Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

credburn posted:

What is this chant they do at like 13 seconds in?

"Whose streets? OUR STREETS! ... hrlrllurlurlrlrul... HRLRLULUUU!!"

Without watching and based purely on your description I'm going to guess it's their secret passcode "uhuru". They won't let you into the club house if you don't know it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXpffMXUcAg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Outrail posted:

CP stands for Cool Pals so I have four CP in one of my friend groups and they each have three CP.

Yeah tell it to the judge pal.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Dick Fontaine posted:

trying to imagine that one person out there who’s gonna champ it through a blizzard to vote for nikki haley

You're just picturing Nikki Haley in the snow.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

kazil posted:

just lmao

It could be mayo but I bet it's moisturiser.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Stoatbringer posted:

Why doesn’t MTG simply order the Jewish Space Lasers to take out the HAARP antennae?

Since when can a thawed out caveman boss the Intergalactic Jewry about?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Wtf is that edited? He’s so loving orange

lol yeah that's bronzer. I think the lighting just makes it look oranger than usual.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

lmao

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Somebody order a pizza and get a set of scales. We'll stay up all night if we have to.

VV lol

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

deoju posted:

What is the meaning? I'm not fluent in Chud, and thank God for that.

Come on it's obvious. The firemen are paedophiles, Trump is the sheriff and he's bringing them children.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Strong Sauce posted:

does trump serving cheese pizza (CP??) mean he's into "serving" children for pedophilia? no, no! he is _fighting_ pedophilia. biden eaten a cheese pizza? HE LOVES EATING CHILDREN.

He's wearing the hat so it's a trap. He's playing 5d chess and he has them right where he wants them - in the firestation.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

funeral home DJ posted:

“What’s that boomer doing to their country?!”

I know “generic name number” accounts are universally known as bots and all but I don’t know who the gently caress would pay a bot farm to pretend DeSantis is even going to break 10% on the polls.

The DeSantis campaign would and seemingly did.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

TulliusCicero posted:

Is that the dude's mom?

Because she looks like a mom

It looks like a fox news host. Can they give birth to human children?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
No. Not like this. He was supposed to explode spectacularly at some press event.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

muscles like this! posted:

The best thing about DeSantis' failure is that this means he's completely done in politics. He isn't allowed to run again for Gov next term, there's no Senate seat open for a while and nobody is going to be backing him in 28. He's dunzo.

At the moment he's probably relieved to have some reprieve from the constant humiliation. Still there's his remaining time as Governor and the Disney lawsuits - he might yet wig out at some presser.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

This meme is grotesquely over-stating how exciting a Nikki Haley political even is.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Oh, non non monsieur tu dis "Pee Olives".

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Escape From Noise posted:

Loomer is now a train.

So that's why she got all that work done. Face first into a bus. I'll be damned.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

chainchompz posted:

I'm actually surprised he's that coherent. A lifetime of stimulants and benzos really did a number on the guy. Cynically, the GOP just needs him as a rubber stamp for whatever they want done and they don't care that he's already a vegetable. Going to be interesting to see how it actually shakes out.

A huge part of this years politics will be which decrepit old man sundowns publicly enough first (what enough is, I don't know) that it becomes undeniable even within their own campaign. It could be either of them. It could be both if they're bad enough incidents. Don't be surprised if you're earnestly asked to vote for the lest senile candidate come November.

"When we asked him last week he still knew what year it was. He thinks it's December and he's already won the election but the other guy literally thinks it's 1987."

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Thank you for putting it so earnestly. You're right Biden is definitely way less senile.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

That's a bold claim Mr Boy Scout. I'd like to see these orgasms for myself before I pass judgement.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

cr0y posted:

It will absolutely never loving happen but if Haley would take NH the meltdown would be just... Oh my god the meltdown.... The biggest and most perfect meltdown

De Santis just dropped out and because the universe hates him almost as much as we do she might just pull it off so he's forever left wondering "if only I'd stayed in for one more week."

