Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Guess it all goes back to how evil you really feel some of these Jesus dummies really are.

I remember a buncha goons getting panties in a bunch over Tebow and cousins giving money + time to weird fundie groups, as insane religious people do.

I don't really think the jesus guys are evil, just annoying. And i feel pretty much the same way about rogan guys.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Most conspiracies start at different places, but they sure love to end up blaming the same group. Funny how that works.

most americans believe in a number of weird conspiracy theories while not being nazi groypers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

I don't really think the jesus guys are evil, just annoying. And i feel pretty much the same way about rogan guys.

most americans believe in a number of weird conspiracy theories while not being nazi groypers.

I'm sure the Rogan listeners are very fine people.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://x.com/PFF_Chiefs/status/1749793384880058660?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

We still doing politics sports posting? cuz in that case

https://twitter.com/the_binp/status/1749630237384614323

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Kalli posted:

Jesus lollll

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Holy crap it's Cupcake Dog's ancestor!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Kalli posted:

This is disrespectful to Ennui Husky

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

I would absolutely not put down money that Aaron doesn't have some extremely stupid views about Jews.

He believes in reptilians so you have good instincts there.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean he was at a Kabbalah retreat so he probably thinks he actually, actually is one of the real Jews

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

There is indeed a huge overlap between people who go "balls deep" into bigfoots, fake moon landings, UFO conspiracies and the alt right and so you have that. Then of course Joe Rogan is one of these guys who has claimed to be liberal but like Bill Maher he can't cope with the culture and his brain is broken by BLM, trans rights, and is obsessed with the concept of 'woke' as derisive. If you're alt right you can tune into a lot of Rogan hot takes and go "hell yeah bro." I mean he's basically just a big dumb gullible idiot.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

There is indeed a huge overlap between people who go "balls deep" into bigfoots, fake moon landings, UFO conspiracies and the alt right and so you have that. Then of course Joe Rogan is one of these guys who has claimed to be liberal but like Bill Maher he can't cope with the culture and his brain is broken by BLM, trans rights, and is obsessed with the concept of 'woke' as derisive. If you're alt right you can tune into a lot of Rogan hot takes and go "hell yeah bro." I mean he's basically just a big dumb gullible idiot.

yeah the basic truth is that most people (at least in our educational/cultural milieu) do not have any consistent or expressible ideology at all. this goes very much for rogan and rogan listeners. they are useful idiots because he gives fascists a platform to say things, and these people just believe the most recent thing they've heard said forcefully. Just keep in mind how successful it was for Bernie Sanders to have one appearance on the show

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If you deliberately give nazis a platform to spread their hate, you are a nazi.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Kalli posted:

It really took a lot not to burst out laughing in my office at this.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Kalli posted:

I have a shirt with that logo on it! Ennui Husky is the best Husky.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Another fun 2023 Lions fact: they've beaten the last four Super Bowl winners this season (TB, LAR, KCx2)

There's still football to be played why are we already in politics mode

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
One of my coworkers drew ennui Husky on a piece of cardboard, then cut it out, then added a speech bubble with one word: "Help."
It hangs proudly in our kitchen on our bulletin board. Unintentionally brilliant logo.

Anyway, Lions>Ravens>49ers>Chiefs for me.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

i just realized, sorry to the buffalo bills for taking the place of the saints as the guys getting owned in the league's best games

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

razorscooter posted:

i just realized, sorry to the buffalo bills for taking the place of the saints as the guys getting owned in the league's best games

As a saints fan this is 100% correct. Sorry Bills fans. At least the regular seasons are fun!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Having a good, exciting team that has legendary misfortune in the playoffs is better than having a boring, mediocre team that will never matter in the playoffs, as much as it hurts to watch those defeats.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
At least Saints fans have a Super Bowl win to remember when poo poo goes wrong in the playoffs.

Bills are still trying to even get back to the Super Bowl after the 0-4 streak.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

razorscooter posted:

...Huh, thats why rooting for the bills felt so familiar.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lmao tell me you’re a chiefs fan without telling me you’re a chiefs fan

Not even close, I'm a straight up Kelce hater, but every single LOOK HOW GOOFY GRONK IS moment on broadcasts is insufferable, if either one of the Kelce's end up in a studio at least they'll just do the job.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

So Rodgers is definitely in the Nazi percentile of Rogan's broad audience of dumb guys, but somehow all these hyper-Christian QBs are probably just pretty chill guys who are avoiding the inescapably malignant beliefs and attitudes that litter that ideological path?

I've seen Carr put up a pretty impressive front on non-toxic Christianity for a decade now and won't be shocked one bit if he's also caught participating in some Cousins-type bullshit

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://twitter.com/NFLFilms/status/1749914216339800393

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Bills are still trying to even get back to the Super Bowl after the 0-4 streak.

It’s been thirty years and I still can’t get over that. Losing the Super Bowl 4 straight years is just insane haha

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

sponges posted:

It’s been thirty years and I still can’t get over that. Losing the Super Bowl 4 straight years is just insane haha

One of the cool things in the Hall of Fame is the Giants defensive game plan from Super Bowl XXV that in lead to the original Wide Right

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That was so dumb. Only topped by Allen's last 2 decisions.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That was so dumb. Only topped by Allen's last 2 decisions.

It's still amazing that the fake punt really didn't change the game too much. That should really be a game changing moment and it didn't end up as one.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The337th posted:

So Rodgers is definitely in the Nazi percentile of Rogan's broad audience of dumb guys, but somehow all these hyper-Christian QBs are probably just pretty chill guys who are avoiding the inescapably malignant beliefs and attitudes that litter that ideological path?

I've seen Carr put up a pretty impressive front on non-toxic Christianity for a decade now and won't be shocked one bit if he's also caught participating in some Cousins-type bullshit

He really hasn't done anything to back up you saying this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I increasingly am feeling like unless you have a really good one, or your punter is a good thrower or something, fake punts are just worse than going for it.

mcmagic posted:

He regularly and intentionally spreads vaccine misinformation and bitches about woke culture and cancel culture. He has done more than enough. He really, really, really, really has.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

MJeff posted:

I increasingly am feeling like unless you have a really good one, or your punter is a good thrower or something, fake punts are just worse than going for it.

He regularly and intentionally spreads vaccine misinformation and bitches about woke culture and cancel culture. He has done more than enough. He really, really, really, really has.

that makes him like most joe rogan guys.... it's not really to the level of being a nazi

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Y’all are misreading that post, and also this slapfight is dumb as gently caress

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mcmagic posted:

that makes him like most joe rogan guys.... it's not really to the level of being a nazi

Incorrect.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Read the post again and try to absorb the point of contrasting supposed nazi Rodgers and supposed sweetheart fundy QBs

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The337th posted:

Read the post again and try to absorb the point of contrasting supposed nazi Rodgers and supposed sweetheart fundy QBs

I just don't think rodgers is a nazi

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Perhaps twenty more posts will change someone's mind

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My favourite thing about AM sports radio shows is the thinly veiled burning hatred the hosts have for the question "hey guys how you doing?"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I guess they don’t know what that emoji is used for nowadays

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I guess they don’t know what that emoji is used for nowadays

i don't know gently caress about poo poo, man. sometimes that's fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014