Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
:yooge: ELESHIN INNERFERENSH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

kazil posted:

it's because everything is overcooked so much that bacteria can't possibly survive

This was a literal plot point on Invader Zim

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

:byodood: Every generation knows Rightful President Trump won!
[picture my parents forced me to take while we waited for a table at Old Country Buffet for my highschool graduation dinner]

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Source: Nikki Haley's situation

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Aramis posted:

Is there a particular reason why he's got such a bee in his bonnet against her? I'm figuring it's because she was part of his admin, which makes her a filthy unloyal traitor to him, but I'm wondering if there's something else.

NH polling putting her in 2nd place, would be my guess

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Cthulu Carl posted:

Did this vaunted legal scholar miss that she was born in South Carolina, or are they also trying to argue that South Carolina was never re-integrated into the Union and is still actually part of the Confederacy?

The disqualification appears to be based on one particular interpretation of the Constitution by some nobody Trump substacker guy who calls himself a Constitutional scholar on Xwitter.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Escape From Noise posted:

Maybe it'll be that haunted doll that follows him around sometimes.

Yeah I also think it's going to be Ivanka

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Tucker has extreme "kid sitting in his dad's shop and was told to not touch anything" energy in that pic

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Philthy posted:

Biden, and Democrats, just need to point out the inflation is a worldwide thing, and the USA is doing pretty good compared to other countries.

I don't see this as a winning strategy, personally. It's not incorrect, but I don't see how focusing on this moves the needle on getting a new or sometimes dem-voter to go to their polling place on election day. If someone is getting crushed by price increases on everything, they want to know what the candidate plans to do for them here and now.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

People say another January 6th is impossible because the chuds learned their lesson after thousands of them got arrested and sent to prison for it. Nah, it'll happen again if Stinkmeister flat out tells them to do it again. They never learn and never change. Not Trump, not them, never.

Another attempt is certainly possible, but without Trump in charge of the military/police response the outcome inevitably ends even more poorly for them than it did last time.

Ultimately I think this is the real limiting factor for more MAGA violence. Trump has tried to incite hog mobs at various points during his trials but they haven't materialized despite their being flat out told to do it again. But without Trump in the seat of power they are up against the executive, not warring on his behalf, and their terror attempts have been neutered.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Trump being forced to bestow upon Biden any immunity claim he is trying to get for himself is serious :chaostrump: energy

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Coolguye posted:

for all his faults and idiocy he could stand up there and have an uninterrupted stream of consciousness for like 45 loving minutes and barely take a breath. nowadays he looks like he is gasping after 5 minutes.

long COVID

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

rotinaj posted:

There will always be another ghoul but I believe the MAGA movement will end with Trump. In exactly the same way as Lyndon LaRouche, Trump’s followers will not swap over to a new messiah, and will keep supporting their dead hero even after death. They will winnow down over the years and quietly move away from the cult, until they get taken in by a new grifter rear end in a top hat.

Assuming, of course, Trump loses in 2024 and dies from a heart attack.

If anything I think the biggest threat to emerge from the Trump era is the GOP, having demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt that they will throw the country into dictatorship the very second they have the leverage to do it, and there are essentially zero elements of the GOP that would put up any resistance. At least for myself, the "it won't happen here" mentality was based on a belief that the two parties are uninterested in rocking the boat enough to upset the power dynamic they already benefit from. It's clear to me now that the GOP is looking to flip this bitch over and tip us all into the water.

Not a lot we can do about it, other than to acknowledge it. Which US society still completely sucks at.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Toxic Mental posted:

:siren: Mod challenge time :siren:

Person who guesses closest without going over Trump's fine for his NYC civil trial with the RACIST IG Letitia James gets a gift cert.

People who is closest while going over gets a special one-of-a-kind handmade 6er image courtesy of me.

$0

:yooge: TOTAL EXONERATION

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They did an episode that came right out and said trans people getting surgery is just like Stan's dad grafting dolphin pieces onto his body. They've never apologized, just did another episode ten years later that was basically "I guess trans people are okay, whatever, Cartman's going to make another antisemitic joke in a moment anyway"

One of my favorite story-arcs was "lol global warming isn't real manbearpig super serial you guys lol", followed by total radio silence as global warming got worse, eventually followed by "lol global warming is terrible but it's all your fault for refusing to deal with it and just kicking the can down the road, lol who told you to do that you dumb bastards it sure wasn't us!"

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Will the defendant please stand directly on the dementia toe pads and raise his right hand

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

beef sweat posted:

Oh wow i didn’t know that presidents function solely on the commission of crimes that they need immunity for. Interesting stuff. And the only crime that Biden committed is… writing a check to a family member to repay a loan? drat dude that’s crazy

I think it was a relative who wrote the check to repay a loan to Joe. So Joe's crime is that he took possession of a check written to him by a family member to repay a loan.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Imagine Trump Truth if he loses Iowa :lol:

that would seismic

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

proof that Ron Desantis does literally everything with wincing contempt

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nah. he was doomed the second he yelled at that kid for wearing a mask and when he got his rear end kicked by loving crist in the debates. he had standing because the powers that be liked him, then he pissed away the money and pissed away his capital on fighting the mouse and giving book options to psycho chuds and then doubled down and said he would make america the same.

