Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I cam see the Bills having a melt, I can also see them jumping out to an early lead and just turning the screws too.

Either way it's going to take a herculean effort from the one guy who is capable of it, if anyone is from mahomes. Can't wait for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think the Bills, 9ers and Ravens win and win easily through their offensive firepower.

Buccs Lions is more of a toss up because it depends on which Buccs team shows up. If they play like they did against the Panthers they'll get destroyed, if they play like they did last week I can see them sneaking it by a field goal and a big day from White.

I also think the Ravens defense is the toughest CJ will have faced this season. I know the Browns were lofty on paper but what Baltimore does on the back end is probably the best in the NFL right now.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

he already faced the ravens defense, in week 1. threw for more than 250 yards but also got sacked a million times and didnt score a touchdown. but the texans as a whole played like doodoo the first few weeks of the season.

baltimore is probably going to win but i dont think it will be easy.

Baltimore's defense got better as the year went along and nothings changed from how they did that. They still rush well and still give quarterbacks fits with their disguised coverages on the back end. CJ is a very good QB, but I don't see how a 25 to 9 score line is an argument in CJ's favour, unless you think that the Baltimore defense was some how performing worse now after they poo poo housed the Jags, 49ers and Dolphins back to back to back.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fsif posted:

I think coming from the total abyss, knocking the Dolphins out from the division in the 11th hour, AND having a playoff win where Allen looked like a god would make this a not-the-worst season in a vacuum, but losing to the Chiefs again would/will pretty quickly salt away whatever minor good feelings I'm experiencing.

If ever there was a game for McDermott's game plan to be not just win, but stomp them into paste - its this one. Buffalo have such a good roster I feel they've just lacked that killer instinct and it's come back to bite them in the rear end time and time again.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ravens 9ers superbowl is my ultimate prediction.

I'm just happy I'll get to watch both games next weekend. Instead of having to dodge scores on a working monday unitl I can get home and try and fit two games into 4 hours.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Coaaab posted:

texans. chiefs. packers. lions.

has the nfl championship/super bowl ever featured the same two teams as in the opening game of the season?

According to my research (typing it into chat GPT) - never.

Edit, to elaborate I asked how many times there's been a rematch:

Super Bowl VI (1972): Dallas Cowboys vs. Miami Dolphins - They had met in the regular season, and the Cowboys won both matchups.

Super Bowl XVII (1982): Washington Football Team vs. Miami Dolphins - They had a regular-season matchup, and Washington won both games.

Super Bowl XXVIII (1993): Dallas Cowboys vs. Buffalo Bills - This was a rematch of Super Bowl XXVII, and they had also played each other in the regular season. The Cowboys won all three matchups.

Super Bowl XXXIX (2004): New England Patriots vs. Philadelphia Eagles - They played each other in the regular season, and the Patriots won both games.

Super Bowl LII (2017): New England Patriots vs. Philadelphia Eagles - They had a regular-season matchup, and the Eagles won both games.

This bodes badly for the 9er v baltimore prediction for 9ers fans.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 20, 2024

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

trevorreznik posted:

This is missing the famous Giants Patriots 07 games. And I don't remember some of those other games existing like pats eagles in 04

It took 6 prompts for me to get it to remember that game. Stupid rear end AI.

Also with the eagles games that year it looks like they played the ravens / browns / pitt etc.

Either way I didn't want to google it and I had the app open but it doesn't look like there's been too many regular season rematches and 0 first week rematches.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 20, 2024

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

drat maybe ai sucks rear end and people should stop using it

I aint combing through 53 years of schedule lol.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I will not apologise for my intellectual laziness a few beers deep on a saturday afternoon when its 100 degrees and 90% humidity.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

When I was back in Aus, I used ten yard torrents frequently to download games after airing. Not sure if they are open or closed for signups atm however (or even if they're still operating). They were great for bigger market games and of course playoff games, although Jets games would take longer to be uploaded.

Im glad the first game starts at 730am for me tomorrow.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Timby posted:

I asked him that a month or two ago and he never answered. :v:

I thought I did

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I didn’t realise you lived in Australia

Why in the world are you for the panthers of all teams??

In 2002 madden started being sold over here and games started to be shown on TV. Esp when i got pay tv and espn would show replays.

When the season started I jumped on the panthers after they were rebuilding because I thought their logo looked cool. A year or so of playing the video game with my knucklehead friends and a friend who's a huge falcons / vick fan got me interested in the sport.

Played in a small rec league as a teenager around rugby and soccer. As technology got better and internet got better, watched more, learned more, got into playing fantasy and on it goes.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Nice! I lived in Melbourne around then before we moved up to Wollongong, but I didn’t get into football until I moved to the states. I was deep into Aussie rules and rugby, though, so it eventually made the transition easier

Carolina and Jacksonville have two of my favourite colour schemes and logos, which is exactly how I always picked my fifa teams lol

Same way I've been a long suffering arsenal fan. 7 year old me thought a cannon logo looked cool.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eagles fans sad because its not the swift they want to see in the divisional round.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Black Sunshine posted:

She has more economic power than some small countries, I think that puts her into the ruling class. She might be one of the only objectively "good" people in that class but she's still in it.

Don't be silly.

She doesn't affect anything of consequence.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Itt: goons deal with their issues around attractive women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Black Sunshine posted:

This all started because KC fan didn't appreciate T. Swift being called a pampered rich person so...

Yeah but, how can I throw stones without ignoring that.