Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

explosivo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAIJIWDhOuc

Not sure how legit this is but it sure looks it!

It's from a reddit post where the guy says someone else in his game was loading stuff like this in: https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1b28cyd/mechs_enjoy/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

johnny park posted:

It's from a reddit post where the guy says someone else in his game was loading stuff like this in: https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1b28cyd/mechs_enjoy/

Sheeeeeeit

quote:

This is from a randoms game I joined last night, from what I saw he had access to theirs new weapons like an energy rpg coming, a meteorite that hits like the nuke, a group of helldivers you can call in to support you(npcs) and more

He was just showing me all the stuff he was pulling out of the files he had so I’m unsure if he was a hacker or a dev but he seemed super exited to show us. Until my game crashed from everything being loaded in and then I couldn’t find his username again.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

explosivo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAIJIWDhOuc

Not sure how legit this is but it sure looks it!

This baby is going to get so many friendly fire kills

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

explosivo posted:

Sheeeeeeit

oh poo poo baby a squad of boiz? gonna throw that stratagem onto a tank

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

jokes posted:

What if the stratagem helldivers can call strangems themselves.

What if they can call more stratagem helldivers.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Honestly it's probably a way to draw down the available reinforcements for a bunch of distractions and put those resources to work. NPCs with liberators can probably do a lot of damage against chaff

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

this game has been so successful that im excited to think about all the cool stuff the devs could add

i bet they had to cut a ton of features leading up to launch and now they can dust off those files and hopefully implement the stuff from their wildest dreams now

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

jokes posted:

Though if their AI is even remotely similar to that of the rover drones then I'm expecting a whole lot of friendly fire from them lol

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
The kill X bugs or bot missions are kind of disappointing. In the actual Starship Troopers game they have something like this, but you have 16 players, a huge arena and a bunch of points to spend on defenses and gun placements before the bugs start coming and at the end it's this huge scramble to try and extract with swarms chasing you the whole way. The mode in this game is like 10 minutes tops. Hope they make it more interesting.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Exodee posted:

Though if their AI is even remotely similar to that of the rover drones then I'm expecting a whole lot of friendly fire from them lol

Honestly an extremely dumb group of helldivers that serve only to draw aggro and maybe kill a few enemies in the process is a pretty funny idea

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Need a season event where Super Earth is attacked by a supposedly allied planet and we immediately invade a different planet in the same sector

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Speaking of the autocannon, I noticed tonight uses a toggle-action mechanism. So hilariously outdated. I'm killing Bots and Bugs with a bigass luger.

Maybe for small arms, but it's actually quite common in high-caliber weapons such as auto-cannons, auto-loading cannons, and auto-loading howitzers.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Dandywalken posted:

This may have been a bug, like with bot cannon turrets. That is, assuming its a bug at all...

Hopefully it is. Weak spots that encourage movement/dodging are great.
The SPAAG-style tank that shows up on higher difficulties doesn't have a weakspot, IIRC.

Ess
Mar 20, 2013

Insert name here posted:

The SPAAG-style tank that shows up on higher difficulties doesn't have a weakspot, IIRC.

well that's just rude.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Insert name here posted:

It's also way squishier and I'm pretty sure the 'open top' is weak to explosives in general. I've seen ACs shred it.

To that end holy poo poo are impacts Good.
Impact grenades are probably the best upgrade to basic kit - but you have to be a little more fiddly with taking out fabs and holes.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i very much dislike that the cannon towers don't get taken out by stratagems unless those stratagems also happen to directly hit the weakpoint on it. you'd think 2 eagle airstrikes and an orbital precision strike would be enough to turn a concrete tower into rubble regardless of weakpoint but i guess not

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

DarkDobe posted:

To that end holy poo poo are impacts Good.
Impact grenades are probably the best upgrade to basic kit - but you have to be a little more fiddly with taking out fabs and holes.

