Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Whoa, poo poo, I had no idea this was coming out so soon. I wasn't entirely sold on the new perspective for this one so I'm interested but probably going to wait to see what people think of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah that actually looks pretty great. Hype levels.. rising.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Helldivers had lore?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Wonder if that will be coming in a premium DLC after launch..

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The timestamped part in the latest trailer (:24) shows like a second of swapping out different armor

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Fishstick posted:

IS there any way on PC to change audio devices?

I have a bluetooth headphones and for some reason, even though the device is in headphone mode and explicitly even has the headset mode disabled as a device in windows, HD2 switches to this mode (which has awful audio quality) and I cant seem to change it anywhere?

Edit: And neither headphone nor windows volume control works, only ingame? What the heck is this

This happens to me all the time with my Bluetooth buds. Is there a setting in game to configure the input device for chat and is it set to your headphones? If so try changing it to anything else.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

idiotsavant posted:

Game looks good, tho I’ve read that the anti-cheat is pretty aggressive? and the monetization seems so as well. Is this just what GaaS is these days though?

Not sure what aggressive anti-cheat means here, I saw people complaining about this using some janky korean MMO anti-cheat and that might be so but it hasn't made a difference to me :shrug:

Also the monetization seems like a pretty standard battlepass. Plenty of stuff to get without paying money for it but also some stuff like cosmetics and weapons you can get by paying money for it or being locked to the premium battlepass tier.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Grenade Launcher + Resupply pack is great, it's nice having something that you can plug up bug holes from a distance although you need a good angle on it for it to work.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Q: how do you revive teammates? Someone else does it before I can ever figure it out.

You can't revive, you call in a reinforcement pod with your strategem and they come back in

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Benagain posted:

The fact that you start laughing maniacally after about 7 seconds of continuous fire is amazing.

This game has a lot of small touches like this that make it feel special.

Someone mentioned the need for a "For Democracy!" shout button a la DRG and I completely agree.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

What is the deal with the twitch drops for this? It doesn't let me link because it says I don't have the minimum required whatevers, do I need to watch the stream (looks like later today there's some going) and then link it to redeem it? Feels backwards from the usual thing where you had to link before being eligible.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

boz posted:

Yeah it's exactly that and it is backwards.

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure I had it right, that definitely sounds worth it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Any updates on that server maintenance?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Maintenance is over, servers are opening up again

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh yeah I guess that post on the discord was bullshit because it's still down for me, lol. I'll just.. shelve this for tonight I think.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

sock it to me! posted:

The SEAF Artillery are pro stops early in a drop. You complete a secondary objective AND get an extra stratagem for the rest of the mission.

I've seen so many pubbie squads not even realize this and all the artillery strikes are left by the end of a mission. Throw them shits out!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

sock it to me! posted:

The mini nukes you can load into it will gently caress up a factory or bug nest real good too.

Holy poo poo I didn't even realize that the shells you loaded into it corresponded with the actual strikes you call down. I thought it was just random chance making EMP's show up sometimes.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm really digging bringing the supply pack. You can keep people supplied but also if the team can stay topped up through drops and pickups you can use it to give yourself ammo with an ammo hungry weapon like the grenade launcher. The cooldown is pretty short too so I'll call down a new one every now and then to keep my supply packs topped off too.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

triple sulk posted:

Where the gently caress do I find any of these supercredits in the mission maps. I haven't even accidentally stumbled across a single one. Is it difficulty based?

Look for the caches that have a white flashing light emitting from it that you have to salute to open, you can usually see them from pretty far away. I've found some on Medium difficulty but not a lot.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Did they fix the game yet or are people still losing rewards?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sab669 posted:

How long does a Mission take typically? I played the original one way back in the day but don't remember poo poo about it other than "was fun". I snagged this but only had time to do the tutorial before having to log in for work :argh:

Depends on how obsessively you or your team is checking for goodies around the map. Max mission timer that I've seen is 40 minutes but I've had missions go 5 minutes and some go to the end because we're looking for materials.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Also dumb question but how do you heal someone else with a STIM on PC? I get the box over someone when they’re half health but can’t figure out what to press

E, the use button.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I am liking the Explosive Liberator a lot; sure it doesn't *blow up* when you shoot things with it but the slower ROF and high damage to weak points makes it pretty great for mid range engagements.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

RBA Starblade posted:

I wonder if you'll know if a human GM interacts with your game? Or if they hired nearly enough for the popularity lmao

Is this a thing? I know they have the global bonuses they can add like everyone getting a railgun but are they personally interacting with individual games?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

God drat fighting the robots certainly is another vibe altogether. I can definitely see the heavy armor coming more in use there than against the bugs since I was basically taking small arms fire the whole time and only needed to stim once or twice through the whole mission.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TescoBag posted:

Has the server maintenance solved any issues?