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is it a faux pas or a crime for a lawyer to lie to a judge like that?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

PhazonLink posted:

the want their euro whiteness thats inside their heads.

or the roman one. (didnt Rome have communal toilets?)

We have communal toilets today, and most people don't think twice about using them.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Spinz posted:

Huh

They laughed because penal sounds like penis?

I'm just kinda surprised because that's got to be a common word

It's part of the penal code to giggle at the word penal and people that don't do it should be sent to penal colonies.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Grey Cat posted:

Jesus, he's so orange.

You can tell that whoever does his makeup just says "Ok shuts your eyes tight" and spray paints it on.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Cornwind Evil posted:

I recently, after having not done so for a long time, went to an adult dancing club. And I had to keep poking myself in the back of the head. Remember, this is a job. She wants your money. She doesn't actually like you or likely find you interesting or funny. She's likely having forgotten your existence five minutes after she left your presence. At the VERY BEST, she might remember you as a polite customer who tipped well and only if she runs into an rear end in a top hat later. And then, only briefly. By the next day you are gone from her mind. It's all a schtick to get your money. Enjoy the fantasy, but never forget it is that, and don't toss too much money in the grip of such a thing.

But, I suspect whatever microscopic ember of actual, legit liking that lovely lady theoretically may/could have had for me had is 10 million times more than anything anyone has EVER felt towards Donald Trump. And that's what he deserves. The shame is he's such a broken mess he can never realize how sad and pathetic that is.

Wouldn't work. The whole thing about Scrooge was that he was very grumpy and bitter, but under all that he was a decent man and just needed a good hard wallop to remind him that the world is larger and has more potential, even then, than he had come to see it for. Trump has nothing, no heart, no soul, just a screaming void.

Oil and water cannot mix. Nor can you hold any sort of liquid in a sieve.

You have got get better anecdotes to use in your analogies.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Durf posted:

Cruz fled the state when it got cold I highly doubt he’d stick around for a revolution

Oh? Haven't you seen his beard? He's a big tough man now and not some chinless dweeb.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Blurred posted:

This might be a stupid question, but what if he just flat-out refuses to pay? He hasn't been subtle about framing all this as political persecution, so I wouldn't put it past him to 1) try to ignore the warning, and 2) daring the authorities to come at him aggressively, fueling his victimhood complex, but what does that look like, exactly? At what point can they start forcibly seizing assets, and who are "they" exactly?

Assuming he appeals, which he will, then they just take the verdict money he had to put up as collateral to do so.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'll do it cheaper, just send me a cool $500,000 and I'll even block the forums on my router :smuggo:

I don't want to buy your silence, just lease it. How much per day?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Gros Tarla posted:

Why lol.

A light shove would topple the guy

I don't know what their reason is but people like Shapiro et al terrify me because they are successful in our society. Many people listen to them and think they're insightful if not outright geniuses. People have a Ben Shapiro poster up on their wall. People have made adoring art about him. If that doesn't fill you will dread for your fellow man, I don't know will.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Coolguye posted:

successful is an extremely big word for benny s

he is already a nobody any time he walks outside. no media organization less fringe than newsmax takes him seriously. he doesn't have an audience outside of twitter and would collapse if twitter did.

in terms of financial success, he is almost certainly not much more successful than your average veteran tradesman. an experienced electrician, plumber, welder, etc - probably all make more money than shapiro. arguably they have a more impactful audience, too, since the implicit authority those tradesmen have over more junior tradesmen allows them to not just speak regressive bullshit, but have a reasonable expectation that they will not be instantly blown off because they said it.

people have made fan art of my dumb rear end for making funny let's plays, in spite of the fact i have never done a face reveal and never intend to. i know of at least two people who have gotten said fan art made into posters. i am definitely a loving nobody. that poo poo means a lot less than you'd think.