Bug holes are still pretty easy but I have like a 50% success rate with fabs

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Go for the doors instead of the events with impacts, imo.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
This morning I was in a match with randoms, called in the 500kg bomb, and the dude hosting the lobby ran directly into where I called the bomb and got vaporized. He called me an rear end in a top hat and then kicked me.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

ninjewtsu posted:

i very much dislike that the cannon towers don't get taken out by stratagems unless those stratagems also happen to directly hit the weakpoint on it. you'd think 2 eagle airstrikes and an orbital precision strike would be enough to turn a concrete tower into rubble regardless of weakpoint but i guess not

Basically the flakturm experience.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Excited for AI helldivers to use 120mm artillery and clusterbombs

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

ninjewtsu posted:

Stuff that has some targeting AI like the Railcannon and Orbital Laser will hit them. Them being elevated high up on towers most likely puts them out of the explosion radius of almost everything that hits the ground nearby.

Ess
Mar 20, 2013

the unabonger posted:

This morning I was in a match with randoms, called in the 500kg bomb, and the dude hosting the lobby ran directly into where I called the bomb and got vaporized. He called me an rear end in a top hat and then kicked me.

Sounds like a traitor to democracy. Keep up the good work.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
You can also destroy towers and fabs from across the map with spears. Fabs are tougher depending on line of sight, though.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Man I can't wait to stomp around in a mech.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Bandire posted:

Stuff that has some targeting AI like the Railcannon and Orbital Laser will hit them. Them being elevated high up on towers most likely puts them out of the explosion radius of almost everything that hits the ground nearby.

Orbital laser is great specifically because it'll clear a lot of that poo poo out. Big pack of hulks, berserkers, cannon turret and other shooty stuff? Laser it and clear out whatever survives. Everytime I try the same thing with a 500kg I just come back disappointed.

Its also fairly hard (but not impossible) to friendly-fire kill people with Orblasers.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

ninjewtsu posted:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've seen the 500kg bomb get results on Cannon Towers though, since I think its damage zone extends upward via its large, towering explosion.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Owl Inspector posted:

Excited for AI helldivers to use 120mm artillery and clusterbombs

AI helldiver as a backpack item he just sits on your back and shoots his liberator at guys behind you

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Incidentally, the Defender SMG seems really good. Near as I can tell, it's just a Liberator assault rifle with better handling while moving and a slightly faster reload.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
If youre doing briefcase carry missions for the nuke launch, you want the briefcase carrier to either use the SMG or to drop the case the second you need to engage

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

apostateCourier posted:

This is another thing people aren't taking into account; the railgun and shield combo is fully half of your strategem spots, two thirds with the AA condition! It had better be effective!

I think the meta will move away from everyone bringing everything they need and instead 1 or 2 people bring backpacks and 1 or 2 bring support weapons. It frees up extra slots and you can share, plus your strategems tend to do way more of the killing.

bandaid.friend posted:

Buffing everything to the level of the overpowered stuff is how warframe turned to poo poo

:wrong: it's pretty funny that warframe is probably in the best place it's been in some time, but you see random goons bring it up as the ruined dead game all the time.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

LuiCypher posted:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've seen the 500kg bomb get results on Cannon Towers though, since I think its damage zone extends upward via its large, towering explosion.
I wish I was this lucky with the 500 bomb :negative: "Okay it is resting against the base of the turret, this will surely count-god loving damnit"

Eagle rockets will, as usual, "Sometimes aim at it maybe" unless I just never notice teammates finishing the job from a distance and think eagle rockets did it.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I still gotta try the ballistic shield with the defender

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
There are a couple enemies that have multiple variants.

A YouTube I was watching showed that there is a tank variant with armored back vents.

He showed shooting it in the front between the treads somewhere working.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

poo poo I just realized the Defender is not the Knight. I was using the Knight the other day thinking that was the SMG everyone was raving about and couldn't figure it out because I thought it sucked!

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Defender is nice because it has almost no recoil; the scorcher also seems a lot better than the stats suggest for whatever reason.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Nice the breaker is getting some nerfs and the devs are talking about the hardest difficulties being something to strive for rather than just use the best weapons so things are looking up gang

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

flashman posted:

Nice the breaker is getting some nerfs and the devs are talking about the hardest difficulties being something to strive for rather than just use the best weapons so things are looking up gang

You have a lovely posting gimmick.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

flashman posted:

where you seeing this out of curiosity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

The devs had a big discord chat about the patching philosophy and "boost everything" VS "nerfs"