Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
Lol what is this, thread 8?9?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
https://www.salon.com/2024/01/06/presents-interesting-theory-on-how-magnets-work-during-rally-in-iowa/

Fresh wet magnet link for those who didn't catch that last night

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
Anyone have that gif from the other day of trump gobbling hotdogs at high velocity, or the star trek wormhole from last night? I feel those would be fun for the first post in this new thread

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
I mentioned in the end of the last thread there is a chud here at work with a TRUMP shirt on who is all pissed off. Turns out he is mad because his trans lady boss gave him poo poo and said something like, "I thought today was a holiday for you people? You look like you're going to cry, do you need to go home early? It's important to have sympathy for others, so if you feel you need to go home, let me know". She asked me politely not to bother him today because she wants to. Lol

On the one hand, it's kinda lovely that he is being bullied by his manager, but on the other hand, lol get rekt

Guy looks like he is gonna have a heart attack, he is upsetti spaghetti

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

Strong Sauce posted:

Why did everyone on the first page get probed? Deep State?

Because it's funny

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

Agents are GO! posted:

Please keep us appraised

He came back for the second shift wearing camo instead of the TRUMP shirt. He was less angry. I thought about asking him about his tattoos and what they mean, but I was too busy cleaning up all the poo poo that erupts out of the packages from Sams Club and Walmart and didnt have time.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

I hope the court posthumously labels her an insurrectionist terrorist.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
any word on the engoron thing?

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Hopefully this is how Trump leaves Philadelphia

has anyone shopped this to have gold shoes yet?

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
Biden: let me say in closing,
Republicans : clapping
Biden: "hahaha yaaaaaaay" *also claps mockingly*

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

Hazo posted:

ONE WEIRD TRICK TO AVOID SLEEPY JOE’S UNFAIR BILLIONAIRE TAX

lol

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

Hazo posted:

Where are the twitter body language experts telling us that this is, Actually, an alpha pose showing strong aryan female assertiveness while remaining deferent to her male superior

Nah, she looks like a sleeping Draugr from Skyrim

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
lol

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2024/04/santos-debt-long-island-avlon-goroff-congress-il-bacco-marjorie-taylor-greene.html

This made me laugh quite a bit.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

Accipiter posted:

Of course. Thanks for the rational and reasoned discussion/responses. Always appreciate constructive conversation.

Verbally I've gone mostly with "LGBTQ" or sometimes "alternative lifestyle" when needing to refer to the groups of marginalized folks, but most of my friends that fall under those various umbrellas prefer (when necessary) to be identified individually, such as simply "trans" or "gay" or what have you.

I'm gay and I just say rainbow people because I'm sick of keeping track of who does what with what genitals. I cannot keep track of changing progressive terms, despite being extremely progressive. I have never had anyone ask for clarification when I say rainbow people so it seems fairly understood.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

Froghammer posted:

"They keep adding letters to LGBT and I can't keep track of it" is the boomer equivalent of "what's the deal with airline food" and if you catch yourself saying it out loud you should immediately punch yourself in the face as hard as you can

I definitely feel like I should improve but unfortunately I am admittedly stupid and struggle with memory issues and poor choices of words boiled into my brain from high school 20+ years ago. It also doesn't help I'm in a somewhat toxic masculine work environment and accidently pick up bad habits. I long ago gave up on being perfect and I just try to be a good person and not intentionally offend people. I'm always open to improvement and I try hard to learn to be better, but while comments such as the one I have quoted mean well, they're actively hostile and I have learned that many people have a knee-jerk hostile reaction to comments like that where they end up digging in and intentionally being worse or nasty instead of improving. I get this is GBS opinion shitposting and not a super deep discussion, I'm just saying don't be so black and white when stating your opinion in the real world and work on educating no matter how stupid someone is

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
Is the court case gonna be televised? If not, where's a good place to listen to updated news about it without being absolutely bombarded by talking heads speculating dumb bullshit for hours at a time instead of talking about current developments that had been in the infosphere for four hours first? I'll be working all day and won't be able to read the thread or Twitter lawyer threads

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/08/us/rfk-jr-brain-health-memory-loss.html

I make jokes about brainworms all the time, but I wasn't expecting a literal brainworms headline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

lol