Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mistermojo posted:

time to count out Touchdown Pat… no thats not right.. Passer Pat

Penalty Pat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

feel bad for Bills fans but not bad enough to be unhappy about the Chiefs win. What a weird season, but if you got a good quarterback and a good defense you always have a chance gonna need to play perfect against Baltimore though

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MJeff posted:

I really want a Lions/Chiefs super bowl so either the Lions win the Super Bowl or I get to see people's brains shatter into pieces when Mahomes gets #3 and then shatter again when they cut to Kelce and Taytay kissing.

Would love this matchup obviously, not only because Travis proposing to Taylor on the field after a win or Lions fans screaming grit until they pass out would both be incredible in regards to breaking the internet but also because if it is Ravens / 49ers the conspiracy theories would be impossible to avoid

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm very glad that nothing came from that flag where the ball wasn't quite out of Mahomes hand when the Bills DB full on shouldered MVS. I didn't really want whining about the refs to be the takeaway.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fknlo posted:

I don't think it's going to be physically possible for Taylor to be at the Super Bowl since she has a concert in Japan a few hours before or after the game. So probably not gonna be a proposal.

You are wrong

I don't have time to explain why

also I can ignore this right

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/calls-mount-for-bills-chiefs-nfl-officiating-crew-to-be-investigated

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Talk radio talking about hiring Bill to get the Bills over the hump.

Man the Bills have been awesome and have come a hair's breath away multiple times. I can't imagine Bills fans jumping on the Belichick bandwagon to get over the hump. I think staying healthy is the only thing you have to overcome really.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

How so? The chiefs got lucky by an unlucky field goal attempt and then all the swifties on reddit were discussing hoping someone would stay close to him right now for his own safety

I think they’re beatable and I also think Lamar is super unbeatable, so chiefs/lions aren’t even in the cards

Did you watch that game? I have a feeling the Chiefs were winning that game even if Bass made that kick. It was just to tie it and there was two minutes left and they could not stop the run all game.

Bass is not Norwood.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Read that Tyler Bass deactivated all his social media after getting death threats. Then Bills fans donated to his charities.

This is the Buffalo experience.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It feels silly to say the Chiefs lucked out by drawing the Dolphins and Bills, but with how depleted those defenses were it may be true.

Yeah if the Chiefs go in to Baltimore and win there then I think you have to re-assess. But also the Chiefs have had the elements of a great team all season and simply can not stop shooting themselves in the foot with dropped passes, turnovers, penalties and inexplicable miscommunication. I don't even feel like those problems are worked out yet but if hey manage to not do those things they can beat anyone because they have a great line and a great defense to go with the coach and QB.

But like, Baltimore has all those things too.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mahomes has had meltdowns but they only last a quarter

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That wasn't Kelce. It was one of the WRs.

E: Actually, it looks like it might have been a RB. McKinnon maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2yzw8DvDOs

you linked the wrong pass, which was to Pringle. I understand, because it happened multiple times. But the iconic throw that hit the facemask was to Darrell Williams and he is no longer with the team because gently caress you, Darrell Williams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdBP6jDOkWY

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

cmon guys it's like you aren't even reading the right clues because the NFL logo already has Ravens / 9ers colors plus that graphic that accidentally made it out of the writer's room that also said Ravens / 9ers.

Clearly the NFL wants two coastal elite teams and the blue collar Chiefs / Lions with their small cities never stood a chance. The NFL has a pooping in SF problem and that image needs to be cleaned up and Baltimore might as well be the DC swamp that needs to be drained so classic misdirection look over here not over here.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You want to know how to sell a story

Take a story about how three friends did blow with fentanyl in it outside in their friend's backyard and then died and put THREE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS FANS in the headline, as if there is a person in the city who isn't a Chiefs fan

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kalli posted:

I didn't know he was hurt:

They thought he tore it.

It's wild to think he could play even with a strain, that poo poo is wildly painful.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

We went twenty years without a playoff win and that was just a couple days ago according to my memory

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AndrewP posted:

What’s wrong with Pacheco, why didn’t he practice?

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1750218928947696034

not turf toe

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I guess I feel like when you comeback like Alex Smith did, which required an unfathomable amount of suffering and struggle it really is a feat.

This might sound a little insensitive but Damar kind of just...didn't die? I dunno I might not be phrasing this well

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

quote:

Illegally placing thousands of different bets, including some on LSU football, with wagers and payouts coming out to "several hundred thousand dollars"

Man sounds like this guy has a good at gambling problem

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wanted to like dungeness crab so much but alas

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Snow crab still the best.

Two pounds of it and lots of sake.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Borsche69 posted:

there's a chat thread?

please refer to it as the "talk about food as if everyone cares what your personal preferences are" thread. I just posted my personal feelings about guacamole, hope it illuminates your day.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

MAndrews without a nerve block is better than aged Kelce.

Mark Andrews who has one season over 1000 yards is better than Kelce who has seven?
Oh you mean Mark Andrews THIS season since Kelce was 16 yards short of a thousand. But wait Andrews has 544 yards this season.
Oh you mean if Mark Andrews didn't have this season but like, had another season. THEN he's better than Kelce.

Nope still not true

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yes, I'm talking about this season with a healthy, undestroyed ankle vs this season slowed down Kelce.

Sorry, I besmirched his half of fame legacy by thinking he may be diminishing. May his underdog legacy reign eternal

He gets double teamed and until Rice started stepping up he was blanketed. Rumors of his age slowing him down are inflated in my opinion.

Also I've had Andrews on my dynasty team his entire career along with Likely since he first flashed in preseason. I'm very familiar with them. Saying Andrews has passed Kelce is just a hot take that's all Travis isn't gonna gently caress me so I don't really need to stan for him. I guess disagreeing with a hot take is me over reacting though

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

There's being a fan and going full Mahomes, not getting a call when someone says a player may have been surpassed.

You: Andrews is better than Kelce

Me: Kelce is better than Andrews

You: HOW FAR UP THE CHIEFS' rear end ARE YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's saying I'm being whiny, like my QB begging for a call.

I think he's not really reading the room, like his QB getting a massage

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No shame in losing to Baltimore in Baltimore.

Also house money with the best player in the game so anything is possible.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Toney deleted his instagram

...again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Willy Gay Jr is a big loss. Ugh.