Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Dudes rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Honestly if the Ravens defense plays like it did against Houston nobody will beat us. Stroud did about as good of a job as I've ever seen avoiding a constant pass rush. If you had told me going in that the Ravens would record zero sacks and zero turnovers I would have assumed Stroud had a huge day and we probably lost.

One thing I noticed during the game was that the pressure seemed to allow Stroud to occasionally break out for a big gain but it was constant enough that eventually the Texans made enough mistakes to force a punt. It seemed like every drive would wind up with a 3rd and long from the Texans 40 that they’d convert, only for them to get stymied as the field got shorter. On the one hand, the pass catching unit from the Texans seems better than the Chiefs, but Mahomes is much more likely to punish the Ravens if they let him get away from pressure. Should be a fun battle.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

kiimo posted:

cmon guys it's like you aren't even reading the right clues because the NFL logo already has Ravens / 9ers colors plus that graphic that accidentally made it out of the writer's room that also said Ravens / 9ers.

Clearly the NFL wants two coastal elite teams and the blue collar Chiefs / Lions with their small cities never stood a chance. The NFL has a pooping in SF problem and that image needs to be cleaned up and Baltimore might as well be the DC swamp that needs to be drained so classic misdirection look over here not over here.

I think you’ll find that the pooping happens in Baltimore, actually.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Okay, fair, he is a statistical outlier. But if you purposely choose to use that outlier, what does that do to statistical value? Isn't that still fishy? I forgot everything from probabilities and statistics in college so I need a little push in the right direction here.

You’re assuming a motive when there’s no evidence for it

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Congrats Ross

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

Stavvy is a better superfan then Swift. Get him on radio row

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1750226358628647294

1. As always, gently caress Colin Cowherd with a rusty trowel

2. wtf, when did LeBatard get so old!?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Fat Jesus posted:

I assumed some basketball great who played for years would be worth something? Maybe he's gambled it all away and is reduced to making poo poo ads for a poo poo product in a far off land.

He’s exceedingly wealthy, just not a billionaire.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He got his MBA from the University of Phoenix.

They’re going to teach you the same hackneyed bullshit there and at Wharton, so smart of him to not pay for the name.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

What jobs are left open now? It’s just Seattle and Washington, right? I’m actually starting to get my hopes up that both Monken and Macdonald get to stick around for next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Scarabrae posted:

Ya I have never understood how to actually follow baseball, I don’t get to watch it very often because I only bother doing so when the Blue Jays are in the postseason

You follow the standings until mid-August, go to a few games in that timeframe, and then watch if it’s on in a bar/you remember they’re playing that day.