Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I'm pumped. Gonna wait for reviews but I'm pumped. Can't wait to chestbump a diver before getting killed by a dropped containing another diver

Edit: /\/\ would you like to know more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm waiting on reviews but drat I'm excited

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm just so excited to steer a drop pod guys

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm waiting to see what the initial reaction is like before I drop the cash but I'm still hype as gently caress. Just been burned too many times with preorder at this point.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Two things: is there a way to join a game or open up your game other than quick play, and I got a "rotate the radar dish" stage and couldn't stop adjusting the radar.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
so is the only way to play with random people the quickplay button/sos beacons?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
okay now that matchmaking is fixed I will deliver verdict:

game good.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

did you find voice comms or anything like that to be necessary?

related, does the game have any kind of ping system a la apex legends?

voice is absolutely not necessary

the map is very interactive and useful too

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
accidentally mined our path to the extract, killing two

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Pro tip: napalm. Drop napalm on an area. Do it.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Kinda weird that the smg is pretty much a straight upgrade to the liberator.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
The fact that you start laughing maniacally after about 7 seconds of continuous fire is amazing.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Took me way too long to figure out the head is the weak spot on the bile spitting bugs and not their giant sack of bile.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
The background lore for the bugs being "we were farming them for their secretions as slaves except oops they broke out and are revolting" is extremely funny

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Darktide's good, worth giving another shot.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Plus they were one and done, so you call down at the beginning and if you lose it you shrug and move on

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I keep falling back in love with the basic assault rifle using a strategy of orbital stuff + anti material rifle to strip armor if needed and then mag dumping.

Scout armor is so clutch for allowing you to nail a patrol with an airburst or clusterbomb

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
The random dialogue from one of the ship crew about how it's incredible that the government says we're still in the early stages of total galactic colonization 100 years after the great war is perfect.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm lazy so just pretend I posted that always sunny clip of Dennis screaming about how he hasn't even begun to peak

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

This is like that scene in Jurassic Park where the velociraptor opens the door

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
in a first for me, the dropship coming in opened fire on an enemy and killed me, then spun out of control and crashed

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
You've sulked way more than three times dude your commitment to the bit is weak

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
it's such a great, peaceful feeling standing on your bridge and watching the other destroyers rain death. And occasionally blow up as something on the surface shoots back.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
poo poo I killed my friends like five times last game I played

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
If you say "danger close!" over the coms as you huck the orbital strike you're legally not liable for whatever happens next

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I've seen the opposite where we all get bogged down trying to get the last two nests with three minutes left. My decision to hoof it back to extract with 20 samples was not popular.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

s1ppycup posted:

500KG bomb will do it if it hits close enough, maybe railcannon strike (haven't unlocked it).

yeah you gotta get right on it, a near miss will just really gently caress it up.

I just had a mission where my teammates were frantically running in one direction, I was frantically running in another, I realized the titan was following them and managed to pull off a perfectly timed and placed 500kg right on top of it. Felt amazing.

Then I died because I threw a grenade forgetting it was an impact.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
man the scout handshake is fun, but also I feel bad for people on the other end

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Me and my buddy got the RR and formed the blowjob bros team. Our motto: they go high, we blow low.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Eagle airstrike or 500kg bomb. Not sure on precision strike?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I love grenade launchers

that is all

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD3pxbG9YYI

I knew the game was gonna rule but this trailer is when I knew

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I still gotta try the ballistic shield with the defender

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

flashman posted:

Nice the breaker is getting some nerfs and the devs are talking about the hardest difficulties being something to strive for rather than just use the best weapons so things are looking up gang

where you seeing this out of curiosity

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

will vehicles take up a stratagem slot or will the devs be nice and give everyone a dedicated vehicle slot

strategem slot which means it's gonna be hilarious all the people getting butthurt when they drop a vehicle and it gets blown the gently caress up immediately

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Two factions maybe but I doubt we'll see the other factions fighting, given that we're the ones attacking everyone.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Gone Fashing posted:

i've used the mortar sentry quite a bit now and i'm having trouble imagining how placement would even make a difference with teamkilling. it's indirect fire, it's going to shoot your teammates no matter what. maybe i'm missing something

You put it right next to the point you're defending and your other turrets further out. You're attempting to build a wall of fire that kills things before they get close enough that the mortar is dropping on both of you.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
the main difference between a bile titan and poochie is that if you can't see a bile titan you really should be asking "where's the bile titan?"

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
No seriously, we're the Nazis. We're the big bad evil invading three other factions, they're not gonna fight each other they're gonna team up against us. As for rebel humans being evil, what exactly do you think those evil broadcast towers we've been bombing are broadcasting?

Probably something like "hey turns out if you don't enslave shoot or bomb them they don't care"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

explosivo posted:

People seem to thinking Thursday for some reason, but I have no idea why or how realistic that is.

I agree it's shaky but the thinking is they specifically said Soon tm and poo poo usually gets dropped on a Thursday to take advantage of the weekend.