Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Yates posted:

Saw he couldn't win in the Big Ten and bolted. Probably a smart move for him, he'll have a chance in the SEC.
:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

This is somewhat self-fulfilling, is it not? Those schools get all of the prime viewership slots.
Correct. As an anecdote, I don't care about most of those teams but I ended up watching a decent number of their games because that's what was on!

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I wonder how viewership is measured when using a multiview like what's baked into YTTV (and maybe Hulu iirc?)

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Gonz posted:

Buddy of mine went to the Natty and got me some Michigan colored confetti streamers from the end of the game.
Typical rival grumbling of "gently caress Michigan" aside this actually rules

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Don’t forget the Irish players like Frank O’Harris
lol this got me

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Komet posted:

There are only like 10,000 coal miners left in the entire state. Fifty years ago, it was 100,000. All the less expensive and easy-to-get coal has been mined out of the state, and most of what's left can only be accessed via strip-mining, and that's largely mechanized. Coal isn't any cheaper than renewable energy production at this point.

West Virginia is making huge investments into tourism. It generated over $5B last year and growing every year, which is greater than similarly sized mountain states such as Vermont and New Hampshire. With rural broadband investment, the state is beginning to attract skilled laborers that can work remotely and choose the state for its outdoors amenities. There's still a reasonable amount of agriculture and other manufacturing.

WV needs to think strategically about the future, but coal mining still looms large on the state's psyche.
What if all that money they invested into tourism means they actually are thinking strategically about the future and using their coal mining history to craft a folksy outdoorsy image has, actually, worked :confused:

Is this just like an attempted dunk on the state as a whole because of the upcoming game or what

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Penn State should move on from its Nittany Lion identity after they killed and skinned the last remaining one to make the mascot

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Fluffdaddy posted:

looks like they are loving the animals at Penn State instead of skinning them these days, so upgrade?
and apparently begged cops to kill him when he was caught, christ :smith:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Neil Armbong posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with the big 10. so many schools in that conference seem to be magnets for sex pests.
it's the lack of good barbecue I think

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Good.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

lol at the idea of the new playoff format lasting 8 years

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

augias posted:

Can I ask how this works? You are supposed to say "I was driving down 95 yesterday and merged onto 70 to get home."? This sounds very wrong.
IME in Pittsburgh it's even shorter with just a chain of numbers, "I took 79 376 22 to get home"

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

State College isn't exactly Mexican food mecca but also, other cities... exist??

There are like half a dozen great Mexican restaurants in Pittsburgh just off the top of my head

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Spacebump posted:

I lived in Colorado, absolutely not. lmao
My wife grew up in Colorado and shows me the good Mexican places every time I visit- this is absolutely wrong, lmao. Where in Colorado are you basing this on?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Primarily Denver. The best Mexican food in Colorado pales in comparison to something one could find in Metairie, Louisiana. There just isn't enough spice or flavor.
:ok:

Rosa Cantina in Longmont and Lady Nomada in Arvada are both great, but you do you

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Imagine a Shocked Pikachu but like, big enough that it's casting a shadow across the earth.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

:drat:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

Unc clemson and fsu to the big10 pls
Pitt too :getin:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Sash! posted:

Penn State filled their last open slot for 2025 with FIU, for an OOC slate of Nevada, Villanova, and FIU. One gigantic rotating :geno: here.

2024 at least has WVU to offset Bowling Green and Kent State, but it doesn't get better from there. Temple, Marshall, and Buffalo for 2026; Syracuse, Temple, and Delaware for 2027; and Ball State and Syracuse for 2028. There's an open spot in 2028 and with Cuse as the "marquee" game, I'm not holding my breath for anyone good or at least interesting.

This post just popped into my head from a distant memory, no particular reason

Roasted Donut posted:

it's the most pathetic, embarrassing ooc schedule i've ever seen. complete loving cowardice and bullshit

sounds like they ain't gonna play nobody :smith:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Spacebump posted:

I hope this idea dies like the attempted European soccer Super League.

"The 70 permanent teams would never be in danger of moving down, while the second division would have the incentive of promotion and relegation." This is stupid, either go all the way with promotion relegation or don't try it. There is no reason schools like SMU or Baylor should be permanent super league members while USF, Memphis, and Tulane have to be promoted with threat of relegation. It'd be hilarious to see schools like Texas or Penn State get relegated.
Agreed. Everyone should be in danger of relegation, even if there's some sort of hysteresis like "must be in the bottom 10 for 4 consecutive years" or something.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Radia posted:

god i love the b1g
:hmmyes: It is perfect football.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Hail Terps, B20 Champs 2025-2035

Edit: B18? I thought they were at 16 with affiliate teams prior to next season but :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Sash! posted:

Instead we should have a three way rivalry series where we play for a statue of a groundhog carved out of coal, holding aloft steel deer antlers, on a base of beautiful Pennsylvania bluestone
In