Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

turn off the TV posted:

you give cardinal directions in relation to the person you're speaking to

Cardinal directions are North, East, West, South etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I push Q so my character gives cardinal directions for me. :science:

Most people know this, but just in case: if you look directly at the main part of a secondary objective (like the towers for detectors/jammers/radars or the gun for SEAF artillery) and push Q it gets permanently added to the map for everyone.

Except for shrieker nests and gunship fabs because they're kind of broken compared to other secondaries. They also never spawn samples around themselves.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 27, 2024

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Sindai posted:

I push Q so my character gives cardinal directions for me. :science:

Yeah same, anything more complicated (like stop fighting that trash and just hit da bricks) I'll just type in chat.

Gabrielite
Apr 24, 2008
Seems the current version of the strategems have issues that will be fixed next week. I wonder what issues the AT Mines have currently? They looked good in the leaked footage, but so did the airburst so... :shrug:

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

jokes posted:

Can you hurt stratagem jammers from a distance at all

Aside from popping a fabricator next to it, Walking Barrage has the range to do it... bit iffy with RNG, though.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Not sure if Arrowhead thought this one through. There is absolutely no chance Choohe is getting liberated before Penta (I'd go so far as to say it was NEVER going to happen). Gotta get through Chort first and Chort has 9k players while Penta has 98k.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Am I right in assuming the only Ship Modules that take effect during a drop are the ones upgraded on the hosts ship?

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

No, ship modules are player specific.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

AndyElusive posted:

Am I right in assuming the only Ship Modules that take effect during a drop are the ones upgraded on the hosts ship?

nah Ship Modules only apply to yourself and it doesn't matter who is the host

also funny video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evKBLAhBkDM

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Gabrielite posted:

Seems the current version of the strategems have issues that will be fixed next week. I wonder what issues the AT Mines have currently? They looked good in the leaked footage, but so did the airburst so... :shrug:

I love how they just ship it and tell us there's something shiny and new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Maybe the current version of the AT mines detonates when helldivers and light enemies touch them but the final ones won't.

I have tried the airburst, it's certainly not great on a forested planet. Would probably be fine if the dispersal was more compact and consistent. Looking forward to Tuesday.