His decision to debate Gavin Newsom was one of the most perplexing choices in all of politics. How do you signal "my race for the presidency is not serious" any louder than entering debates with people who aren't running for the same office??

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Alan Smithee posted:

Johnson threatens an erection

GOP threatens to vacate Johnson before upcoming erection

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

:yooge:

this is all the proof I need that he's related

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

:yooge: I will give my own closing arguments, the most perfect closing arguments I am a closer

Judge: Can you keep your comments relevant to this trial?

:yooge:

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Other than the cost of everyone's time and patience, is there any cost associated with letting Trump bloviate for as long as he wants in lieu of a closing statement?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

The judge is sick of his bullshit and doesn’t have to put up with it anymore.

Right, I think that fits into the "cost of everyone's time and patience" part. I'm just curious if it actually does any material harm to the case if he's allowed to marathon burp into a microphone instead of talk about the case

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Aramis posted:

I'm going to guess that the less Engoron pushes back on those arguments, the more they get to argue on appeal that they were unjustly ignored. If Engoron snips that poo poo in the bud, then they have to argue against said snipping instead of just handwaving at not taking things into consideration.

This seems counterintuitive, but granted I'm not a lawyer. It seems like the more Engoron pushes back on those arguments, the more they get to argue on appeal that they were unjustly ignored.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Oscar Wild posted:

Don't take this as an own, the takeaway for most voters is "government doesn't work"

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive when the GOP is pushing this takeaway message by punching itself in the balls

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

mobby_6kl posted:

No loving way loooooooooooool

I'm seeing references to this being misinformation

e:
https://twitter.com/ralstonreports/status/1745165937828069757

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ok I'ma need y'all to ... posting them ... clickbait stuff ... having 20 people quote the original tweet ... be purveyors of disinformation!!!

I read this pretty quickly but I think I got the gist

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Burns posted:

The entire plan is to paralyze the government. They are doing a good job in that regard.

I don't think anything we've seen from the House GOP qualifies as a plan. Is the idea that they got into a room at some point and said "alright, to paralyze government we're going to continually step on our own balls and pillory our own leadership for doing their job, guaranteeing that we end up with no substantive legislative wins to campaign on"?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

TulliusCicero posted:

Actually they have been pretty loving awful at stopping Biden from doing like... anything

Hell the only thing holding up Biden at all is the dumbfuck SC

Yeah I'm trying to think of a single concession they've gotten from the WH on budget negotiations and I can't come up with anything.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Apollodorus posted:

They’re not planning to campaign on legislative wins, they’re planning to campaign on culture war bullshit and racism.

If that's the case, wouldn't it be helpful for their plan to be passing a ton of culture war bullshit and racist legislation so they can run against Biden's vetoing of everything? I still don't see how alienating their own leadership and spending collectively months failing to elect so much as a Speaker is plan-worthy.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

He has decided to spend more time with his hoagies

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

TulliusCicero posted:

There are people in this thread who truly think the GOP still has some master plan after these 8 years of world class dumbfuckery, and it's like, they can't even agree on the rules of their own leadership, you really think these fucks have a plan?

At its most basic and bare-minimum level, a party can choose leadership. I don't think you can call a group a party if it can't achieve that. And here we are a full year into the Congress and the House GOP still can't clear that bar - a high-jump over a chalk line.

Forget a plan, I don't think they have a party anymore.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

"Do nothing and make noise" is a not-inconceivably-dumb plan for a party that's in the minority, a role that the House GOP appears to take regardless of whether they are in the minority or not.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

TulliusCicero posted:

Aren't all the state parties bankrupt because the Olds keep donating their money to Trump only?

I don't know, I've heard it speculated but there's so much dark money pumping through their party from a small class of ultra wealthy people that it's hard to know exactly where they stand.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Crushing "they paid me to write this song" energy

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

:yooge: "SCREW ME"

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

TulliusCicero posted:

Are you supposed to show private correspondence from a judge before closing arguments?

Just asking

It puts him precariously on the edge of the judge ruling against him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

BrideOfUglycat posted:

There was a rumor yesterday that Dems agreed to save Johnson if he passed the higher budget and that's what he went for. I dismissed it at the time because I don't see Johnson agreeing to work with Dems for anything. It would weaken him more than he already is. On the other hand, if those guys are going in there to pound his desk and threaten to oust him, there would be many LOLs for him to say to go ahead and try because he's got the support of the Dems and they can't get enough votes against him to counter that.

A potential wrinkle for HFC is that Johnson believes he is chosen by God for leadership. So if he needs to cut a deal with Dems to maintain that position, it is by-definition the correct thing for him to do and no threats by HFC can change that.