Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Open Marriage Night posted:

Was really trying not to buy any more games this month because of FF7, but my friends told me about this and it looks pretty rad. I've recently finished playing Aliens Fireteam Elite, so another multiplayer shooter sounds good.

Is this going to have leveling and weapon customization with different scopes and stocks?

Leveling sort of by unlocking new Strategems (call down abilities) and guns. I’m blanking on whether things were locked behind exp gates or not in the first game.

Weapons customizations almost certainly no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

No which is always unsettling. But I trust in Managed Democracy!

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Helldivers: For when Verhoven was too subtle

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Yeah there's some crashes and some connection issues but overall I am pleased and look forward to playing more later.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Keep an eye out for supercredit pickups because they may only go to the person who picks them up, unlike every other currency. Which really sucks if true.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

RBA Starblade posted:

The SES Elected Representative of the Constitution's name just barely fits on the side of the ship lmao

Excellent name choice. I knew someone else would have taste.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I have 10 hours played and have collected a grand total of… 40 super credits. They need to increase the frequency on those a LOT.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

ZeusCannon posted:

That reminds me with the recoilless rifle to get team reloads does a teammate need to wear the back pack?

To do the team reload yes the loader has to have the backpack.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

So where exactly do you shoot a bile titan to hurt it once the weak points are popped?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

RoyalScion posted:

There seems to be a bug with higher difficulty missions where even if you compete the main objectives the game doesn’t register it so you don’t get any rewards from it :effort:

That's just a bug that happens in general, not exclusive to higher tier missions.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Major Operation posted:

Update on fixes for issues:

Not great but good on them for keeping us updated! Here's hoping for a make good resources drop at some point for those of us who are continuing the fight for MANAGED DEMOCRACY

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

victrix posted:

chargers need to be nerfed

I tend to agree, they don’t need to have as much HP as they do because they’re so well armored and mobile.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

CuddleCryptid posted:

The "picking one of 10,000 Helldivers out of cryo" load in screen implies every ship has a ton of divers on it but functionally it's funny how every single diver seems to get their own ship. When one goes in and immediately gets mulched by friendly fire does the captain just throw his hat down and turn around to go home?

The Helldiver IS the Captain. When Helldiver 1 dies, Helldiver 2 is defrosted and is now the Captain. Rinse and repeat until out of Helldivers.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Oh my GOD these defense missions against the bots are loving brutal, even on 5

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I want the devs to clarify if these extraction defense missions are bugged or not because jesus

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Bro Dad posted:

they're doable even on the higher difficulties, it just requires your team to be smart enough to bring smokes and stand by their designated button

Do the bots not just murder the citizens as they run? Also you're going to run out of smoke pretty quick

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Black Griffon posted:

It just kinda feels like the way to solve the defense missions is by forcing a solution past a bugged spawn rate rather than a fun way to play a mission.

The thing is we don't know if it's bugged

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Orbitals are bad enough right now they they don’t need a specific defense like the eagles have.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, are people in light armor taking less damage, more damage or the same after the patch?

Sounds like more

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

Gang me please :)

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

raverrn posted:

What's the damage rating on the plasma punisher?

Edit: 100. Lol.

It's like a short range grenade launcher, very odd. I like it though.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

The electric shotgun is rear end

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Kly posted:

it counts if anyone on your team kills it

Only if they also have the order active, iirc

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

BlackIronHeart posted:

I've unlocked both premium warbonds and am sitting on 995 supercredits. Are people actually buying SCs with real money? Why?

Because I bought too much of the armor on the superstore

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

So what's the benefits of the stun grenades? Because giving up being able to kill spawners and especially my favorite thing, one shotting armored bile spewers with impact grenades is a big ask.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Slugger can one shot brood commanders and two shot hive guardians, plus it staggers them.

As for grenades, I always take stuns on bots because I have the AC for everything else, and I take impacts on bugs because I can't give up the laser dog, so I need them for spitters. Grenade pistol would probably be an always take on bugs if they release it.

