Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

did biden increase their taxes? I'm not seeing how crashing the economy doesn't hurt them the most here

Your mistake is assuming they care about anything longer out than next week.

If rich folks care about sustained long-term profits they wouldn't be doing everything they can to destroy the very concept in favor of short-term gains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nessus posted:

I mean I understand it’s axiomatic and that’s more important than actual observations but the capitalists seem mixed at best on the prospect of more Trump

I’m not saying they’re somehow good so much as that many of them seem off the Trump train

Which ones are you thinking of? At best they seem to be aiming for a non-Trump Republican nominee but when he wins they are going to shower him with money.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Escape From Noise posted:

Lol. Get hosed, Sinema! Guess we're still saddled with Manchin though.

Manchin announced he's retiring and not seeking reelection.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Escape From Noise posted:

gently caress yeah.

I await the terrible news of his replacement.

His replacement is 100% going to be a Republican. Manchin mostly survived through inertia and basically being a Republican anyway.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You are loving kidding me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I hate clickbait articles like this

He didn't sign up for the primary because he's participating in the caucus

I knew I should have read.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

All jokes about Hunter's Hog aside, it is honestly genuinely so immensely and incredibly hosed up that he's being repeatedly exposed against his will for literally no loving reason. Him being a dude doesn't make that any less lovely and awful.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Didn't it turn out a bunch of secret service people were like full-throated Trump cultists?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

rotinaj posted:

Dan bongino notoriously was a secret service agent for Obama before he went for the right wing grifter song and dance

I mean, secret service is like one of the final evolutions of a cop, of course the chud rate is gonna be much higher than in the general population

Seems like recruiting from the group of people who have openly claimed they have absolutely no responsibility to protect anyone might be a bad idea for the job about protecting someone but what do I know.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My wife has the gift of premonition. Last night she woke up crying, asking "would you still love me if I had fish for feet"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kazil posted:

imagine not being super online about the conservative outrage machine and trying to think of what's wrong with that picture

I genuinely can not figure out what is wrong with it. Like I'd say "Well, maybe it's all women?" but the person getting angry appears to be a woman so...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

beerinator posted:

This guy is named after a pretty good candy bar and a pretty good sandwich condiment.

You're thinking of Mars Mustard.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

This is Youtube's "breaking news" section:

Seems to be a disconnect between what people are saying in here and what literally everyone else is saying.

So genuinely:

People have a vested interest in Trump because he makes them money. He's 'good TV'. He is going to get plastered all over regardless because he gets views.

However his 'historic' win in Iowa has a ton of asterisks next to it, including "Is in Iowa" "Is in Iowa during a massive loving winter chill" "Is a caucus" and "He was assumed to win no matter what."

I think painting it as bad news for Trump is a bit much but it isn't super great news either.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Why exactly are they going after furries except for the "A lot of furries are LGBTQ+" angle? Like who is the target audience, 2003 era Something Awful?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It keeps happening but I think it isn't a great idea to start doing the left-leaning equivalent of "Biden had a stroke because he's wobbly in a photo" thing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have to admit I do not see how a marriage can survive a viewpoint of "I am going to support the people who will work to destroy our marriage and if they had their way would make us illegal or execute us". Maybe it's just me but I feel like a partner would find that concept unappealing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Is this supposed to be an "alpha male pose"? It looks uncomfortable and like he's trying hard.

So... entirely on brand?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Steadiman posted:

Oklahoma you say?

(obviously this wouldn't go anywhere but still funny)

"Anime banned in OK"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"We really don't know how this turned into a 10 day standoff with 63 people dead. We SAID peaceful protest."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly if someone can provably defeat and overthrow the divine ineffable creator of the universe then we probably should do what they say.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rockman Reserve posted:

notably, nobody said crime

That is because that is the gay agenda, not weather underground. Please get your liberal conspiracies right.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BigHead posted:

What's the weather underground? Is that an organization that I don't remember, or are they talking the weather that is underground?

'cause I don't like chilly dampness. And if a sentient chilly dampness is going to overthrow the divine creator, the alpha and omega, the lord our savior, and rule the corporeal universe with an iron fist then I don't want to be in this corporeal universe any more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_Underground

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DicktheCat posted:

But weather is above the ground, not under it!

And what, do you think the Reptilians who live beneath our feet don't have sun and rain just like we do? That's very surfacedwellerist of you.
'
The hollow at the center of the Earth has a diverse and flourishing biome.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I genuinely can't imagine a college-educated person who is both a Republican and not pro-Trump. It isn't like Trump isn't espousing the same views as the rest of the party, just louder.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lifespan posted:

Most of my family is Republican and each of those are college educated. None of them voted for Trump in 2016 or 2020 and I am 99% sure they won't vote for him in 2024.