This is straight up delusional and you completely missed the point.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Coolguye posted:

i mean, my counterpoint to you was that you were overvaluing a lot of things on shapiro's perceived fame and success

it turned out i was wrong on the monetary portion of that, which sucks, but i stand by the whole part where he is nowhere near as popular as this thread tends to give him credit for. which includes you, using him as a portent of existential dread.

You're wrong about all of it and you still missed the point.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Coolguye posted:

i mean you could, for example, try to clarify what you were saying. but you're super aggro on this topic for some reason so whatever man, enjoy being mad and scared about nothing i guess? namaste.

I'm not being aggro. You just keep being wrong and putting words into my mouth.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I think the short version is benny smalls having any sort of cultural cachet is an indictment of the society that allows that

Yeah pretty much, but it's more that the human condition allows for and encourages that sort of thinking and idol worship.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Coolguye posted:

okay, that's a lot different than "dread for your fellow man".

i can jive with "society's flawed because it's not prosecuting these dangerous psychopaths better" though. maybe try just clarifying instead of going "hey, you're delusional, and me saying that isn't aggro" over a misstatement next time?

No I still stand by the dread of/for my fellow man bit. Et al means "and others". Sorry, it's a shorthand a picked up at school. I'm not only or specifically talking about Ben Shapiro. The sort of media he represents exists almost everywhere and it's effective all the time because people are extremely susceptible to that particular kind of messaging.

I said you were being delusional because what you said was utterly unconnected with reality. Ben Shapiro is a rich and famous celebrity with political power in America.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Coolguye posted:

he's really not though, and that was entirely the point behind what you went off about. he's a conservative talking head that is mostly accomplished at grifting psychos who already agree with his ridiculous message. it sucks that they are able to make a living spewing hateful bile, but dread for, or of, your fellow man is a lot to draw from there. these people are not humanity as a whole, nor do they remotely speak for or influence humanity as a whole.

if we were talking MTG then sure i'd feel like you had a point. but benny s ain't it. we've seen actual conservative rally postings with actually influential and famous people in these threads multiple times. shapiro, and his ilk, don't even get honorable mentions. his most recent hate-movie didn't even make a splash on the outrage circuit. all of this is grounded, actual reality.

benny s ain't it.

Conservative talking heads are rich and powerful celebrities in America. Do you just like to argue?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Coolguye posted:

not by random default, they aren't. do you just like to be aggro about random poo poo? jesus.

tried to be understanding, dude. now you're aggro again. namaste x2, have a nice day.

What did you try to be understanding about?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Pirate Radar posted:

Tim Pool thinks magic is real and fluoridation is a plot to stop people from becoming wizards, that’s what I remember

That's so loving stupid. You can't stop a wizard with fluoride. It's not even flammable.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Carth Dookie posted:

Today we learned that the price of leverage over Donald Trump is about $85 million.

I wonder how many banks, criminal orgs (but I repeat myself) and hostile state and non-state actors hold that amount in loans with Trumps name on it.

Gotta be at least half a dozen.

My memory is that Deutsche Bank just wrote off about a $500 mil loan to him. Stop expecting these evil organisations to give you justice. Remember that every bank on the planet is on Trump's side a thousand times before they're on your side. Even if they're involved in litigation with him. They will give him decades to pay back hundreds of millions of dollars in loans he's forfeited on for pennies on the dollar but they'll take your house because you missed $2000 in mortgage payments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Ben Shapiro may not have a huge audience by himself, but he's one of many smol stepping stones on the road from "a girl rolled her eyes at me" to "shooting up a school". At least one mass shooter literally cited him as motivation, so it's hard to completely dismiss him as a harmless doofus.

Do you remember when it became popular for people in left leaning spaces to talk about the exact definitions of fascism? The most popular "fact" people brought up was that a fascist must always treat their enemy as both comically weak and a existential threat at all times. I don't think that sort of Doublethink has anything to do with totalitarianism or fascism. I think it's just something people do with their enemies regardless of politics.