Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Yeah my only issue so far about this game that I am really looking forward to is that it feels they have shown us basically nothing and it's a week out.

Why haven't they just shown a mission start to finish? They aren't that long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

This video shows a fair amount of gameplay without commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH-peVASEIk

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Another video with gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85ZluDbK8ZA

31 minutes of it!

"The thing about hell divers is that you are always outnumbered but your firepower is very bastard"

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Jossar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv3jCBl9EyQ

https://gloryforsuperearth.com/

Streamer campaign announced, go watch 'em die for Democracy until the Twitch drop activates so you can go to the main website and claim an armor skin:

How does this work exactly, it seems like a really elaborate twitch campaign. Only available in certain countries at certain times?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

I hear this game is riddled with bugs and overrun by bots

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

So apparently there is a bug/crash if you change your armor after completing the tutorial, but before completing your first actual mission so don't do that.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Anyone able to get in on the twitch stuff yet? When I try to link my account via gloryforsuperearth.com it says I don't have access to this drop yet.

I'd like to link my accounts in prep for when it does start.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Has the server maintenance solved any issues?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

The prices of the cash shop items have been slowly increasing it seems, so probably will need to keep an eye on that, however Arrowhead are generally a really good developer so hopefully they will limit themselves.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Banjo Bones posted:

Thoughts on the Autocannon, personal special weapon? Seems like it owns, but was a bit miffed its shots deflect off armor. I was able to kill chargers with it when I realized their legs have weak spots. Bile titans, though I had a bit more trouble. Do you have to get under them to hurt them?

You can one shot the bile titan by shooting it in the mouth with an autocannon as it's about to spew bile.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

The best combo for chargers is a 1/2 recoilless rifle autocannon. One shot with the recoilless to the leg then two shots with the autocannon, really quick kill.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Darox posted:

I picked up the JAR and tried it on bots and it's pretty good as a marksman rifle that oneshots raiders and can put down basic devastators in a pinch but boy was I disappointed in its ability to kill striders, it bounces constantly.

And yet it goes through hive guardians and brood commanders armour like it's not there.

From what has been said online there are armour levels from 1-10, and there is some sort of deflection calculation on top of that for oblique angles.

Could be that hive guardian/brood commander is like 4 and walkers are like 5 or 6 which is just past the JAR's penetration capability.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

If you get two chargers to hit each other they should just die like that video of two cows charging each other.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

I would love a gang tag please!

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMCCCvfaVeI

Submitted without comment

TescoBag fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 16, 2024

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Has anyone tested my poor baby the slugger against devastators yet?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

I'm pretty sure the wars are going to be much longer this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

ZeusCannon posted:

I ran into only four types of bugs.

You need to play on higher difficulty settings if you want to see more.