Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I think the Texans are the most favorable matchup for us we could have drawn mainly because we have a top pass D and rush thanks to some insane late FA luck. And our run D is kind of middling and inconsistent. Not that the Texans aren't capable of an upset. But it should be an interesting game and if we do win will be nice to see us at home in an AFC Championship game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

i would like for the texans to win, but i fear that they will lose. because i think the ravens will win the super bowl.

I've said in other threads I believe it is the Ravens destiny to lose this Superbowl. Unless GB or Tampa can somehow make it through.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

MJeff posted:

In my opinion the Lions and Ravens will meet in the Super Bowl and then one of them will win.

Lions are better draw than 49ers but still probable loss. It is an EXTREMELY valuable SB win though if we can get it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I think best case for the Ravens is Stanley does kind of what Bryant McKinnie did in 2012. We have a Matt Birk that's Tyler Linderbaum. We have a not-quite Marshall Yanda that's Kevin Zeitler. But that's balanced out by Morgan Moses being better than Oher. John Simpson is the Oher. So we have the pieces there to replicate a great o-line run that made 2012 happen. Plus there's Mekari who is a great fill-in type player. And Ben Cleveland has looked good late in the season so there's another factor.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

The worst defense left in the playoffs is the Lions, right? They literally squeaked by the Rams by 1 point.

23 points doesn't seem like a bad effort against the Rams to me.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

That's weird that they have a band like that for a divisional round game. If it was Jimmy something isn't there a local band called Jimmy's Chicken Shack? That's who I'd expect not the bigger one.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

He initially got hurt in the game against the Ravens when he dove straight into Haloti Ngata. Then Kirk Cousins completed their comeback and they won which caused the firing of Cam Cameron. Then they inexplicably had him back out there in the playoff game against Seattle where everyone knew it was a bad idea especially with the condition of the field and to no one's surprised he had a major knee injury and was never the same after.

He absolutely didn't "suck" that season. He looked like he was going to be a major force for years to come but his recklessness and that field condition is what ended his starting career. That's why I always appreciate how Lamar mostly doesn't do that kind of thing and is good at avoiding major hits despite not really sliding a lot

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

i really believe in lamar. his playmaking ability is second to none this year. jump passes, insane sideline throws after physically instructing mediocre players what to do while he's being chased around. stats or no stats. he is the best player there is in 2024. a true point guard. barring unforeseen circumstances, this is his super bowl season. no question about it. sorry to fans of the houston texans, kansas city chiefs, buffalo bills, green bay packers, san francisco 49ers, tampa bay buccaneers, and detroit lions. keep on fighting because you never know about those unforeseen circumstances. but without them, it's over. if something unexpected happens it's not but otherwise there's going to be a lot of 3-ring pimps around this place. they're going to be hollering

I know what you are doing and I advise you to stop. Now.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sweet thursday posted:

I hope it isn't bad mojo or a jinx to say that I think the Ravens are going to run away with it and should basically start getting fitted for their rings now

I'm not sure how anyone thinks the Ravens should be favored in a rematch against the 49ers. We are completely screwed in that case.

Also remember recency bias. The Ravens were only just barely sneaking by the Chargers and should have been in a big hole at Jacksonville before their showings against the 49ers and a very injured Dolphins team.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 19, 2024

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The 49ers tried to attack the Ravens through the air instead of on the ground where we are kind of middling on defense, while they have an MVP candidate at RB. They have the advantage of making adjustments after being the losing side in a recent matchup and unless McCaffery gets injured somehow I do not think the Ravens have much of a chance.

Our best hope is that Green Bay pulls the massive upset tomorrow.

I think it's possible the Ravens do trounce the AFC this year but a SB loss is imminent.

If we didn't have that god drat game on Christmas we could have won.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

trilljester posted:

Also Jim already won a Championship so that means John cannot win one. This is the way.

John already won one in 2012. Or better to say Jim Caldwell won one.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Kawa how worried about the Lions are u

I think they would beat us but we have a decent chance of winning the game. I think we beat the Bucs or GB. Bucs are also a hugely valuable SB win. 49ers are the least valuable SB win in terms of franchises, another reason I don't want to see them.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Both the Lions and Bucs would give the Ravens their third SB win against a team that had never lost one before. Bucs would also make the Ravens once again the only team who has been to multiple SBs and not lost

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m not sure why you are more confident in the Packers over the lions as their strengths and weaknesses are very similar

Because we faced the Lions already this year and they can make adjustments based on in-game experience. That's also why we have very little chance against SF unless McCaffery is injured or gets fumbleitis.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Relentlessboredomm posted:

lmao the bucs are absolutely not making the SB, keep dreaming.

I don't think they are but every team still in there is a 2-game hot streak away from it. Just like the 2012 Ravens nobody would have considered them a serious threat to win until after the divisional round. That team could be the Texans, Packers or Bucs this year.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

We were really rusty in that week 1 game on offense. We got better later in the game but I was ranting and raving how we were the same drat offense as under Roman etc.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Stroud is a goddamned capital P Problem, but I don't know if he's enough of a problem yet for this year's Ravens team.

Well we're down our best corner though we're fairly deep at that position this year.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Ravens are going to lose the Superbowl.

I see us winning today but in a much closer game than the spread indicates and we might even go down multiple scores

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

We missed a Ravens snow game by about exactly 24 hours, shame

I definitely do not want that poo poo in my own team's playoff games. Hell no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm glad the Ravens will vanquish the Chiefs and we won't have to hear about Taylor Swift for another 6 months.

The only swifts allowed in Baltimore are Chimney Swift!!!