Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Fedule posted:

I'm still going to do it, despite how much I will hate it, because I know just as well as any of you that there is just something wrong with my brain and I've made my peace with it. I'll do the story mode re-run after, as a treat.

I regret to inform you that they'll want you to run the entire story on ultimate twice. I did it once out of curiosity and because I needed to complete my crab collection, but twice is just psychopath behavior.

Edit: the worst grind in the game is hands down fortitude crystals. I'm begging you, have I not genocided enough goblins?!

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

It wouldn't be so bad if Quick Quest rewards were not so garbage and the downscaling so vicious when you're above the mission level.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

The fight has serious visual noise and poor color scheme choices that, particularly for people with certain kinds of color blindness, make it even more frustrating to try and parse.

Also, the constant teleporting is really miserable for any melee character who doesn't have good pursuit options. That would be less bad without the visual noise issues though.

I think it's almost a cool fight, I don't think the attacks in general or the attack patterns are bullshit as such, just the visual parsing of them. I think it's interesting that how relentless his attacks are actually makes dropping some damage (like a supplementary damage sigil) for a perfect dodge invuln extension sigil is a genuine consideration since it can help improve your uptime a lot.