Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Mike Price is still undefeated as Alabama head coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I see DeBoer's from South Dakota.

Please let him attempt to be southern like Brian Kelly tried to be Cajun.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Joey Freshwater posted:

UGA X died. I feel like that mascot has the highest turnover

He retired after the 2022 season. Uga XI (Boom Motherfucker) took over this year.

Uga X was 10 years old. Maybe they're finally improving the genetics.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Was he ever actually on that boogie board? Not sure if there's any truth in advertising here.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Full list of colleges scoring in the Super Bowl

edit: This is from 2020

edit2: Oh god this was long enough ago that Deshaun Watson wasn't a serial sexual pest

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jan 30, 2024

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Joey Freshwater posted:

Has the HC of a P5 team ever left for a coordinator position without being fired first?

Not power 5 but Maurice Linguist is doing that right this very second, too.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

That dog would bite youuuuuu

Joey Freshwater posted:

We grew up listening to Grizzard. I have a ton of his books, my favorite being Dont bend over in the garden granny, you know them taters got eyes

The Soviet bathroom story in I Took a Lickin' and Kept on Tickin' is his best.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I. M. Gei posted:

When did Bama trade school colors with Carnegie-Mellon?

Nah, Edinboro State.

Eons and eons ago, some website had covers of media guides uploaded. I kept this one.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

KKKLIP ART posted:

Athens is defined by loop 10, 78 and 316.

Milledge is 441

Athens would have had an actual interstate, but Governor Vandiver redirected I-85 to his hometown of Lavonia, which never grew.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

GD_American posted:

It would only take one to get it started. Imagine an SEC team going to the Frozen Four in the next decade and boosters of the other big schools going "why don't we have a team"

edit- oh loving awesome, they added a woman's team

https://twitter.com/CollegeHkySouth/status/1745098370874524161

Statesboro has had snow that stuck once during the last 30 years. While checking where they might actually play, they'll be leaning heavily on its Savannah (former Armstrong Atlantic) campus.

Some northern baseball colleges essentially spend 2-4 weeks in the south, touring Florida and tournaments where there won't be snow. The quality of teams is pretty bad.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Spacebump posted:

I want a random mid major super fan to win the lotto and proceed to pay their team more than any P5.

My Lottery Dream Home Team

Or funnier,

My Lottery Dream NIL Recruit

David:

You have $45,000. ]Which one will you choose?

The $25,000 3-star offensive line recruit from Ohio? He's not a guaranteed starter but should see a lot of playing time, especially if another guard gets injured?

The $60,000 5-star wide receiver from Alabama? Great talent. Speedy, NFL projected. Well over your budget.

The $750 no-star recruit from Montana? He played 8-man football as a 240-pound running back who runs a 5.3 40. Might flunk out after a year, but well within your price range.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Accidentally posted in the NFL offeseason thread the first time.

Trevor Etienne got himself a got himself a DUI in Athens this morning.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Trevor Etienne was going 80-90 mph on South Milledge while drunk.

Based on it being in a 50 mph zone, I would think it was south of the loop where he was caught ... which means the dumbass was likely drunk and speeding in the city limits. He's lucky he didn't kill someone or himself. Milledge isn't a wide road, has houses everywhere, has some blind turns, plenty of intersections and 5 points, isn't well lit and there's a lot of traffic. A lot of horrible could have happened.

Punishment needs to be severe.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

He's been around a bit, but I just noticed the Major League pitcher named Bowden Francis.

Wanna guess where he's from?

There was a child in my rather redneck hometown named Athens years ago. There has to be a ton of children named for Bear Bryant and probably at least a few named for Saban.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

At least when the nearby college claims they're still undefeated, it's because they haven't had football since the Great Depression.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Florida, Michigan State and England had the same amount of draft picks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Sash! posted:

I was in Vidalia most of the time and had things to attend to in such exotic locales as Cordele, Warner Robins, and Macon.

Didn't go to a Waffle House but I did get to see the Blue Angels twice

Did you visit the rocket?

I was going to call it the only redeeming feature of Cordele, but check that, there is nothing redeeming about Cordele.