a very cute and loveable way.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

He do podcasts?

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
the party of chauvin and rittenhouse now shoots dogs to own the libs

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Carlos Lantana posted:

the party of chauvin and rittenhouse now shoots dogs to own the libs

This is goat erasure. :(

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I have some local goats named Bilbo and Frodo and when they were young and small they were just the cutest thing ever....

And then they grew to like 200 pounds each of solid muscle....

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

AM radio?

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Monica Bellucci posted:

This is goat erasure. :(

I mentioned black phillip by name :)
she gutshot him :(

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nessus posted:

He do podcasts?

Nah he's basically a boomer in all but age and stance on racism/sexism/homophobia. As far as I know his family are all democrats but his parents are getting older and maybe developed some unfortunate opinions. I have absolutely no idea how he can have any strong feelings regarding student loans.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

MrQwerty posted:

Like I said earlier, the GOP have a proud modern tradition of going all-in on animal abuse in presidential elections

There’s a good chance one of the Huckabees is currently strangling a dog for dinner right now. Not to eat, but to place on the table as a centerpiece.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

the Huckaboys remind me of sinister versions of Michael Cera's brothers from the Tim & Eric skit, "Kitty Cat Man"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Carlos Lantana posted:

I mentioned black phillip by name :)
she gutshot him :(

Black Phillip
Black Phillip
He's a Hell
of a Goat

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Nobody else said it but fuckin LMAO

redshirt posted:

I have some local goats named Bilbo and Frodo and when they were young and small they were just the cutest thing ever....

And then they grew to like 200 pounds each of solid muscle....

Goats are funny, man. They went so long developing an evolutionary defense and it completely dissolves in conflict with opposable thumbs. It's like having a dog with built-in convenience handles.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Remember when Mike Huckabee ripped off Warhammer 40k for his weird Christian patriot cartoon?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I shot the puppy~
and I also shot the goat too!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

conceming

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

post more hot dog and post less shot dog

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

The dog thing is the same as every other conservative thing "I control you or you shouldn't exist."

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1784247793848127753

lol what the gently caress? This is so strange, I dont think I can describe it accurately but he's just kind of standing there and pacing a bit while the video of trump plays behind him. No commentary, no insight, just...staring intently because it's all very serious I guess. What is the point of making a video like this? I just kept waiting for him to do something, anything, to justify making this but nope. I can only assume it's a sex thing and he gets off looking at himself while trump is speaking or something

edit; keep in mind this is one of the great legal scholars trump keeps talking about

This is like when my kid gets done watching a Transformers episode that's inspired him. He walks into the room, puffs his chest and shoulders up, squints his eyes, looks off in another direction and takes off running like we're in awe of him and he's got some important mission we just can't comprehend the importance of. Only this is an adult doing it and it looks completely loving ridiculous because holy poo poo grow the gently caress up, man. It's amazing how just completely childish conservatives are.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

tek79 posted:

This is like when my kid gets done watching a Transformers episode that's inspired him. He walks into the room, puffs his chest and shoulders up, squints his eyes, looks off in another direction and takes off running like we're in awe of him and he's got some important mission we just can't comprehend the importance of. Only this is an adult doing it and it looks infinitely more ridiculous because holy poo poo grow the gently caress up, man. It's amazing how just completely childish conservatives are.

lmao that man is responsible for Donald Trump creating a massive natsec issue that will never be dealt with because it happened in Floridia

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Almost Smart posted:

There’s a good chance one of the Huckabees is currently strangling a dog for dinner right now. Not to eat, but to place on the table as a centerpiece.

I thought they did it to absorb its energy.

Afakasi
Jul 9, 2009
I'm guessing Kristi Noem must really hate the John Wick movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!