Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

lol some ladies peed on donald trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

BigglesSWE posted:

I remember these forums were turning themselves silly worrying about the “competent fascist” DeSantis would be, effectively turning into the “Trump minus the baggage” for the GOP.

LoL, lmao even, boy did we whiff that one.

I had the exact same thought yesterday when watching the video of him impotently dealing with the protestors that showed up. But also, Trump so incredibly hosed up the game that you just.. never know.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Grey Cat posted:

Did nobody link the debat?

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/cnn-debate-iowa-01-10-24/index.html

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

now that's a lol

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

ElectricSheep posted:

I think those bagging areas are weight-sensitive and only go off if you pull a bag too soon after loading it or don't move your scanned item to the bag immediately after scanning it.

My trick is to load the first bag, then the second, third, then fourth. Take the first bag and put it in your cart, load the now-empty first bag, rinse and repeat for the other bags.

I think my grocery store gave up on the weight alarm cuz it doesn't go off any more though

if only there were a way to purchase your items that didn't require learning tricks and performing unpaid labor

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

CommieGIR posted:

There's two sides to this - Automation is coming and there really is no argument that being a cashier is a good job. Its an awful job. Its miserable. Its a job not worth saving. Its like saying we should save the horse and buggy industry because 'jobs' despite them being outdated and antiquated.

The loss of these jobs is a key argument why we need Universal Basic Income. We should not save jobs because they are jobs, especially jobs that are just unending misery and repetition. We should be fighting for better means to provide resources to people.

This issues that needs to be solves is better social systems to help people survive without saving lovely, awful jobs.

Oh I don't disagree, I was a grocery store cashier for years in my youth (and I maintain to this day that menial jobs should be mandatory for everyone at some point in their adolescence). As a consumer though I dislike self checkouts, particularly when they're used beyond the scope of being a glorified 10-items-or-less lane. Going through a cashier lane is almost always faster in my experience, not to mention if you're ever unfortunate enough to get stuck behind someone with a dozen produce items who doesn't know the code for any of them.

More importantly though I couldn't pass up the obvious joke.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

If I could ride the waterslide at a $4k per night hooker house I'd be so happy

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

priznat posted:

Now shop that Trump sketch as Oswald getting shot by jack ruby.

one thing I ain't doin is photoshopping a still living former president getting capped

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Escape From Noise posted:

Is it weird that I think someone else tried to write this in Trump's voice?

too many commas

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Jelly posted:

Doesn't MyPillow take up an extraordinary percentage of the ad space on FOX? They going to replace them with Trumpy Bear or Trump Trading cards?

well considering that in the interview linked in that tweet, Mike repeatedly says "the great, real president donald trump" I'm gonna guess they decided to finally cut losses with the guy who materially contributed to the $700 million judgement against them. good riddance

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

steinrokkan posted:

I like that she considers meeting her to be the worst thing that could happen to somebody.

tweet reply sent

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I made a joke about Gene once in December and said he’d read it in March and probe me in July and he did in fact probe me on the following July 1 which was honestly pretty funny.

ngl that's pretty good

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Random Stranger posted:

No. Judges have a lot of latitude in how they manage trials which is why when Cannon drew this case everyone groaned. While rulings like this can be appealed, there's zero chance that even a friendly appeals court is going to force things through. On top of that, Cannon is going to be on the bench for another fifty years. The feds will have to deal with her constantly and they're only going to play the appeal card when it matters.

If a judge is nakedly corrupt like Cannon is (or I guess she could be a complete idiot who doesn't even have a layman's understanding of the law or judicial proceedings whose lack of knowledge in those areas always benefits Trump directly, but nakedly corrupt is the more likely option), there's a shitton they can do to wreck a trial with effectively no recourse. There's not even sanctions that could be applied.

Dragging out the trial forever was the obvious way that she would gently caress with things, so there is no surprise here.
abort the court

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

jokes posted:

REVISED list of things you can't make fun of trump for:
1) being poor
2) being fat as gently caress

Obviously you can still make jokes about him making GBS threads his diaps all the time and wanting to gently caress his daughter and anything else you can ever dream of~

but he is a healthy 215lbs so calling him fat as gently caress is clearly just irony.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Tahirovic posted:

This whole raw milk thing reminds me of the insane people who talk about „chicken rare“ on social media.
Like yeah sure, eat your chicken breast rare like a steak, nothing bad in there that could kill you, no sir.
Ok as someone who was hospitalized and almost died from complications of chicken based salmonella poisoning I don't even know what to say except anyone who tries this will wish for death and be in agony the entire time.

Tahirovic posted:

„chicken rare“
Now, what the hell is with „this style of quoting“ and why have I only seen it pop up in the last 6 months. I hate it.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Civil posted:

Hey buddy

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

kazil posted:

Swatting the White House now...

This actually prompt something I'd never thought of before- would the White House even rely on 911 if they needed emergency services? My first instinct would be that they have their own dedicated hotline.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

the real throat goat

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

he looks like the bad guy in every story I've heard about date rape

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

still lollin at ding ding ding boom whoosh boom

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

rotinaj posted:

Trump was speaking too quickly for his tongue and hosed up his sentence, it’s not that complicated
complicated? no. indicative of something larger (mush brain) when it starts happening every single time he gets on stage? yes.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

notwithoutmyanus posted:

:rip: TRULMIPP's POLTICAL CINREER

stable diffusion is as accurate at english as Trump is

not portly enough

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Think I'm gonna start applying at law firms and just put "probably better than Habba" on a single sheet cv

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Jury should make the damages not money, but one large bowl of hot mashed potatoes dumped on his head, live on camera.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Post itt every time you lol that tucker pissed himself.

Jesus dude do some loving kegels.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Hollismason posted:

It's now 40 minutes to 4:30. We may not get a verdict unless they want to stay late.

I'm surprised it's taken even this long.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

ohhh he's a big mad boy now

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Outside the Trump International Hotel:

:trumppop:

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

wheatpuppy posted:

Hey I dunno if maybe you just didn't know, but the phrase is "might have" not "of." Or if you abbreviate it, "might've."

for all intensive purposes they're saying the same thing

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

imagine debasing yourself for that walking cheeseburger.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

I clearly remember the halcyon days of 2021 and peace in the middle east

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

StrangersInTheNight posted:

they want to stay in the will

might not be worth the paper it's written on once all the lawsuits are done.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

gonna be dunkin deez nuts in engoron's mouth if he doesn't give us that ruling soon

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

He's no Jon Stewart

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

I'm the half picture frame sticking 90 degrees out from the wall

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

CannonFodder posted:

There was a guy at my high school with the name Matthew Matthews. I wonder the same thing.

When I was a kid I was friends with someone named John Johnston. Also knew a Max Power in highschool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Chiefs had some games you could argue were “rigged” in their favor this year, but this game wasn’t one of them. :lol:

i'm not mad about taylor swift, please don't say i'm mad about taylor swift