Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bills fans. I'm sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My worry for the Lions a little it is the herculean effort its going to take to overcome the 49ers and the hard games they've had already. Long time to stay up.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

rjmccall posted:

Warren Sharp is talking as if you’d expect every ref to give the home team a roughly 50:50 record against the spread. Statistically, though, you should actually expect refs to fall into a binomial distribution: if every game is decided by flipping a perfectly fair coin (and remember that we’re talking about the spread here, so 50% should be about right), random chance means that almost certainly there will be some refs who happen to preside over a lot of home-team wins and others who preside over a lot of home-team losses. The Twitter thread says that the observed distribution is very plausible for a binomial process and the ref in question is not a significant outlier.

That is an excellent explanation and I appreciate it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I was watching 59-0 and realized that the refs have red striped uniforms. Is that for visibility reasons or something else?

One of the throw back weekends for some kinda anniversary the refs iirc were wearing AFL throw backs. Pats were in their originals and iirc the Titans were in maybe their old oilers ones.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I am obsessed with jalapeño anchovy feta + mozzarella pizza and I will not be ashamed of it

You should be!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Just grow up and try it, worst case you just pick off the anchovies

It’s a fantastic blend of salty umami with spice and then extra cream to increase the spice

tbh the only thing I didn't like is the jalapenos. I'd probably sub em for some calabrian chilis

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah I think both LeBron and Jordan have lifetime deals with NIke which involved stock.

Shaq made hundreds of millions when amazon bought Ring because he was an early investor. He also went and got his MBA iirc when he retired and his networth increased dramatically. I have a lot of respect for his business acumen after listening to him do a few long form interviews on how he grew his wealth after his playing days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He got his MBA from Phoenix University.

and then turned a fortune of about a hundred million into somewhere between 4 and 5.