Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Loling for Gutter Phoenix in the new thread, in hopes he'll return someday happy, healthy and loling too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

caleb posted:

Nussy, nussy, nussy, marijuana.
Nussy, nussy, nussy.

Terracotta pie!

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

emSparkly posted:

Remember when Lil Pump did a song for trump and immediately went from being one of the most streamed rappers of the year to an absolute nobody? :lol:

wikipedia posted:

Gazzy Fabio Garcia[6][7] (born August 17, 2000), known professionally as Lil Pump, is an American rapper. He rose to prominence as part of the SoundCloud rap scene in the late 2010s, gaining distinction for his minimalist music and rambunctious public persona. Born and raised in Miami, Florida, he garnered mainstream attention following the release of his 2017 single "Gucci Gang," which peaked at number three on the US Billboard Hot 100 and preceded his eponymous debut studio album in October of that year.

"Gucci Gang," despite being panned by critics and audiences, was certified quintuple platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA),[8] while the album of which it preceded peaked at number three on the US Billboard 200. In the following two years, he saw continued success with his singles "I Love It" (with Kanye West featuring Adele Givens), "Esskeetit", "Drug Addicts", "Butterfly Doors", "Be Like Me" (featuring Lil Wayne), and "Welcome to the Party" (with Diplo and French Montana featuring Zhavia Ward) for the Deadpool 2 soundtrack.[9][10] His second studio album, Harverd Dropout (2019) peaked at number seven on the Billboard 200. His third studio album, Lil Pump 2 (2023) was released to generally favorable reviews despite failing to chart in any known territory.

yeah that's a lol

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

I find it difficult to not see Trump's 24/7 lashing out and desperate attacks against everyone and everything to NOT be a portent of doom for America as a whole. You really can't walk back from this. When your country elects someone who refuses to even pretend that he's not above the law, whose sole goal in life is enriching himself to the detriment of other people, the concept of law, and the institution of American politics, and (most of) them are screaming, raging, pounding on windows demanding to be allowed to do so again, I think it's pretty bleak.

Where do we go from here?

Shishkahuben fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 9, 2024

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Serious_Cyclone posted:

If anything I think the biggest threat to emerge from the Trump era is the GOP, having demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt that they will throw the country into dictatorship the very second they have the leverage to do it, and there are essentially zero elements of the GOP that would put up any resistance. At least for myself, the "it won't happen here" mentality was based on a belief that the two parties are uninterested in rocking the boat enough to upset the power dynamic they already benefit from. It's clear to me now that the GOP is looking to flip this bitch over and tip us all into the water.

Not a lot we can do about it, other than to acknowledge it. Which US society still completely sucks at.

Yeah, this. The fact that trungo might be an anomaly in terms of "charisma", mass appeal, or whatever else is really secondary to the fact that Republicans are perfectly happy to throw their support behind whatever monster promises to make the libs suffer. The mask is off. Every election has become a matter of stopping the Guild of Calamitous Intent from seizing control, because when they do, they'll start thrashing until whatever was there is in bloody shreds.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

MrMojok posted:

Put me down for Two Hundred Twenty-Six Million of your American dollars

For the last time, they're EVERYONE'S dollars, Ax.

Toxic Mental posted:

:siren: Mod challenge time :siren:

Person who guesses closest without going over Trump's fine for his NYC civil trial with the RACIST IG Letitia James gets a gift cert.

People who is closest while going over gets a special one-of-a-kind handmade 6er image courtesy of me.

Speaking of, $173,270,000, ten grand for every dead Yeerk.

Shishkahuben fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 10, 2024

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

If they dump Johnson this month, they can get two or three more in before election day

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Serious_Cyclone posted:

proof that Ron Desantis does literally everything with wincing contempt

Escape From Noise posted:

No kidding. This is him apparently preparing food at the Iowa state fair.

"wincing contempt" really is the best word for it. He really kicks my bully instinct into high gear. Someone find me a locker big enough to stuff this sniveling loser into.

The fact that the sign is upside down really is the icing on the cake.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Roundup Ready posted:

Only kinda slightly related, but my absolute unit of a goldfish died early today. Related only because we got him during Fetterman's Senate race, and named fish after him. RIP John Fetterman the fish. You'll be missed.

God took the wrong Fetterman. :(

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

That's kickass. I wanna do that.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Lol she's crossing the rubicon

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

300 posts between midnight and now and it turns out to be goons gooning out over ancient memes and self checkout (????)

goddamn it

PainterofCrap posted:

I use the hand scanner and take nothing out of my cart. Self-checkout owns.

I'm gonna take your lunch money

Shishkahuben fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jan 11, 2024

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Lol Trump studied for the first time in his entire life and got told to sit down and shut up.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Can't believe the republican strategy of throwing hundreds of thousands of dollars at every wingnut lunatic running for local office hasn't done anything besides bankrupt state offices and make these fuckers more visible when their grift runs out.

E: "Catholic University of New Spain?" Oh, the viceroy won't be pleased to hear how she's squandered His doubloons!