Where the hell do you aim to one shot a brood commander

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Away all Goats posted:

:hfive:

This is just personal opinion but I honestly don't even notice a difference between difficulty 6 v 7. All the dangerous stuff spawns in both.

Yep if you can beat a 6 you can beat a 7 no problem.

8 and 9 are also similar enough that you should just do the higher one.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

CodfishCartographer posted:

The railgun is still perfectly usable vs bots! An overcharged shot to the face will still one-shot devastators and hulks from well outside detection range. The community of this game is VERY quick to write off anything that isn't Literally The Best as useless.

Case in point, I've been wrecking house in difficulty 9 bot missions using stuff that the community has largely written off as bad or useless, I call it the "Wait, these are good?" loadout: Plasma Punisher, Senator Pistol, Railgun, Ballistic Shield, then whatever stratagems / grenades you feel like or that your team needs. Plasma Punisher for clearing out groups, striders, berserkers, and doing sick trick shots from behind cover. Senator + Shield for picking off individual small bots and devastators - the Senator kills them in a single shot to the eyes, and with the shield up any non-rocket devastator will do basically nothing to you. The long reload time doesn't matter since you can keep your shield up when you're reloading, making you pretty much invincible while doing so. Railgun for long-range fighting and killing Rocket Devastators and Hulks. The only thing that you can't directly deal with are tanks - so you can bring some other strats to deal with those or leave it up to teammates. Ballistic shield is great even with a 2 handed gun cus it protects your back - you're nearly invincible when running away vs anything that isn't rockets, even when a turret tank is blasting at you. The rest of the loadout is super customizable - can bring EMS mortar sentry or stun grenades to make lining up railgun shots easier, can bring airstrikes for better crowd clearing + taking out factories, can bring railcannon or 500kg for dealing with tanks, etc.

There's really not any situation it can't deal with, and I felt genuinely unkillable even in light armor. On helldive difficulty I'd consistently die <5 times and get in the top 1 or 2 for kills, the loadout loving rules and is composed mostly of non-meta weapons. I even toyed with replacing the Senator with the loving Dagger since it obliterates devastators with eye shots, but haven't had enough games with it to know how I feel about it vs the Senator. Try using non-meta weapons more often, you might just be surprised.

you also just might be Good At The Videogame and can use worse weapons than the average person

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

maybe I should try medium armor again sometime

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

It doesn’t feel like the animation cancelling is much faster to me than racking the bolt tbh, becuase if you do it too fast you just resume the bolt animation.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Since when have trash bots taken 2 scorcher hits to kill?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Away all Goats posted:

It's so good I'm worried it's gonna get nerfed.

The splash radius is absurd, there's no way it won't be.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I just think it’s neat

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Autocannon now even more important against bots to deal with Scout Striders

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Xun posted:

I am level 12 and I am kind of lost? Feels like all of my weapons suck and I get in situations where I have 3+ big dudes chasing me and the only option is to die or hope my team takes them out because I can't actually hurt them.

I'm hanging around 5s and it feels like the medal income has slowed down a ton. I could try 6s but it feels like I'm barely damaging anything tougher than light enemies. Does anyone have some advice?

Buy the EAT-17, that's your anti big guy weapon.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Someone did the too slow emote to me so I quit their lobby. Good luck on your helldive, you big jerk

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Unlikely the new bond will be better than cutting edge imo but might as well wait and see

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

The Eruptor was too good because it was add clear and medium enemy clear at the same time. Now it is bad because it can do neither. Perhaps the sweet spot is in the middle?????????

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Ravenfood posted:

Would anyone think the Eruptor was overpowered if it had it's old killing ability against hiveguard/brood commanders/unshielded devastators and it's rough AoE ability but lost the ability to kill chargers? Ie, had the power it seems like they initially intended?

Yeah the ability to do both of those, and the utility of bug hole/bot fab destroyer was probably too much. I think it either needs to be an anti-medium weapon or an anti swarm weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Zwabu posted:

I think one of my favorite aspects of it was that it was essentially a delete spewer key, hopefully it's still pretty good at that?

Nope! Takes 3 shots now.