Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

I honestly think the majority of the rain is going to be over by noon

even today looks way better than the forecast was lookin. seems like its gonna get dumped overnight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead

Rogue Elephant posted:

I don't understand why it doesn't seem to sit all the way down on his head. It makes him look like the Great Gazoo. He doesn't have THAT much hair underneath it

My theory is there’s a rat up there pulling his hair directing him

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I'm more nervous about the 49ers/Lions game than I am the Ravens game.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kawalimus posted:

I'm more nervous about the 49ers/Lions game than I am the Ravens game.

Of course you are. This determines whether you guys end up the villains or the good guys in the SB.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Of course you are. This determines whether you guys end up the villains or the good guys in the SB.

I'm not worried about that idea so much as I'm happy being either. But if we lose I'd rather lose to the Chiefs than anyone else in the AFC because at least we just lose to the team that beats everyone. I felt the same way about the Patriots in some ways. But what I'm worried about is like I've said how I don't want the Ravens to play the 49ers for multitudes of reasons and I'm 90% certain we lose the game.

Plus if we lose we dodge the 49ers potentially. Or having to be the team that lost in the SB to the Lions.

You know what. I might actually want the 49ers to win now. Because if we lose to the 49ers whatever. But if we lose to the Lions we hear about this storybook season crap for the rest of history and have to see us losing over and over. But the 49ers whatever you lose to a team with like 10 all-pros

Oh but to get rid of another team's undefeated SB record!! It's tempting to try. I can't decide.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jan 27, 2024

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ah god I've got kawalimus brain because I absolutely agree that I don't want to hear about the Lions magical season beating the Ravens for the rest of my life

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ah god I've got kawalimus brain because I absolutely agree that I don't want to hear about the Lions magical season beating the Ravens for the rest of my life

I think if that ends up being the matchup, you won't

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i want to see the highlights of them losing to the ravens forever instead

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I’ve thought about it and would also rather lose to the Ravens rather than make it to the SB and lose to the Lions, especially since they beat us week 1. It would be such a great story for the Lions and extremely humiliating as a Chiefs fan.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I do. I want the Ravens to get that IMPERFECT SUPER BOWL RECORD and they'll be tainted as a loser franchise forever.

Also, Lions bitch.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

losing to the jets in superbowl 3 made my dad stop watching football for awhile. superbowl 5 was too miserable to really bring him back and then he was overseas after that until the colts moved

anyway we don't really have to worry about that problem because the earth is going to explode in approximately 10 years

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Y'all are broken. I'd love a Lions/Ravens Superbowl. If the Ravens win...then the Ravens won the Superbowl! If the Lions win we get the best story in Football since the Giants beat the undefeated Pats. That's one hell of a consultation prize.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Y'all are broken. I'd love a Lions/Ravens Superbowl. If the Ravens win...then the Ravens won the Superbowl! If the Lions win we get the best story in Football since the Giants beat the undefeated Pats. That's one hell of a consultation prize.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Lamar Tha God, the Football Terrorist, deserves a ring, and the Lions deserve one too, so its win win (but I strongly prefer the Lions)

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

but yeah, agreed. i wouldn't be upset specifically cause its the lions or that we'd have to hear about them, i would be upset cause i want to see jackson, andrews, humphrey, zeitler win a ring, and i want to see tucker get his second

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i think the problem is that a week is way too long between games at this stage, especially when this is kinda a dead zone for sports. i can't even remember how i dealt with the bye week before the superbowl back in 2012. probably drank myself into a coma and assumed they'd lose like i had done before the broncos and patriots agmes

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

this is the way

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah, obviously Lions winning would be amazing, but even if they lose, hey, Lamar and a bunch of other cool players get rings. Same deal if the 49ers win.

As long as it's not the Chiefs I'm cool with whoever winning.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

See I can't be like that. If the Ravens lose to the Lions I'd hate them forever and hate any reference to that stupid game we lost to them. And it's almost the storybook is writing itself with these games. The Justin Tucker game and this year's blowout. So they have an AFC nemesis they have to beat. And those games will now be soiled as part of the buildup to the Lions overcoming them and winning it all. I can't stand the thought of it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mega64 posted:

As long as it's not the Chiefs I'm cool with whoever winning.

On the other hand imagine Kadarius Toney having two rings. Mecole Hardman 3?

