Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
My only worry is the movement looks a bit slow for the change to third person, but here's hoping it feels good and just looks kinda slow in the trailers.

Day one buy either way since I loved the first and am ready to serve Super Earth once again. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Fangz posted:

I've honestly had it the way around. I've had my support weapon or backpack come off cooldown so I drop a second one for my teammates, especially when they don't have anything equipped, only to find that they absolutely refuse to pick it up.

The only time someone has picked up one my support drops while I still have mine is if I ping it, which is how I try to signal "this poo poo is for anybody, go nuts."

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
It's very satisfying to run off ahead of the group, clear an objective point out before any of the enemies can send a flare/cry for help and then start working on it with near zero enemy presence. Makes you feel like a proper stealth operative.

I only really do it when the rest of my team is stopping to fight every single spawner/patrol but it always feels good to get it done before they show up, then relink up and move with them again.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
From what I understand it's more unsafe mode is now mandatory if you want to use it as a problem solver for heavies.

Really do wish they had done more buffs instead of nerfs though, it always feels worse when a team goes that path.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I've noticed the only times I get kicked after a mission is if I have the least kills, because I actually disengage and go do objectives while everyone else pulls the whole map to them aggro wise. Hell, I had mission last week where someone killed like 800 bugs somehow and I had "only" killed like 150ish but I extracted with a ton of samples and got the boot soon as we were back on the ship.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Has anyone else been having a weird bug where you take out a grenade after ever single stratagem you throw? It was happening to my entire team all night and went from a funny haha team kill after one mission to extremely annoying very quickly.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I play using a PS5 controller and it gives you a very obvious vibration before the railgun would otherwise pop in your hands, so I keep forgetting that's not a thing for keyboard players.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
So now that it's been out for a day, what are people bringing to the termicide missions?

Since we can damage the things with our own turrets I'm not sure which ones are actually worth bringing yet other than mines and teslas.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Janissary Hop posted:

That works against the yellow versions but the green ones are armored.

This explains a hell of a lot about why I was unloading breaker ammo into them all night last night since they were in every map I ran but never freaking died.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I will always bring the laser against bots since it will usually be enough to delete a heavy robot base all on its own and won't immediately alert them to where you are in case you need to clean up the rest of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
This whole thing has been funny to me cause I linked my account day one and forgot I even was asked to until this whole thing happened.

Anyway I'm really curious what the next major order is gonna be considering there's still a planet sitting there covered top to bottom in bug steroid clouds.