I had to retry matchmaking a few times before getting a success but I got through a couple on break and got the rewards for em so :shrug:

I think the true test will be in a couple hours once people start getting off work.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

New update on PC just hit

quote:

Hello Helldivers,
This morning, we gathered the best engineers Super Earth can muster to look at the main issues that are impacting your experience and to fix them.
These issues are caused mostly by having so many players in the game and server capacity creating unexpected behaviors.

Let me update you on what we did so far with the latest patch being deployed:

Server Capacity and log in access:
We have eased the authentication request overall.
We have improved error message visibility and added a countdown timer to clearly show when a new attempt will be made.

Progression and mission reward not being granted:
We fixed the daily and difficulty progression error
Based on the testing we have done we believe we have fixed future mission rewards but will continue to monitor this closely as it is our top priority
To compensate for lost rewards, we are working on an increased reward event

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shuka posted:

Does helldivers 2 have vehicles? They weren't very popular at high difficulties in the first one but I fuckin loved the apc's and buzzing around

Not yet, mechs are "coming soon"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Internet Explorer posted:

There's already a type of player that is starting to solidify in my mind that is annoying as hell to play with. Runs around like absolute mad, tries to scour the whole map but does it in the least efficient way possible. Usually has a jump pack.

Yeah I have seen this a couple times. At least when they die they *have* to regroup because they can only spawn in where you throw the beacon.

Edit: although that same person is probably also quitting as soon as they die

explosivo fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 12, 2024

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, quickplay sure is still failing like 90% of the time.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pubbies + Mortar Turrets are a menace. I keep quickmatching into the tiny "kill 150 bugs" mission and idiots putting mortars down here where there's nowhere to go, constantly bombarding everyone with mortar fire.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Blind Rasputin posted:

Oh my god if you find that Artillery emplacement. Load the yellow shells for sure. I don’t know what order it fires but you get a stratagem called “SEAF ARTILLERY” for each shell and the yellows are mini nukes. Lmao holy gently caress

They did such a good job with these massive satisfying explosions. I've watched a couple people stream this while playing for the first time and it's always the same "HOLY poo poo" reaction when stuff like this happens.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I like when wearing the heavy armor from the super shop and a different helmet you can see there's nothing modeled under the helmet so it looks like an invisible person wearing it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

central dogma posted:

Feels like the cross hair is always a bit behind. Hard to explain.

blastron posted:

It actually is behind. Your character takes time to swing their weapon around. If you go into first-person mode (MMB by default on PC, idk what it is on controller), it's a little easier to see what's happening.

Also when in third person the circle will indicate where your gun is aimed, once you play with this in mind it gets a little less awkward. But I still aim down sights when I need to be accurate.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

victrix posted:

where the gently caress are ultra rare samples? we've done multiple helldive operations now and found zero, and this is after completing the primary then dicking around on the map doing secondaries

What difficulty are you playing on?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

victrix posted:

helldive

Oh well then I have no idea sorry :shobon:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Geckoagua posted:

If I’m understanding right, the spitters bulbous back is all ‘weak point’ and weak point only gives you 10% more normal damage bonus, but explosive gets a huge bonus, so something like the explosive assault rifle should shred these dudes? Also charger butts? I need to test.. would be nice to have an excuse to use the MG or Flamethrower instead of AC/AM sniper/RR/etc. in slot 3.

I'm using the explosive liberator and it definitely shreds the spitters.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's great how little of an issue getting killed is in this other than the reinforcement cost and needing to do the reinforcement. Like there's no lost rewards because people died along the way as long as everyone is there for extraction.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Fate Accomplice posted:

do hellpod optimizations affect

a) just me
b) all of us if I'm hosting
c) everyone in my party regardless of host?

some are worded "helldivers get X" and others "all helldivers get X"

I was a bit confused about this too. I understand you can upgrade yours regardless of whose ship you're on but it wasn't really clear to me if my "-1s to eagle strikes" upgrade goes for everyone or just me because it's my upgrade on my ship.

Edit: Oops sorry. I haven't unlocked boosters yet!

explosivo fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Feb 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I've been under the impression that's essentially what validating does.

Validating only downloads files that it detects issues with, which might not get swept up in your case.