You may not like it but that'd make for some good damned trivia in a few years.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

You may have an unhealthy outlook at sports. Yeah, it sucks when my team loses, but sometimes it's something cool, like Joe Burrow's first win, or Lamar's first playoff win, or the Patriots destroying us in the snow. It's nice to be able to enjoy the sport in general and not just from the outlook of my own team. Each team has their own cool narratives going on and I like watching all of those develop.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I want the Ravens to get that IMPERFECT SUPER BOWL RECORD and they'll be tainted as a loser franchise forever.

Also, Lions bitch.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

On the other hand imagine Kadarius Toney having two rings. Mecole Hardman 3?

You may not like it but that'd make for some good damned trivia in a few years.

Blaine Gabbert with rings from two different teams.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Grittybeard posted:

On the other hand imagine Kadarius Toney having two rings.

Keeping one ring on strains his hands to the very limits. Giving him two would be cruel, he'd spend the rest of his life picking them up off the ground.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mega64 posted:

You may have an unhealthy outlook at sports. Yeah, it sucks when my team loses, but sometimes it's something cool, like Joe Burrow's first win, or Lamar's first playoff win, or the Patriots destroying us in the snow. It's nice to be able to enjoy the sport in general and not just from the outlook of my own team. Each team has their own cool narratives going on and I like watching all of those develop.

I can do that if my own team's not involved. If the Ravens lose and the Lions get to the SB I'll be rooting for them all the way and be able to enjoy that. But not if it's the Ravens. I can't.

It's not every day you get a shot at the Superbowl and we have our best QB ever and want him to get one. If he doesn't and that was the only true chance he ever got at it? I'll never forgive them.

In fact that can be our motivator. Destroy them for revenge for this potential timeline I've created. For all the times I've had to watch the Ravens lose to the Lions. Infinite times even in this short period. Destroy them!! :D

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I still sometimes randomly think of Eli Manning being 2-0 in super bowls vs Brady and giggle.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
stop getting angry at video games

sports are video games in this post

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Referring to Detroit's 0-0 Super Bowl record as "undefeated" is a good bit and one that I'm stealing if they don't make it this year.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

C-Euro posted:

Referring to Detroit's 0-0 Super Bowl record as "undefeated" is a good bit and one that I'm stealing if they don't make it this year.

technically is the best kind of correct

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Found Kawalimus' letterboxd

https://x.com/halalarbys/status/1751288400370602039?s=20

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Idk what their issue is, France is absolutely full of loons. The guy even calls it common. Or were phones invented in like 1919 or something dumb

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Borsche69 posted:

i think the problem is that a week is way too long between games at this stage, especially when this is kinda a dead zone for sports. i can't even remember how i dealt with the bye week before the superbowl back in 2012. probably drank myself into a coma and assumed they'd lose like i had done before the broncos and patriots agmes

Didn't a couple of NBA players drop 70 burgers this week?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mustached Demon posted:

Didn't a couple of NBA players drop 70 burgers this week?

the doncic game was cool. but i can't really follow the nba until the playoffs unless they put a team back in baltimore. even college ball is tough to follow until march madness or unless the terps are real good (they aren't)

i wouldve been watching the australian open more if it wasnt on during moon hours

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Oh my god Mecole Hardman might get a third Super Bowl ring.

I want the chiefs to win this week because I always want them to win. I’d rather they win this week and lose in the Super Bowl to whoever than lose this week and not get another two weeks of thinking they could win the Super Bowl again.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
This is a good watch/read if you are into nerding out about IT/networking stuff. The 49ers let Serve The Home tour their data center at Levis Stadium

https://www.servethehome.com/inside-the-secret-data-center-at-the-heart-of-the-san-francisco-49ers-levis-stadium-intel/

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Oh my god Mecole Hardman might get a third Super Bowl ring.

Nelson Agholor might get a second

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Agholor has been a very nice WR3/4 :shrug:

I can only remember one horrible drop against the Steelers, and everyone was dropping passes that game

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

Agholor has been a very nice WR3/4 :shrug:

I can only remember one horrible drop against the Steelers, and everyone was dropping passes that game

he did have the one blip on the hands team against the cardinals giving up that onside kick. everyone in the world watching that game rolled their eyes simultaneously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1751426635553722489?s=46&t=6_UcAfY6Wq1IM8oyvJfMBw

they made him have a kid so they could bench him

jokes aside congratulations having a kid rules