But they still vote Republican otherwise? Weird.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redshirt posted:

I'd ask WTF Biden is supposed to do with the I/P situation, like, Biden doesn't control Israel. But I've given up trying to figure out what the extreme left wing purity brigade wants, since they don't know either.

And of course Russia and the RNC will try and play this up in order to sow dissent and division.

I mean that isn't actually a hard answer. They want him to openly come out and condemn Israel and make the argument that the US should stop supplying aid to Israel until they stop. It's a reasonable request that also just happens to be 100% political suicide.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lifespan posted:

I'm not here to represent their political leanings, but they are all moderate Republicans. I'm sure they would be RINOs in the chuds eyes because they don't appear to really follow the drama of party, just use the label to represent their fiscal beliefs. :shrug:

I mean the fiscal beliefs of the Republican party are "gently caress the poor, gently caress the oppressed, gently caress the environment, gently caress health care, and gently caress everyone who isn't a vanishingly small amount of mostly white rich people." Like unironically a 'moderate' Republican these days is what we call a center-right Democrat.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Infinitum posted:

How'd he go crazy? I thought he was Cool and Good

He's a weird "COVID was a MANMAN VIRUS" insano now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

funeral home DJ posted:

Honestly, I don’t know how it’s possible to square the circle that is being a Republican and not being pro-Trump, he’s the goddamned dictator of the party’s ideals and has all but received the party’s nomination within two smaller state primaries.

Saying you’re Republican but anti-Trump is like wearing Klan robes and the pointy hat, but saying that you find the racism part of the movement disgusting.

To be honest I suspect anyone who claims to be Republican but anti-Trump is just trying to say something to family members/friends/etc to try to avoid getting them upset under the assumption that someone's problem is with Trump specifically and not the things he espouses. Seems to work a lot too considering how many people are willing to go "Sure, we have political differences, but they're family" and look the other way.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The stereotype for tech people is furries and/or trans, not MAGA.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

Couldn't help but read it as your serious looking luigi av saying it.

Luigi would know! Dude regularly dresses up as raccoons and cats and has an Elephantsona.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I hate to be the one to tell you this but that was a joke.

No it wasn't?

Dude even came out and sulked about it.

"“The larger problem with all of this is the inability to discuss things that are within the realm of possibility without falling into absolutes and litmus-testing each other for our political allegiances as it arose from that,” "

He literally said it was a bit about how he really feels.

"“My bigger problem with that was, I thought it was a pretty good bit that expressed kind of how I felt, and the two things that came out of it were, I’m racist against Asian people, and how dare I align myself with the alt-right.”

Dude flat-out believed the racist conspiracy theory and got pissy when he got called on it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Asking a jury to come up with an amount of money that will make Donald Trump stop being a baby is like asking them to come up with an amount that will revive the dead. Might as well just put an infinity sign there.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"In the matter of the 72nd trial for defamation, we find that Donald Trump is now the legal property of the Ms. Carroll. This unprecedented ruling follows after Mr. Trump has continued to defame her even after the previous judgments of "All his money" "His fingers are cut off so he can't tweet" "His tongue is removed so he can't speak" and the first ever case of someone being banned from the human omniconsciousness."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

Not all of them, but a lot of them. It's a Venn Diagram where the three overlapping circles are:

1) Suffered Some Sort of Brain Damage
2) Hated By Family Members (such as parent or spouse)
3) Creative Hack and Frustrated About It

e: For example, Pmurt here falls into the overlap of 1 (from years of stimulant abuse) and 2, Benny Shaps is likely 2 and 3, and Kevin Sorbo is 1 and 3

The brain damage thing is unironically one of my biggest fears. The idea of getting injured and basically devolving into someone hateful and disgusting is genuinely terrifying to me on a level worse than death.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NoiseAnnoys posted:

brain damage doesn’t make you hateful it just removes your filter

Eh, I've heard both ways and I'm not particularly eager to be a test case.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder how Rudy would feel if he ended up owing more than Trump.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean he's going to defame her more in the next ten minutes so this is basically just a stopgap for next time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raku posted:

He's probably spent $10M on lawyers so far so you're not that wrong

Trump doesn't pay his lawyers so he's spent nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

2,272 hours of community service, to be served before Nov 5th, 2024. Keep him busy cleaning up trash on the highway til election day.

Also, they should just keep calling the exact same jurors back for each defamation trial, just make them more and more sick of this poo poo.

I am pretty sure all the jurors are going to have to spend 2024 worrying their names are going to be leaked and someone is going to firebomb their house.