Shishkahuben fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 11, 2024

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Sumatra_7 posted:

Little late, but this thread goes fast. Why get the dictionary banned? Is a true believer or is it some dickbag who thinks it’s funny?

Some culture warrior trying to burn books for being too neutral woke toward minorities

or someone purposefully getting ridiculous books pulled to prove a point about the absurd law

Shishkahuben fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 12, 2024

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

emSparkly posted:

I think the thing is that the local elections are going poo poo for the Rs because there are more Trump voters than Republican voters, if that makes sense. Like, most Trump freaks probably could care less about realpolitik and just want orange man in the white house because he says what they think.

tl;dr more R votes will come in the general election than midterms because Trump is on the ticket himself.

When the R candidate is a whackjob, it motivates a lot of people to vote against them who might otherwise not care about local elections. My hometown school board had two chuds endorsed by Moms for Liberty running against two progressives. I saw lots of childhood friends who I thought were fairly apolitical campaigning against someone we played baseball with because he was railing against a "globalist peddling lies from Hollywood."

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Chuds are getting a little too friendly toward reporters who loving hate them and it's kinda nice to see one get slapped for it. Let the gently caress apologize before he gets more airtime.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

oh, how the fallen have continued to fall

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Batterypowered7 posted:

Desanshits is 45, though.

the first millenial president

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Getting a lot of "Trump thinks he's a mob boss" questions already answered by my endorsement by a disgraced loser mob boss.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

What, did he trade outfits with his mother-in-law?

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

redshirt posted:

Just a few more weeks till Trump gets to hate on a new judge. The scariest judge of them all.

God? that'd be pretty rad

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

It kinda rules that trungo hasn't, to my knowledge, elaborated on any campaign promises, hopes for the future, or policies or anything. Every rally has just been vowing to punish anyone who's ever wronged him, or complaining about poo poo that doesn't exist, like needing an ID to go to the grocery store. Seriously, what the gently caress is he talking about?

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

redshirt posted:

Not sure if I read it here or on WaPo, but exit polls indicate 60% of caucus voters last night don't think Biden won legitimately in 2020.

Which is a sobering number if anywhere close to accurate.

That actually sounds lower than I'd expect for a crowd of people who'd risk death by exposure for the chance to vote for president and minor deity Dingle J Tingle. I wouldn't extrapolate that data point into any actual conclusions about America at large.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

fat jokes and literal dick measuring contests? good god

Karma Comedian posted:

Must be a slow lol day this thread is getting lovely

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Aramis posted:

Big semi-perfect cell energy here.

Donnie looking really freaking nettled.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Aramis posted:

Quick and dirty, and came out a lot more sinister than expected, possibly unfairly so, but here you go:

Holy guacamole that's a lol

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Every once in awhile I see something that makes my jaw drop

This is one of those times

This implies that his archnemesis is a Professor X-type who beams horny thoughts into his brain to defeat him

which would absolutely work, since Colossal Man appears to be the secret identity of Sterling Archer.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

every engineer and IT tech just made plans to flee Oklahoma permanently.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Should have gone with Nut Busters.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

WHY BONER NOW posted:

My former boss married a catholic girl and had to take classes before they could have a catholic wedding. One of the thought experiments was "if you crashed your car into a river and there was only time to save one person, would it be your kid or your wife"

The answer was to save the wife, so you could continue making babies

That's incredible. My dad likes to tell the story about how he was supposed to take this class, but got out of it by bribing the priest with logistical services (flying antique furniture out of the Philippines). I never knew what they actually entailed.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Catastrophe posted:

YOU! I wanna take you to a mistrial!

I'M GONNA SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY

ON A MISTRAL
MISTRIAL
MISTRIAL
MISTRIAL

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Further proof the most dangerous place for kids is not with drag queens but with evangelicals

https://twitter.com/antifaoperative/status/1748035494640828443?s=20

quote:

BLACKWELL — A Blackwell church pastor and his wife are behind bars on allegations of child abuse and kidnapping.

Blackwell police arrested Keith Holt, 58, and Candi Holt, 53, Tuesday at their home in the 700 block of west Blackwell Ave.

Police report that at the beginning of the year, the Department of Human Services notified police of a couple who had left several children alone while they went to Arkansas.

DHS officials began an investigation and reportedly learned that the family, consisting of eight children, moved from Arkansas to Blackwell eight months ago. DHS reportedly received several referrals with concerns about what was going on in the house with the kids.

On Jan. 14 police and DHS went to the residence to check the welfare of the children and the Holts refused to open the door. Official returned to the residence on Jan. 15 and experienced the same outcome. On Jan. 16 DHS workers and Lt. Cory Ingram went to the address and this time the parents answered the door and let DHS and Lt. Ingram into the residence.

After a short investigation at the house Lt. Ingram had enough probable cause to arrest the Holts on child abuse allegations.

