Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hello, offseason. Now Long National Nightmare beings anew until August.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm not saying it's the best ever, but when my boss smokes a pork shoulder and brings it in, he also brings in a custom blend of Sweet Baby Ray's, apple cider vinegar, and Kroger Private Selection reach Carolina reaper sauce and holy poo poo that poo poo slaps.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

I sincerely hope I don't have anything to post about
Regarding northwestern football this offseason

What about just posting "HAT" repeatedly?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Komet posted:

I kinda like Harbaugh and agree with a lot of what he says, I just hate he coaches at Michigan

I'd like another coach to chime in in agreement so I don't have to agree with the most Michigan Man to ever man Michigan

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Komet posted:

Franklin has never been as blunt as Harbaugh, but has been in favor of player compensation. He's one of the more progressive coaches on the issue. This probably doesn't help you having to agree with both the Michigan and Penn State coaches.

A few Gamedays and Penn State itself have given me a way out of this conundrum:

I agree with Keegan-Michael Key.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Happy Scott Frost Day, Alabama

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

This means there's gonna be so many more Nick Saban Aflac commercials now.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Jim Harbaugh, no longer content to win a natty at just Michigan, jumps to Bama with the plan to win a natty at EVERY university.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

WaryWarren posted:

He'll be a hard act to follow

LOL imagine going from being coached by a guy who says this and loves deez nuts jokes to Dabo

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

dirty shrimp money posted:

The coaching carousel would look like one of those YouTube videos where some guy hooks up a DC power supply to cheap toys so they spaz and burn out.

Slow-mo Guys preview of this season's coaching carousel in light of recent news: https://youtu.be/zs7x1Hu29Wc?si=6K3whJQKV5m-w_L7

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I sure hope no one shows this to Jim. Repeatedly.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

finally get to drop an absolute bombshell in this thread
https://x.com/mzenitz/status/1745575147166179678?s=20

e: lol this is the oline coach from COLORADO??????? jesus christ

*Reads "Northwestern is expected to hire Bill O'"* Oh god *finishes reading "Boyle"* Oooohhhh, ok.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

I really did expect tOSU to have way, way more pro/transfer portal departures than they've had so far. Is it mostly because they're trying to gather for One Final Year, or NIL considerations, or just lowered pro prospects?

I saw an article before the Cotton Bowl that some boosters were purportedly offering Henderson and Marvin NIL deals that would be equivalent in pay to NFL rookie contracts if they stayed. No idea how true that is though

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Remember when Tommy Tuberville climbed out of a bathroom window in the middle of recruiting a kid to Texas Tech so he could take the Cincy job?

That was 2012.

"Now." LOL.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

possible that this is one of the weirdest tweets I've ever seen

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1747013449409052841?t=i36MoCVj6PI0TA-ToImPHA&s=19

and this is from the team that does yearly schedule anime intros

Chargers playing on Iron Man mode so achievements are enabled

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Poster Lane rules

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Adun posted:

There was also some post about him wanting to have any firing for cause be determined by a panel of 3 people instead of the AD. If its true it’s such a high ask I can only imagine he’s out the door and all of this is window dressing

If those reports are true either he's trying to poison pill the extension so he can say "Aww shucks, we just couldn't come to an agreement" as he walks out the door, or he's a big dummy for not just pushing for a giant statue of him in front of the Big House.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wait, wasn't that Hartlines job? Where's he at?

I guess he's still WR coach - maybe also "Passing game coordinator"?

He was technically OC, but wasn't it still Day doing most of the play calling instead of Hartline?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Looks like OSU also fired Corey Dennis as QB coach, too

https://x.com/andrew_smith11w/status/1748182564957827516?s=20

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sash! posted:

I still can't get over the fact that we had a football game end with the ritual suicide of a gigantic pastry creature

and it owned

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Warbird posted:

lol lmao. You all are in for such a time.

Given how McCord, Brown, and Keinholz developed over the season, it's not like BoB could do much worse than Corey

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

A Sneaker Broker posted:

:siren: QB BATTLE IN COLUMBUS :siren:

Will Howard ate of the Pop-Tart, he's The Guy

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I mean, BoB and Fumbles the Bama Center aside, he seems to be doing a good job with portal gets

https://x.com/Hayesfawcett3/status/1748519997146546623?s=20

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sash! posted:

I'd like a 1 loss season sometime

2026 is right around the corner

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

https://x.com/PeteThamel/status/1749174993404002401?s=20

Who's ready for a back-up QB battle?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Truther Vandross posted:

That would be a step up in that situation from last year.

I was gonna say, I feel like that exact sequence happened at some point in the season anyway.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Dubs has entered the transfer portal and is visiting Georgia.

Dubs just committed to Ohio State

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Neil Armbong posted:

IDK. After seeing the interviews post game, the michigan players seemed built different and likely have larger allegiances to the school vs the players being p squarely drawn to Saban at Bama. They all kinda came across as dorks and given how often other folks were HC this year, I feel like they won't have as many players entering the portal as bama.

Poor boys done got their brains Michigan Man'd. Hate to see it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Notorious ZSB posted:

This is maybe the worst idea ive ever heard. Belicheck would be an awful college coach, dude does not play nice with folks there is no way he'd mesh with ego inflated selfish teens and young adults. The recruiting would drive him insane I bet. I think there are dudes that could go down to college and do it well (John Harbaugh, I bet Tomlin could crush it), but not Belicheck.

I bet he hates the Edmund Fitzgerald, too

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Punter's the QB now

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

But if we ban gambling ads, where will I get to see Kevin Hart and Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ferentz is going to eliminate the forward pass and play football how it was meant to be played.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Full list of colleges scoring in the Super Bowl

edit: This is from 2020

edit2: Oh god this was long enough ago that Deshaun Watson wasn't a serial sexual pest

LOL Coast Guard

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Komet posted:

I don't want a super league where Penn State goes 6-6 every year.

I agree.

I'd like a regular league where Penn State goes 6-6 every year :yeshaha:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

TheGreyGhost posted:

BoB expected to take over at BC from what the Ohio state beat seems to think. Early replacements names being floated are somehow chip loving Kelly, Brian Johnson, Jason Candle, and Tommy Rees

I just saw his tenure calculated at 1.45 Scaramuccis.

Helluva run.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Let Corso retire, make Saban don the Headgear

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I just learned Retro Bowl has a college version. Also the PAC-12 Pacific Conference is intact.

Guess I know what I'll be doing while avoiding work today...

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

General Dog posted:

Yeah I don’t know how I missed that; you’d think they’d have given some notification from original RB. Now, off to manually enter hex codes for the entirety of Division 1.

Yeah, it looks like there's some teams missing (and at the start only a couple in each conference are offering jobs) but it's a good game just for conference names like LARGE X and Sun Sash.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Now that Saban's gone, the CFB world needs a new Home for Wayward Coaches, and Ryan Day is shooting his shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

I'm assuming this is not a good hire? I haven't heard of the guy

You haven't heard of him because his highest position before this promotion was running backs coach