Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
My school is a mediocre G5 team that sneaks into a bowl at 6-6 every few years. Expectations are just the path to disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Raku posted:

Plus (and I know we weren't being super serious) there were like at least three thai places I knew of in Tuscaloosa like ten years ago lol

This is America, ain't nobody actually cultured
Thai places in particular are loving everywhere because the Thai government uses it as a form of diplomacy.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Dango Bango posted:

This one is really, really funny in the "cheating scandal" context
Were they actually trying to make people remember the Astros?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

dirty shrimp money posted:

I've been to a few UH-Rice games there and the place was so outdated it was basically a high school auditorium in a bad way. Like you could still make out the faded out words COLORED ONLY and WHITES ONLY on the restroom doors. I heard Tudor finally got renovated a few years back.
It did. Back when I was in school, one side of the court was still occupied by a large curtain (with some badminton? courts behind it). The student section kinda leaned into it and started a "fear the curtain" chant, and at one point ESPN was there for a game and teased going into a commercial that they'd reveal what was behind the curtain.

Rice Stadium does still have faint remnants of the white/colored bathroom signage, I'm fairly sure.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Maxwells Demon posted:

Southern California specifically. Anyone north of Santa Barbara will make fun of SoCal people for doing it.
To be fair, the Bay Area has so few 2-digit highways that you don't need the extra syllable to make them feel good to say. "101" is a perfectly reasonable length for a highway name.