Police report that during the investigation it came to light that Keith Holt, who identified himself as the Lead Pastor at the House of Prayer Church in Blackwell, had been abusing several of the children in his home by beating them with a wooden board sometimes up 40 times per beating and also locking them in the bathroom for several days without food and water as punishment. The children were also reportedly beat with a belt.

Officials report that this was common practices inside the house.

Sources at the church say that Holt has been filling in for pastor John Jack who is ill.

All of the children were taken into custody and will be forensically interviewed.

Police report that it is a very large and complex child abuse case that could possibly have up to eight victims who have been abused for an unknown amount of time. This case is still on going at this time.

The Holts were transported to the Kay County Detention Center this afternoon.

Keith Holt is being held on child abuse, kidnapping, and child neglect allegations while Candi Holt is being held on enabling child abuse, kidnapping, and child neglect.

The probable cause affidavit is being submitted to the district attorney office for review. Other charges are possible as the investigation continues. Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact the the Blackwell Police Department.

holy guacamole they sure know how to pick substitute preachers in oklahoma

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

rotinaj posted:

All other things aside, that is a doughy and immature looking 58, god drat

For real. I have family form Oklahoma so I was prepared to guess he was a rough and weathered 33.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

isn't this the dude who got banned from Anthrocon for being too much of a nazi? or is there another confederate fursuit guy

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I know it’s been said before but he HAS to be trolling

nick adams is a chud "comedian" and posting his engagement bait here to laugh at is still engaging with bait. for the love of gently caress can we please stop taking the easy bait.

anyway. trogdor seems to be throwing his considerable weight behind Eric Deters in his bid for governor of kentucky. let's see what he's about.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/northern-...nephew-in-truck

quote:

Eric Deters, candidate for Kentucky governor, pleads guilty to charges connected to chasing nephew in truck

COVINGTON, Ky. — Eric Deters, a candidate for Kentucky governor, pleaded guilty to three misdemeanor charges after police said he chased down his nephew and sent harassing messages to his sister-in-law.

In a release, the Kenton County Attorney's Office said Deters entered guilty pleas for one count of menacing and two counts of harassing communications. Court documents claim Deters chased down his nephew at Sugar Ridge Farm in October 2022.

The nephew told police he drove to the farm, owned by his father Jeremy Deters, to hunt and saw his uncle in his truck at the end of the driveway. He flipped Deters off, leading to Deters chasing him "down the paved driveway, through the Sugar Ridge Farm, across the fields, back onto Green Road near the cemetery, and returning to the gravel parking lot of the farm," court documents say.

Deters pleaded guilty to the menacing charge related to the chase after the presentation of evidence.

The harassing communications charges are connected to a voicemail and text messages Deters left for his nephew's mother. In one 47-second voicemail, Deters used slurs against the LGBTQ+ community to refer to his nephew and brother. He also threatened to beat the nephew up.

"Uncle Eric doesn't f*****g play," Deters said in the voicemail. "I don't play."

Deters was sentenced to 90 days in jail for each count, adding up to 270 days. The sentence was conditionally discharged for the next two years.

"The Kenton County Attorney’s Office is dedicated to seeking justice on behalf of victims who are wronged by criminal acts, regardless of who the perpetrator is. Mr. Deters’ conduct in this case was inappropriate and criminal under Kentucky law. We are pleased that justice was served today for the victims involved," said Drew Harris, chief prosecutor of the Kenton County Attorney's Office.

Deters is one of several candidates — including Daniel Cameron, Kelly Craft and Ryan Quarles — running in the Republican primary. According to WCPO partner LINKnky, he said the pleas "do not affect any way, shape or form my ability to run for governor."

He's a homophobe who likes running children down in his truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dyqajc77iY

he filmed this long-rear end rant about how pissed he is that he can't use the N-word

https://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/article274906381.html

quote:

Deters has raised almost $778,475 as of 15 days before the election, almost all of it loaned by himself. He touts the support of national Trump-supporting groups like Born to Ride for 45 and Bikers For Trump in his campaign materials. Deters has spent a signficant amount of money organizing and putting on Freedom Fests around the state — the main event drew thousands to his Northern Kentucky farm. He has argued that spending money on high-dollar conservative guests at his Freedom Fest rallies, which have included conservative stars like Trump’s sons, Dinesh D’Souza and Candace Owens, do not qualify as campaign expenses.

He pays out of pocket to fly the trumplings and other miscellaneous grifters to his events.

he's the perfect Republican candidate: a loud, stupid rear end in a top hat who jumps at every opportunity to give money to the trumps. he's like the endgame, palette-swapped version of your average level 1 chud with more HP and a 1/126 rare drop chance.

Shishkahuben fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 22, 2024

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

if we got a new group of chuds going to federal prison for this poo poo every election cycle, i'd never get tired of seeing it

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

idk let's ask some doofus with a coif and lifts where the real men are

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

PA is its own thing because its slowly going bluer because of various stuff. but yeah good.

also https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1749871573295624485

gently caress OK.

LMAO OF loving COURSE IT'S OKLAHOMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

what happens if Haley wins the primary? Like, actual process results, not Teubgo getting so angry he lunches the wall.