Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

Three Olives posted:

Like, I know people want to pin some crazy ideological belief on me, but 100% of the reason I drive an electric car is, I don't like buying gas or taking my car to the dealership for an oil change and being told I need a new belt or whatever. That is 100% the reason I drive an electric car, I don't like buying gas and having my oil changed, there is zero political ideology attached to it, I just don't like buying gas. And what I have heard for the last 3 years is how much conservatives hate buying gas too, so...

My god, yes, this constantly. Like, seriously, listen to yourself, do you think I am loving insane? No, I am not paying $100 a week to charge my car, do you really think I am too liberal to drive an GLS? Because I would in a heartbeat for that kind of money.

Yknow sometimes you have good points

But

gently caress you 3 Olives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

I think more and more fandoms are also finally starting to have reckonings with the right-wing shitbags that have infiltrated their spaces since 2014/2016 like the furries did earlier this decade. Star Wars, for example, is currently undergoing a widespread internal movement to maybe finally flush all the loving misogynists and incels out to sea after the biggest Star Wars YouTuber had some chud psychologist on his show and she went "Women don't like Star Wars, it's not a space for girls, there should be fewer women in Star Wars, not more" and he nodded along and went "Yep, keeping women out of my sacred space wizard cartoon is Priority 1", and so now female and non-incel male Star Wars fans are rising up and going "gently caress you, you gatekeeping weirdo(s), Star Wars if for everyone" in a way that hasn't really been seen before.

I am a turbo Warhammer nerd and have seen this from the inside. Hardliner chud dickheads are trying to keep newcomers out in order to prevemt the "tainting of their fandom". To this I said what would have happened if the old guard 20 years ago had kicked you out? What would have happened to all of your good sci fi fascism times if those greybeards didn't let you in? Without new blood any community will die, which means it becomes the duty of veterans to introduce newbs and make sure they have a good time.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

Three Olives posted:

Worried every day if I can make it to work and how much it is going to cost me.

gently caress you.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

The N word:

Ndictment

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

Zero VGS posted:

I think they started with "hey those uniforms look sharp" and alternate history fiction, and attracted the kind of misfits who want attention even if it is negative attention. Then they go from doing it ironically to doing it not-so-ironically because they're dipshit kids.

Same way some anime nerds were heiling Hitler across the street from the Holocaust Memorial in Boston:

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

MadcapLaughs posted:

My apologies if that's been posted.

I cannot stop watching your av. It's hypnotic.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

cr0y posted:

Sup PSU goon. I remember their was always that guy by old main constantly ranting about some insane Jesus poo poo but it was a long time ago and I can't remember what particular flavor of crazy he was.

Another PSU goon here. That was Gary, the Willard Preacher. He is Greek Orthodox. Pretty cool guy to talk with actually.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

FMguru posted:

Wreak, wreak, it rhymes with (Trump) Steak.

Then I guess we should wreak the forests to prevent forest fires this year.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

JOHNSON SAVED BY JEFFRIES'S D PARTY!! R'S SCHLONGED! (A common election term!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

Grey Cat posted:

I'll slam my penis in a car door.

https://youtu.be/9ywnLQywz74?si=YnVNDjUIkYxLU0Fa